Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2007, 02:31 AM

9 posts, read 30,241 times

Advertisements

Can anyone suggest a nice apartment complex in West Warwick? I'm looking for either a studio or 1-bedroom, as this will only be a one year lease.

Someone at the airport suggested one that was really nice - but couldn't think of the name. She said it was located right next to/behind Papa Gino's (sp?)... anyone know of this one?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 07:32 AM

774 posts, read 2,380,655 times
At the corner of Rte 2 and Cowesett road (across from Pep Boys), there are apts which look decent. I have no idea on price.

If you stay on Cowesett road for about another half mile you'll see several apt complexes which might be worth checking out.

As far as Papa Gino's goes.... If the person you spoke with is thinking of Royal Crest (which is down the road from there).... that's upscale and expensive.
Nice place, but apts start at $1100-1200 for 1 bedroom and go up from there.

Hope that helps.
Mikey

Old 09-09-2007, 07:58 AM

That does help, kinda... I only had a day to search for apartments, so I was only able to tour about 3 communities. I didn't see anything I really liked, but unfortunately I now have to do this sight-unseen.

I'm using rent.com, but am not having much luck. So if there are ones in particular that you could name, that would be awesome.

FYI- Looking to spent less than $1,000 per month for a studio or 1-bedroom.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:36 PM

I could probably get some names for you, but I doubt they will have anything to look at on the internet.

You could see if Royal Crest apts. have a web site or if they have studio apts.

If you can afford $1000 a month, you should be okay for a studio or one bedroom apt.

You probably need to get back here if possible to look and see if these apts would be acceptable to you.

Mikey

Old 09-18-2007, 11:13 AM

280 posts, read 1,221,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2 View Post
I could probably get some names for you, but I doubt they will have anything to look at on the internet.

You could see if Royal Crest apts. have a web site or if they have studio apts.

If you can afford $1000 a month, you should be okay for a studio or one bedroom apt.

You probably need to get back here if possible to look and see if these apts would be acceptable to you.

Mikey
I would appreciate it if you could get back to me with some names, I will be moving in less then a year, but still have time to check them out. sue64

Old 09-18-2007, 04:43 PM

Sue... I settled on Briarwood Meadows. They're right off of 95 in West Warwick. Pricey (because they're luxury apartments), but they just built a new clubhouse and are nicely applianced (granite, stainless, etc.). Single bedroom $1,000-$1,100... just FYI.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:07 PM

Royal Mills are new (recently renovated mills) which just opened about a month ago. They may have studio apts as well as regular apts and condos.

Over on the corner of Providence St and Tanglewood Court is Tanglewood apts.

On the Corner of Rte 3 and Rte2 is Quaker Towers (that's the name I couldn't remember in a previous post).

Further down on Rte 3 (63 Cowesett rd) is the Elms.

I'd try those and see if you have any luck.
Mikey

Old 09-19-2007, 02:13 PM

105 posts, read 406,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS29 View Post
Can anyone suggest a nice apartment complex in West Warwick? I'm looking for either a studio or 1-bedroom, as this will only be a one year lease.

Someone at the airport suggested one that was really nice - but couldn't think of the name. She said it was located right next to/behind Papa Gino's (sp?)... anyone know of this one?

Thanks in advance!
The name of the complex is Shady Oaks. I lived there about nine years ago and it was great. I actually have known people who lived there after me and never known anyone to have any problems. The cost at was really reasonable. I think we were paying $800 for a two bedroom. They have a swimming pool and tons of parking, never an issue. Let me know if you need more info.Shady Oaks and Cowesett Towers are run by the same property managers. They have other properties in the area as well.

Last edited by xtinax01; 09-19-2007 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: forgot info

Old 09-19-2007, 02:18 PM

105 posts, read 406,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue64 View Post
I would appreciate it if you could get back to me with some names, I will be moving in less then a year, but still have time to check them out. sue64
As I mentioned to the original poster. Shady Oaks is up the street from the Papa Gino's. I lived there a while back and it was great. We didn't have any problems with noise, bugs or parking. They have an out door pool and tennis courts and the office is open almost all of the time. Shady Oaks and Cowesett Towers are run by the same managers and they have others in the area so they would be able to help you. Please let me know if you need more info. I know that these are not accessable on the internet so I can do what I can to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island