Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 04:06 PM

5,953 posts, read 5,156,194 times

Advertisements

Happy Birthday. Any of that chocolate cake left??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 04:10 PM

7,527 posts, read 6,364,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
That's right. I just had my seventy-fourth birthday which puts me into my mid seventies. I'm finally able to call a callow seventy year old a kid. I feel the same and look the same although my new driver's license picture is one that resembles that of a convict. In a pinch, I can renew my next license by mail as long as I can send a vision test with the application. I can skip going in on alternate renewals, but it would be better to go in next time because, assuming I'm still alive, I'll be the worse for wear at 82. I must renew the license every four years.

I followed my usual practice of buying a nifty book for my birthday as well as a few other treats. I had what I wanted to eat—not what someone else would have served. I had deviled eggs for breakfast, almost an entire big jar of pickled herring for lunch, and German Chocolate Cake for an evening snack.

I wonder if I should start speaking about past years in this manner: "Yep, I remember it well. It was back in 19+61." Does anyone here do that?

Do you feel better with each additional year? Tell us all about it.
You are still a punk kid. I turned 80 ln July.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:17 PM

8,487 posts, read 6,609,432 times
I don't think your mid 70's until 75. Be careful what you eat, I got a stent last May.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:31 PM

14,228 posts, read 30,220,672 times
Happy Birthday!

Old 09-16-2017, 04:44 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,348,423 times
Default Congratulations, old man!

Quote:
That's right. I just had my seventy-fourth birthday which puts me into my mid seventies. I'm finally able to call a callow seventy year old a kid. ...
Congratulations, old man!
Old age does not begin until 74, researchers suggest in a new report which looks at the real impact of an ageing population

Old 09-16-2017, 04:59 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,886,202 times
Happy Birthday !

More blessings to count, closer to my Heavenly Home, many kin, family I long to see. Feeling better ? Know I still am on the life's journey, happy each of you are with me !

My dear friend Miss Addie who grew up in N.C. requested a visit that I so enjoy, she's a young 92. With her in mind, finished lunch of the okra I fried, I found in the frozen food section of Wally World as well a leftover mixture of collards, field peas and pork, from ribs I had enjoyed previously.

As you can read, it seems when I turned 70, I started telling "stories". My younger friend, says Not to tell stories as folks do not want to hear 'em though my 13 granddaughter says she enjoys them !

Old 09-16-2017, 05:13 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,375,067 times
Yes Happy,

Happy Birthday and many 'Happy' returns!

Old 09-17-2017, 05:10 AM

3,619 posts, read 2,758,072 times
Happy Birthday young man, wish I was that age again.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:13 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,201,158 times
Happy birthday! Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate.

Yeah, now you can preface everything you say with "Back in the old days....."

Old 09-17-2017, 08:32 AM

4,505 posts, read 8,933,275 times
Quote:
That's right. I just had my seventy-fourth birthday which puts me into my mid seventies. I'm finally able to call a callow seventy year old a kid. I feel the same and look the same although my new driver's license picture is one that resembles that of a convict. In a pinch, I can renew my next license by mail as long as I can send a vision test with the application. I can skip going in on alternate renewals, but it would be better to go in next time because, assuming I'm still alive, I'll be the worse for wear at 82. I must renew the license every four years.

I followed my usual practice of buying a nifty book for my birthday as well as a few other treats. I had what I wanted to eat—not what someone else would have served. I had deviled eggs for breakfast, almost an entire big jar of pickled herring for lunch, and German Chocolate Cake for an evening snack.

I wonder if I should start speaking about past years in this manner: "Yep, I remember it well. It was back in 19+61." Does anyone here do that?

Do you feel better with each additional year? Tell us all about it.
Hey POPS you have three years on me! I just renewed my driver's license last week when I turned 71. If not for cataract surgery during the summer I could not have passed the vision test. For the first time since I was four years old I don't need glasses, except for reading. I am two blocks from a very popular bike trail. On nice warm days I can sit on my driveway with a hot cup of coffee and a slice of GERMAN CHOCOLATE cake and watch young ladies on the trail without binoculars. Life is good. Oh I forgot. Next to my Drivers license my library card is my most valuable possession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement