Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 08:22 AM

4,441 posts, read 3,224,829 times

Advertisements

Right, it's a discussion board, not an insult board. You very aggressively and disrespectfully attack anyone who doesn't agree with you. Calling people retarded and your other name calling doesn't qualify as discussion. But you go ahead from your lofty perch and convince yourself it's Rhode Islanders who are rude and uncivil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 08:29 AM

PS you are really hung up on population growth. We happen to be a very densely populated state, not one with lots of open space. Does that figure into your equation? Where do you see all these people moving to? Maybe the fact that we are 49th in growth relates to the fact that we are second in density. None of the older, smaller New England States lead the nation in population growth.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:30 AM

325 posts, read 312,500 times
[quote=sandsonik;48299854]Right, it's a discussion board, not an insult board. You very aggressively and disrespectfully attack anyone who doesn't agree with you. Calling people retarded and your other name calling doesn't qualify as discussion. But you go ahead from your lofty perch and convince yourself it's Rhode Islanders who are rude and

Old 05-27-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
PS you are really hung up on population growth. We happen to be a very densely populated state, not one with lots of open space. Does that figure into your equation? Where do you see all these people moving to? Maybe the fact that we are 49th in growth relates to the fact that we are second in density. None of the older, smaller New England States lead the nation in population growth.
Or it might relate to the fact that people perceive greater economic opportunity elsewhere. I'm also hung up on condition of infrastructure yet no other state ranks dead last.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetoid View Post
Or it might relate to the fact that people perceive greater economic opportunity elsewhere. I'm also hung up on condition of infrastructure yet no other state ranks dead last.
At least you recognize your hangups. I guess that's something.

But you can't expect everyone else to have the same ones.

Just curious, which state best fits your hangups? Assuming you can relinquish the economic advantages RI has afforded you, where would you call home?

Last edited by sandsonik; 05-27-2017 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Missing word

Old 05-27-2017, 09:06 AM

1,586 posts, read 2,153,749 times
Quote:
Just curious, which state best fits your hangups? Assuming you can relinquish the economic advantages RI has afforded you, where would you call home?
Spoiler alert: The answer to this question is usually Texas.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
At least you recognize your hangups. I guess that's something.

But you can't expect everyone else to have the same ones.

You're right though, I've got all kinds of crazy hangups. Condition of infrastructure, economic opportunity, levels of taxation, job creation, representative government, school achievement levels. I'm just funny that way. You? Wait don't tell me, let me guess. You're hung up on how to fit the 11th registration sticker on your plate. Only in Rhode Island!

Old 05-27-2017, 09:14 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,730,335 times
While I hesitate to wade into this conversation, I can say this: Much of RI is considered desirable by outsiders as evidenced by their recent & voracious purchase of RI real estate. While we may have low population growth overall, areas of the state are exploding. Many of these new residents may be part-time Rhode Islanders, but they want to live here nevertheless. Real estate sales activity and incredible value rises in coastal towns like Newport, Jamestown, Charlestown, Narragansett and parts of Providence is evidence. Much of the state is coveted by outsiders so raw numbers don't tell the entire story.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boulevardofdef View Post
Spoiler alert: The answer to this question is usually Texas.
Well good morning Full of Lard. That's what you've got, Texas? Even I don't understand that one. Have another cuppa coffee and report back. You don't still think that you're driving on smooth roads, do ya?

Old 05-27-2017, 09:30 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,584,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
While I hesitate to wade into this conversation, I can say this: Much of RI is considered desirable by outsiders as evidenced by their recent & voracious purchase of RI real estate. While we may have low population growth overall, areas of the state are exploding. Many of these new residents may be part-time Rhode Islanders, but they want to live here nevertheless. Real estate sales activity and incredible value rises in coastal towns like Newport, Jamestown, Charlestown, Narragansett and parts of Providence is evidence. Much of the state is coveted by outsiders so raw numbers don't tell the entire story.

Sorry IM, but 90% of Pawtucket is not a place many people (especially if they have children), would recommend. The OP doesn't have to live in Pawtucket, there are several areas in RI and just over the border in MA where he/she could commute easily to Pawtucket. Might as well recommend Central Falls ! There are people buying in Pawtucket, yes, but it is very low end, and riddled with crime. Sounds like the OP needs to visit some towns, boots on the ground is best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island