Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,410 times

Advertisements

i live in pittsburgh pa. we are moving to richmond. i need advise. We currently live in a 4000 sf brick home in a golf club community. we like the access to community center, and the fact that we have children in our neighborhood. i am 40, wife 40, daughter 12 son 10. daughter is big into equestrian riding, son plays baseball and football. i would like a similar neighborhood in richmond because i want my children to have friends. our school district is in the top of the state of pa, so great education is a must have. can someone sort of lay out where we should look for a home? the internet is great but can be daunting. we think we like the midlothian, chesterfield, swift creek areas(seem more transient, little more for your money) and making friends as adults is important to us. any help would be appreciated

bythw/ not worried at all about the southerner/northener thing, we won the war!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 12:08 PM

36 posts, read 118,820 times
I would suggest looking in the West End. Excellent schools. Wyndam is a planned 'golf coarse' community. Coming from NJ, it has a country club appeal to it. Very nice neighborhoods within. If not in Wyndam itself, the West End has many beautiful new and established neighborhoods to choose from. All with excellent schools. The shopping here is also wonderful.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:18 PM

1,799 posts, read 6,316,986 times
The Highlands and Rivers Bend in Chesterfield seem like places which could work as well

Old 03-10-2008, 08:47 AM

96 posts, read 385,818 times
yes, west end would be your best spot...but be prepared to pay significantly more for your house in RIC than you did in Pittsburg...

Old 03-14-2008, 12:12 PM

3 posts, read 9,565 times
I like the west end area as well. Nice planned golf course communities but definitely over priced. The Highlands (golf course community) in chesterfield is a great one along with Chesdin Landing (Homes here range from 350,000 to over 4+ million). Chesdin landing is a golf course community, right on a beautiful lake for boating and fishing, and many neighborhood activities. Hampton park in chesterfield is another great one. Both areas chesterfield and the west end, are great areas and seem to give you some of the options you want.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:23 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Have you looked in the Rosemont/Salisbury area of Midlothian? There are great schools, golf courses, country clubs, etc. It sounds like that area would suit you well.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:31 AM

418 posts, read 1,049,044 times
I would look for houses in Midlothian in the James River HS district. VA State Baseball champions and one of the best teams in the country. Equestrian center nearby. Neighborhoods would be Tarrington, Founders Bridge (Golf Course community), Riverdowns, Riverton or any of the slightly older neighborhoods in the Robious Road corridor. Housing 375,000 to over 1,000,000.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:10 AM

11 posts, read 26,998 times
My husband and I are in a similar situation. We are relocating to Richmond from a golf community in NC. Schools are are number one priority as well as recreation for the kids. I believe we have settled on the Mechanicsville are in the Atlee Hs district. The schools are excelent and there seems to be a lot to do in the area as well as easy access to the city and the James River for water sports. Not sure about a golf community but I did find a swim club that has all of the ammenities of a golf community. I am adding a link to a website that has been very helpful in choosing a school district. Good Luck!

Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, maps, race, income, photos, education, crime, weather, houses, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond