Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 07:07 PM

37 posts, read 170,682 times

Advertisements

I am interested in any info about Chesterfield.

1. are there any unsafe areas in Chesterfield?
2. good schools?
3. property taxes?
4. how is the commute to VCU?
5. how expensive are the tolls on the commute and can they be avoided?
6. anything else worth mentioning about Chesterfield?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 07:46 PM

9 posts, read 33,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlute23 View Post
I am interested in any info about Chesterfield.

2. good schools?
3. property taxes?

Thanks in advance for any input!
I wouldn't move to the areas closest to the Richmond City line...period.
Schools are the best part of chesterfield
Taxes are the worst part
Commute to VCU is bearable if you live in northern or eastern chesterfield.
Tolls will be less from eastern c'field but the commute from Midlothian is only 18 min (I drove it for 7 years). Tolls round trip from Midlo is $3.50.
They can be avoided but it's not worth the trouble due to the traffic.
You know you're in Richmond if you throw 50 cent out the window every time you step on the brake.
If you're gonna be attending VCU (single/living w/o children) then you should look at moving into the Fan district of the city. It can be very nice but the city schools do not compare to the chesterfield county school system.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:53 PM

7 posts, read 29,925 times
By most standards, Chesterfield is very safe. It's a large county so it's not easy to say exactly where to live, but I would stay away from neighborhoods near Hull St. as it gets close to the city limit. I live in Bon Air (near Midlothian and Robious) which is a great area (real estate area 64).

2. good schools?
Some of the best in Virginia

3. property taxes?
Not cheap

Depends on what time of day. If you take the expressway during rush hour, it's busy, but they are opening new lanes soon.

Richmond has alot of tolls They can be avoided but if you get a SmartTag, it's much easier and probably cheaper, if you consider the extra gas used avoiding the expressway.

It's growing rapidly and schools are almost to the point of being overcrowded. Not sure if this is an issue for you. Traffic on Hull St. is bad anytime of day or night, so try to avoid that area.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:27 PM

18 posts, read 87,589 times
Smile Chesterfield

We moved here in August from NJ. Taxes in Cfld are not that bad compared to what we dealt with up north. We live in the Highlands. It's a planned development with a pool, golf club, fitness, walking, etc. I work off of the Powhite close to Grove and Patterson and the drive is only about 25 mintues in the am. Again, much better than what I used to have. I feel very safe in our community although there are pockets of small crime everywhere. I hear the schools are good but my daughter is only in daycare right now. We looked off Hull St. and saw how busy that road was and didn't want any part of it. Plus the homes there (Hampton Park) seemed cookie cutter and awful close together. Take your time and look around there are a lot of options. Good luck!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:00 PM

37 posts, read 170,682 times
Thanks for all of the info. I appreciate it and look forward to more replies to get even more information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond