Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 07:14 AM

12,836 posts, read 22,009,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The 2 lane westbound reroute on the eastbound span of the bridge is open. I just rolled through it at 55 mph.
Good! Glad you made it through without trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2023, 07:58 AM

24,558 posts, read 18,244,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Good! Glad you made it through without trouble.
I made the Tappan Zee in 2h45. Never done that before.

Old 01-04-2024, 09:43 PM

23,540 posts, read 18,687,760 times
Section of Interstate 95 south in Providence reopened after ’emergency repairs’

https://www.abc6.com/section-of-inte...gency-repairs/

Old 01-12-2024, 12:19 AM

17,706 posts, read 9,175,662 times
"The goal was to have the bridge repaired within three months, but RIDOT Director Peter Alviti told NBC 10's Gene Valicenti on WPRO radio that it might not be ready by then."

"Alviti said he doesn't have a definite date for the reopening of the westbound side of the Washington Bridge."

"A passenger ferry service that was started to help ease highway congestion will end Jan. 19 because of low ridership."

Source: Washington Bridge work expected to extend beyond three months

Old 01-12-2024, 03:10 PM

4,375 posts, read 3,190,229 times
In other news, water is wet.

Old 01-12-2024, 06:59 PM

682 posts, read 834,033 times
Amazed that citizens can contribute nothing to our Rhode Island infrastructure for 60 years then they ***** about bridge close to collapse. Also not extending 37 east through Barrington and Warren has helped to create this fiasco. I love love my adopted state...but their ignorance about consequences for not maintaining infrastructure show us all how stupid many Rhode Islanders were. The boomers took their pensions and let the infrastructure their parents build decay to what we have now. So happy Gina started the process of rebuilding. The bridge I drive over every day was ranked 7th worst bridge in the state. It has been replaced. Hwy 37 east. So no unexpectant diving into the Pautuxet River thank you Gina and RIDOT!

Old 01-12-2024, 07:08 PM

682 posts, read 834,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
"The goal was to have the bridge repaired within three months, but RIDOT Director Peter Alviti told NBC 10's Gene Valicenti on WPRO radio that it might not be ready by then."

"Alviti said he doesn't have a definite date for the reopening of the westbound side of the Washington Bridge."

"A passenger ferry service that was started to help ease highway congestion will end Jan. 19 because of low ridership."

Source: Washington Bridge work expected to extend beyond three months
Fixing something that wasn't maintained under Peter's term is not Peter's fault. It is the fault of the boomers in Rhode Island for taking and not maintaining all that had been handed down to them by previous generations. If there were some legal way to retroactively tax the pensions of retired Rhode Islanders I'm 100% behind it. They should NOT be allowed to live off the their failure to commit to our society. P.S. I'm a sadly a boomer here...who sadly knows boomers raped this state and this countries future...the first generation to do so in our whole existence..

Old 01-12-2024, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago3rd View Post
Amazed that citizens can contribute nothing to our Rhode Island infrastructure for 60 years then they ***** about bridge close to collapse. Also not extending 37 east through Barrington and Warren has helped to create this fiasco. I love love my adopted state...but their ignorance about consequences for not maintaining infrastructure show us all how stupid many Rhode Islanders were. The boomers took their pensions and let the infrastructure their parents build decay to what we have now. So happy Gina started the process of rebuilding. The bridge I drive over every day was ranked 7th worst bridge in the state. It has been replaced. Hwy 37 east. So no unexpectant diving into the Pautuxet River thank you Gina and RIDOT!
Quote:
Fixing something that wasn't maintained under Peter's term is not Peter's fault. It is the fault of the boomers in Rhode Island for taking and not maintaining all that had been handed down to them by previous generations. If there were some legal way to retroactively tax the pensions of retired Rhode Islanders I'm 100% behind it. They should NOT be allowed to live off the their failure to commit to our society. P.S. I'm a sadly a boomer here...who sadly knows boomers raped this state and this countries future...the first generation to do so in our whole existence..
This again?

Dude, you simply don't understand that this state is mafia run. It has nothing to do with boomers.

Old 01-15-2024, 02:09 AM

24,558 posts, read 18,244,243 times
Quote:
There was a proposal to put a bridge between TF Green and Barrington? I knew about the killed Hartford-Providence highway after Connecticut had already built the first I-384 part.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
There was a proposal to put a bridge between TF Green and Barrington? I knew about the killed Hartford-Providence highway after Connecticut had already built the first I-384 part.
"In 1966, Route 37 was included in a proposal to extend I-295 across Narragansett Bay to make a full beltway around the city of Providence. The plan, which was approved by both RIDPW and the Massachusetts Highway Department (MassHighway), involved extending Route 37 eastward from its existing terminus at US 1 across Narragansett bay via a new bridge that would connect Warwick with the town of Barrington.[5] The expressway would then head northward into the town of Warren, intersecting I-195 in the town of Swansea after crossing into Massachusetts. Eventually, the freeway would connect with I-295 at its existing northern terminus in Attleboro, Massachusetts.[5]

In 1969, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) designated the proposed expressway as I-895 instead of the originally proposed I-295. The expressway was planned to extend the existing Route 37 by 24.4 miles (39.3 km), and was scheduled to be completed by 1975.[6] In 1971, however, the expressway's original routing was canceled due to community opposition in the towns of Barrington and Warren and concerns that a new bridge across Upper Narragansett Bay would interfere with aviation traffic at T. F. Green Airport."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhode_Island_Route_37
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island