Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 06:33 AM

157 posts, read 569,163 times

Advertisements

I've posted asking about specific schools and have gotten little response. Can anyone tell me anything about Chesterfield schools vs Henrico?

I'm looking at three rentals, two are in Midlothian, one in Glen Allen. All 3 of the houses are great for varying reasons. I'd be happy in any. I just really need help with the school thing! I have a middle schooler and 2 elementary school kids.

I'm looking at Springfield Park & Hungary Creek (Tucker High School) in Henrico (Glen Allen) and Alberta Smith & Bailey Bridge Middle (Manchester) or Evergreen Elementary & Swift Creek Middle School (Clover Hill High).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 07:12 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,694,440 times
I wish I could help, but I honestly don't know anything about the schools although I've heard second hand that Springfield Park is good. Part of the problem is that this forum doesn't have a lot of regular posters. I would guess if you were to ask a question about a specific school on the Northern Virginia or Raleigh Durham forum, you would likely find someone or several people with first hand experience because those forums have a lot more regular posters. The problem with comparing the schools at the county level is that Henrico has some great schools and some terrible ones so it's hard to base a decision about a specific school on the county as a whole. Is one home more convenient for commuting?

Old 03-23-2009, 09:10 AM

Yes, my husband works in Midlothian, so those two are definitely closer.. one is like 5 minutes from his work, the other is 15. The Glen Allen house is 30-35 but we're used to a commute, his prior jobs were all 45 minutes or so to work. I feel stuck. I know about greatschools.net but that's not always an accurate accounting of the school. The school my kids are in now is superb but there are some negative remarks on there. This is the most difficult part of the move! I feel like even one horrible school year can make such an impact and don't want that for my kids. AHHHH!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:40 AM

1,799 posts, read 6,314,745 times
It's tough because one person might say "School X is terrible - School Y is the best" and another might say something totally opposite. None are terrible schools.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondpics View Post
It's tough because one person might say "School X is terrible - School Y is the best" and another might say something totally opposite. None are terrible schools.
I know! That's the hard part. None of the schools on my list are known as terrible schools? That's HELPFUL! (I'm being totally serious).

Old 03-23-2009, 02:15 PM

418 posts, read 1,048,486 times
Evergreen/Swift Creek pairing would probably be the strongest of the three (or at least of the Chesterfield schools).

Old 03-24-2009, 08:02 PM

Thank you ellieb128!!! We put in our application for that house!! I hope it works out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: