Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,404,836 times

Advertisements

See him in court. Do not speak to him, only communicate through certified letters from now on. Hopefully you will get an Order and get him out of there. Next time, screen more carefully and do not accept partial payments, don't miss serving a 5 Day if they're late, and stay out of this situation in the future. Habitually late paying tenants rarely change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 11:45 AM

327 posts, read 1,119,963 times
I believe you got enough advise to not accept any payment (partial or full). It's in your best interest to continue the court date and even if he pays in full with the court the court still needs to put in stipulation that he/she has to continue paying rent for the next 15 days or up to 3months. If he/she misses one payment you go directly to court clerks to have an execution ordered to get him/her out ASAP. This is why you still go to court to have them on record that they are stipulated to continue to pay rent and will eventually have to move out given the date the court provides.

Else you will need to start the eviction all over again and pay all the fees and time lost again. In my experience once they fall behind they never quite catch up. They slip up eventually and your on the hook again.

BTW, this is the state of Connecticut. It may vary for you.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
Local rental law and you contrct spells out when you can evict.Once you can ;you can.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,361 times
My landlord had my rent for a day and a half then decided she wasnt excepting it.and filed for an eviction if I have all my rent money can I still stay and would I be reliable for court fees

Old 07-27-2014, 09:09 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,742,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Kent View Post
My landlord had my rent for a day and a half then decided she wasnt excepting it.and filed for an eviction if I have all my rent money can I still stay and would I be reliable for court fees
Your landlord filed to evict you for a reason and presumably the reason is either that you don't pay your rent on time or you've broken the terms of your rental agreement in some other way. Your landlord is under no obligation to accept your rent. Yes, if a judgment is made against you, you will be required to pay court costs.

Best you start moving out now to avoid any further bad marks on your record.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,341 times
Angry Eviction

My sister tried to evict me, she lost. She is trying to make me pay for the eviction. Is this correct? Also, does the money come out of everyone's share after the house is sold?

Old 06-20-2016, 12:48 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,470,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruss1977 View Post
My sister tried to evict me, she lost. She is trying to make me pay for the eviction. Is this correct? Also, does the money come out of everyone's share after the house is sold?
is what correct??? What you wrote here?
Your post is to vague on so many levels. Revise it with specific data/ time frame and any lease remarks.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 577 times
I just got an Eviction notice but I paid them what do I do... Can I still get evict
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting