Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2006, 07:05 AM

33 posts, read 148,139 times

Advertisements

Now trying to get an input about that area?
Want to move ,dont know where.....that is quite stupid ,isnt it?
Anyway,I need to know good elementary school and all school after elementary.,Newer ,planned nice communities,could be thounhomes...nice areas, some close by parks ,some cultural life...low crime.....what about traffic?
Another thing....beeing single mom I dont feel like living in rural,country areas...I like city- like subburbs......would those places fall in my criterias????

please ,locals let me know...
thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2006, 01:43 PM

72 posts, read 297,324 times
Both Midlothian and Glen Allen are good choices for schools/family life. Midlo is south of the river- James and Glen Allen is north of the river. Richmond is pretty much divded by north and south of the river or the west end. Glen Allen area comparable home prices are higher than Midlothian.

They are both similar in terms of traffic/parks, etc that you mention but most of all they are fairly close to eachother. Glen Allen gets crowded on West Broad St. but Midlo gets crowded on Midlo. turnpike too... But if you are coming from a place like NY metro area or DC the traffic here is nothing in comparison.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:03 PM

Default what about WEst End?

can you tell me about that?
I have heard good things ,nice new,good schools.nice shoppings....
what about home /townhome prices? and traffic?
how is it with crime ?

Old 10-13-2006, 12:45 PM

http://richmondhousesforsale.com/Content/Content.aspx?ContentID=286439 (broken link)

This above link is to richmondhousesforsale.com
West end (henrico county) is very suburban, tons of shopping with a new upscale mall. Schools are considered very good. I don't know prices of townhomes but you can find out online. And as I mentioned Midlothian or Chesterfield county is also good- schools and shopping- and generally real estate is cheaper than the westend.
Crime I think is okay, average. But its always good to keep your doors locked! Traffic not bad except in busy after/before work times...

Last edited by MaryBB; 10-13-2006 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: left out something to clarify my statement

Old 10-15-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Thnak you MaryBB

I have another question.From which major street west to east and south to north would be the best to look in west end?It seems pretty big on the map.And what are the zip codes?

thank you

Old 10-16-2006, 02:23 PM

Broad St (250)is the main street thru that part of Richmond. Also interstate 64 runs parallel and you'd avoid a lot of lights. Sorry I can't tell you the zip codes in that area, but you could look up Glen Allen on zipcode site or cross reference when you go to a realtor site.
South to north is a little less direct- I-95 goes n - s. Also Route 301. Also part of Chippenham, Parham Rd which is Rt 150. I hear houses off Rt 288 are very desirable too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: