Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 12:54 PM

368 posts, read 1,393,713 times

Advertisements

Will I have to live in the urban area to access providers? Here in TX, my current set of providers travel to my kids, as opposed to me having to take time off to drive kids to their office. The therapists usually go to my kids in after school care and send an hour, a few times a week.

I have just realized this may have a big impact on where I can live. I'm looking at Mansfield, No. Attleborough, Freetown-Lakeville, and Taunton. But if the only providers I can access will be in Prov or Boston, I need to change my game plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 06:19 PM

13,097 posts, read 22,316,537 times
Not sure I can be of too much help here, but I'll give it a shot since no one has responded. If you're looking at Freetown-Lakeville and Taunton areas, I'd contact South Coast Hospitals Group to make an inquiry ( Southcoast Health System & Southcoast Hospitals Group ). I've heard of ABA therapists doing home sessions in that area, but can't offer much more info than that.

As far as No. Attleboro goes, it's close enough to Providence that if they do offer home services, they absolutely should do it in Attleboro. For more info on Providence area services, I'd contact lifespan of RI ( Lifespan )... maybe look into the Hasboro Childrens Hospital section of lifespan for more applicable info.

some of the smaller hospital groups in those areas are Morton in Taunton: Morton Hospital and Medical Center: Index.

and in attleboro, Sturdy Memorial has some info on OT: Sturdy Memorial Hospital – Other Services . you can call that department at 508-236-7380 for more info.

I'd suggest trying South Coast Hospital Group and Lifespan first as they're the predominant medical groups in the region, but the other two may help. Hopefully one of those contacts will shed some more light on your situation.

An aside, did you get any useful information from my mother? I'll be seeing her over Thanksgiving, but haven't spoken with her in a little while. I hope she was helpful.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:21 AM

Oh my goodness! She was so thoughtful. Her reply was VERY lengthy and informative. In fact, I owe her another reply that I tried to write yesterday, but I was in meetings for 7 out of 8 hours.

I actually think I may have narrowed my first choice location to Sharon, and will then examine Freetown/Lakeville as my second choice based on her information. Now I just have to figure out the before/after school component for the kids. Doing the 'single mom' thing with absolutely no local support network is tricky!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:38 AM

PS: Shame on you for not talking to you mom in so long! You should give her a call and tell her how much you miss her and love her!

Old 11-26-2008, 09:17 AM

13,097 posts, read 22,316,537 times
^Glad to hear that she helped a bit. I think Sharon is a great choice and I hope you can develop a support network before you get here. You're active and motivated and that's half the battle.

I am now home for Thanksgiving and showed my mother your post. She just nodded contently and said, "she's right!" so I guess I need to work a bit more on that. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: