Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Retired Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:15 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,052,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
OMG!! They screwed you and your engine and they kept on screwing. Sorry to hear this.
What they don't know is my friends in Orlando (whom I visit often) have bought 3 Cadillacs from they; they love Caddys. They are as interested in this outcome and feel embarassed that they recommended the dealership to me! When I dropped off my Saab initially we stopped and looked at a CTS-V that Massey Cadillac had on their lot. Nice car. I think they will now be buying from the dealer near their second home in Melbourne, FL.

I think what really got me going was I was fiscally conservative with THEIR MONEY. I turned down the offer of hotel rooms and bunked in with my friends (despite my cat allergies) and when I got back I did not expect them to provide me with a rental car. Big mistake. I should have racked up their bill (rental car, hotel and meals for at least 15 days would have added up). I should have also expected them to ship the car to me in New Hampshire.

Also, the service rep did not communicate clearly. He told me I would be charged for anything whiclh I assumed was I would not receive a bill so I felt compelled to buy the engine warranty. When I told him yes to the warranty he told me he had ALREADY told the place where I got the engine that I would buy their warranty -- so he was spending my money even without conferring with me!

Lesson learned: a car dealer is not your friends, use the internet to pass the word to tell people which dealers to avoid, and if you know friends and family who have bought cars from the dealer, make them promise not to support that business ever again. In the long run, this will cost them more, especially with this tight economy

They probably think I'm a punk after money, which is far from the case.. its the principal.

Last edited by minibrings; 05-20-2009 at 09:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 09:39 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,735,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I pciked up car, they gave me a bill for 2,000 (600 for extended warranty) the rest to fix a leak in coolant and the 60k service. And had the nerve to charge me labor for those things.

I disputed charge with Amex. I just spoke to President of dealership who argued with me. He mentioned its not like they will see me again. And stalemate.

ps I bought the website NOTmasseycadillac.com
(their website is masseycadillac.com -- they sell Caddies and Saabs in Orlando, FL)
UN-STINKING-BELIEVABLE.

THIS is what the "professionals" do to you!

Idiots!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:48 AM

204 posts, read 814,313 times
This is crazy. Do update this thread. I am sure AMEX will be on your side on the dispute, but they were still in the wrong.

I would write a letter (certified mail) to office of the President of SAAB USA/North America - they would certainly respond with either an apology or monetary benefits.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spac3d View Post
This is crazy. Do update this thread. I am sure AMEX will be on your side on the dispute, but they were still in the wrong.

I would write a letter (certified mail) to office of the President of SAAB USA/North America - they would certainly respond with either an apology or monetary benefits.
Thanks. I will.

Just tell everyone you know in Orlando to avoid this place!

Old 05-21-2009, 06:42 PM

17,234 posts, read 57,227,596 times
I would definitely ditch the extended warrenty. I mean, do you need these numbskulls to work on it again?

Old 05-22-2009, 04:13 PM

OMG OMG OMG

The owner called me and he was so different. Friendly, calling me buddy, and telling they were able to cancel the warranty AND they would refund me for labor (I still pay for parts). I think this is more than fair as I lost a week of wages due to them. I called AMEX and told them to pay bill and they said they would reimburse me (once I closed the AMEX case) for roughly 1,380...

Not sure if sending him the link to your comments helped or not but again, THANK YOU EVERYONE for advise that has been overwhelmingly helpful to me in my battle.. I am much obliged.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:16 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,915,228 times
Quote:
OMG OMG OMG

The owner called me and he was so different. Friendly, calling me buddy, and telling they were able to cancel the warranty AND they would refund me for labor (I still pay for parts). I think this is more than fair as I lost a week of wages due to them. I called AMEX and told them to pay bill and they said they would reimburse me (once I closed the AMEX case) for roughly 1,380...

Not sure if sending him the link to your comments helped or not but again, THANK YOU EVERYONE for advise that has been overwhelmingly helpful to me in my battle.. I am much obliged.
Good for you, but make sure you have it n writing before canceling the AMEX case

Old 05-22-2009, 05:01 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,936,711 times
Quote:
OMG OMG OMG

That is so great to hear. Hope your new job is going good!

Old 05-22-2009, 05:04 PM

17,234 posts, read 57,227,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Good for you, but make sure you have it n writing before canceling the AMEX case
Repeating Donn's excellent advice, emphasis is mine...

Old 05-22-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Actually AMEX told me they are writing it on the case notes so just in case the refund is not provided, they can pursue it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Retired Brands