Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 02:06 PM

485 posts, read 691,385 times

Advertisements

He reminds me of about every other Judge Judy episode where the tenant didn't pay rent for 6 months and is suing the landlord because he wasn't properly evicted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 06:43 PM

22 posts, read 32,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpier015 View Post
I was just about to mention Stony Point being an entire DOG FRIENDLY MALL. You can even bring your dog into the stores.
I'll rephrase how my statement: Richmond is not very dog-convenient. Though the dog park at the Short Pump park is pretty awesome. It's just really hard to find a decent rental that allows dogs. And in the developments, I can't imagine having anything other than a small dog that loves people. Too congested for large, unfriendly dogs like ours.

Quote:
He also posted some random google maps view of a home that he said he lived in near short pump lol. In a different thread he said that he lived in Richmond from Jan 2017 to Nov 2017. So in 9 months he became an expert.

Is that more specific for you? Looks nice on the outside but that's where the niceties stopped. Yup, 9 months and still have another month to pay on the place before the lease ends. But we just couldn't wait to leave Richmond so we booked it out of there a month ago.

Quote:
He really doesn't know anything about Richmond and is probably some other poster with a new account, I wont say any names lol. He has said Richmond, of all places, doesn't have any history and that all the shoppers in Mechanicsville have to come to eastern Richmond for shopping. There is literally not one shopping district in the eastend of the city, not one, none. It's almost as bad as when Shakeesha said that the fan, near VCU, was rundown and scary.
Honestly, these trolls give themselves away by talking too much. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. If they kept it generic then we wouldn't be able to definitively say that they aren't familiar with the city...but here he is, mentioning shopping areas that don't exist. At least Shakeesha has learned to keep her posts to one sentence, Donald Trump-esque statements that lack any real detail that would give her away. "Richmond, bad city. Bad on crime, really rough crime. I wouldn't feel safe there." HAHA
The shopping plaza I was referring to is called White Oak Village. A nice place on its own but surrounded by ghettos. It sounds like there have been a fair amount of Richmond haters. I don't hate Richmond or the people. I found them to be very defensive and will actually attack you personally if you talk bad about Richmond. But one on one, I felt very accepted and comfortable with them. I actually made a good friend there, though he is from Nashville.

Quote:
So in 9 months, he bought and sold a home, rented a apartment that hated dogs, became a Richmond real estate expert, his own personal financial advisor, and a historian. That's a hell of a 9 months. All while saying: Truth be told, I didn't get out as much as I wanted to due to having children.
I didn't buy a home, I did shop for them, though. We almost made an offer on a house but at the same time, the buyer's of our home in Maine requested an extension to close. We decided to deny that request and move back. I rented that house and yes, the landlord initially would only allow small dogs. I'm a married working professional with small children. Honestly, who really gets out as much as they like when they're raising kids? We did family things and saw a lot of what Richmond has to "offer". We weren't impressed.

This isn't the first time that a Richmonder has offended me personally because I didn't like their city. I expect it at this point; it's a very defensive crowd. The place is really just OK and it would be great for a lot of people who don't do much outdoors. But I actually like being outside, fresh air, clean lakes and rivers, and doing other things beyond kayaking (which is the only summer sport I would consider doing there because of the heat).

Last edited by 1lostman; 12-07-2017 at 07:16 PM..

Old 12-07-2017, 06:50 PM

22 posts, read 32,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl1 View Post
He reminds me of about every other Judge Judy episode where the tenant didn't pay rent for 6 months and is suing the landlord because he wasn't properly evicted!
Ummm, no. The laws there require that if you're landlord isn't fixing safety issues, you have to put your rent money in escrow at the court house. We did not know this and I met Virginians who also got screwed by this law.

When I told my landlord that I wasn't going to pay rent until she addressed the safety concern, she immediately contacted her lawyer and secured a court date. The judge immediately granted the request to evict. So within 1 month of rent being due, my family could have been forcibly evicted. She decided to let us stay, but we left 2 months after that and I'm still paying rent. I know that if I stop paying, she's the kind of person who would file the arrears to my credit report. I don't need that. I wouldn't say that was the last straw. I mean, if we really liked Richmond, we could have just bought a house there. But that's life, you live and learn. Sometimes you have to try a place to realize that the grass is greener in your own yard.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:15 AM

998 posts, read 1,252,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lostman View Post
Ummm, no. The laws there require that if you're landlord isn't fixing safety issues, you have to put your rent money in escrow at the court house. We did not know this and I met Virginians who also got screwed by this law.

When I told my landlord that I wasn't going to pay rent until she addressed the safety concern, she immediately contacted her lawyer and secured a court date. The judge immediately granted the request to evict. So within 1 month of rent being due, my family could have been forcibly evicted. She decided to let us stay, but we left 2 months after that and I'm still paying rent. I know that if I stop paying, she's the kind of person who would file the arrears to my credit report. I don't need that. I wouldn't say that was the last straw. I mean, if we really liked Richmond, we could have just bought a house there. But that's life, you live and learn. Sometimes you have to try a place to realize that the grass is greener in your own yard.
Hmm, by reading your other posts I'm thinking that just maybe your approach with the landlord might have been less than desirable in her book. Word to the wise, read the fine print, it's there for a reason.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:56 PM

553 posts, read 618,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lostman View Post
The shopping plaza I was referring to is called White Oak Village. A nice place on its own but surrounded by ghettos.
It's also not in Richmond. While "East End" by itself may include portions of Henrico County in a loose colloquial sense, it is usually further specified between the City of Richmond's East End and Henrico County's East End. (White Oak Village is in the latter; its address is misleading.) If there's a news story originating from "Richmond's East End," they don't mean Highland Springs or Sandston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond