Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 03:00 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,399,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
I am not sure about cotton T shirts. I have a different sort of resolution on using my time better in 2022.

Over the years I have participated on these forums more than I probably should have. I have learned quite a bit. I thought I was making some positive contributions. It seems the internet is full of misinformation and unfounded speculation. A pile of reputation numbers had me convinced I was helping dispel some of them. That was probably a mistake since there is no dislike or negative response available. Complaints from a couple of participants and agreement from a moderator have helped convince me participants often dislike hearing comments they do not agree with. Overall I realize my comments are a lot less liked and less helpful than I thought.

I suspect I will still visit here, but for the next year I plan on spending less time here voicing my often unwelcome opinions. Instead I plan to cut back on the time I spend on internet browsing and use the time I do spend on sites where I learn quite a bit about photography, archery and my other interests.

Using time wisely seems a good resolution for this coming year.
Eh...don't let a few weeks of suspension bring you down, but by all means do things you feel good about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2021, 03:07 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,797,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
waiting around for an answer or two, scroll, scroll, scroll.....we tend to be hooked.
Ok, let's get this straight, you caused it by saying the above.....

https://youtube.com/shorts/XBJYANhBx94?feature=share

(He's become quite popular, very funny)

Old 12-31-2021, 03:12 PM

2,484 posts, read 1,559,309 times
Default Happy New Year!

Happy New Year all!

Second tough year in a row, but plenty for which to be grateful.

Resolution? Eat better, sleep better, and be more present rather than browse so much on-line.

Old 12-31-2021, 03:46 PM

7,899 posts, read 7,120,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Eh...don't let a few weeks of suspension bring you down, but by all means do things you feel good about.
Not weeks of suspension, an infraction. Now I know Webster is wrong and incompetent does not mean unable to do something. It is important to use words carefully and avoid any word that might be misunderstood.

Old 12-31-2021, 04:19 PM

1,465 posts, read 1,086,068 times
Do my darnedest to stay in the game!

Old 01-01-2022, 08:35 AM

7,195 posts, read 9,339,263 times
Lose 50 pounds

Make $1M day trading...

Heck, might as well set my sights high.

Old 01-01-2022, 02:04 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,029,480 times
A modification on the music each morning......listening to a classical instrumental piece as I watch the dawn approach. Will probably take me time to get it set up, it may just be bagpipes for now but......

Old 01-01-2022, 05:13 PM

Resolutions are, in part, seeing what we have done wrong and correcting them, so-o,

"The passing of the days must have a very special meaning at your home.". This is what a friend said to me about 30 years ago when he found out I had more calendars than weeks in the year.

Well even though the calendar craze died in me a number of years ago, this year, there are a lot of them. Enough for two to each room, if not more.

So-o, appreciate each day by studying, not just glancing, each calendar, not to let a day pass without appreciating what it means and certainly, not to let a day get consumed in idle pursuits........hmmm, I might want to hang one here by the Internet computer to keep that in mind.

While I thought I did this with my diary, given the evidence that entrophy is at work, I think more attention is needed in this issue........occupational risks of such to be addressed by other approaches.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:16 PM

260 posts, read 154,677 times
Smile One day at a time!

I started working on making changes about a week before the new year so I don't know if you would call it resolutions or not. So far I am making some progress. Problem with resolutions is more often than not old habits creep in and well intentions go out the door . Yet, as of a week ago I started exercising again. I also started caring more about my the way I look (I have started styling my hair and dressing better). I ordered contacts and haven't had those in over ten years. They just came in yesterday and surprisingly fit very easily so it wasn't hard getting use to them again. Just trying to recapture my youth of feeling free and happy. Also want to try to have a positive attitude about most everything--now that one is a hard one but I am going to try to not let things get to me as life is too short and I need to appreciate every second. Happy New Year everyone!

Old 01-01-2022, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy retiree 16 View Post
I started working on making changes about a week before the new year so I don't know if you would call it resolutions or not. So far I am making some progress. Problem with resolutions is more often than not old habits creep in and well intentions go out the door . Yet, as of a week ago I started exercising again. I also started caring more about my the way I look (I have started styling my hair and dressing better). I ordered contacts and haven't had those in over ten years. They just came in yesterday and surprisingly fit very easily so it wasn't hard getting use to them again. Just trying to recapture my youth of feeling free and happy. Also want to try to have a positive attitude about most everything--now that one is a hard one but I am going to try to not let things get to me as life is too short and I need to appreciate every second. Happy New Year everyone!
Well, you know what they say.....if you fall off the horse, get back on.

I have a similar thing here in all the stuff that needs to be done in the house and only managing to get a glimmer of what needs to be done in this week I've had off. So-o.........

...........(to me) don't tear yourself up about your failures but continue moving forward on the path you've started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement