Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:27 AM

40 posts, read 84,225 times

Advertisements

I have heard of people renting homes to veterans on payment vouchers and wanted to see if anyone on thus forum has any experience with it? I have some designed and built rooming homes and was looking to find some type of programs where the government may pay a portion or all the rent while i provide inexpensive housing and if needed possibly provide meals as well to those in need?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 01:02 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
From what I know, as a former VA employee, that program places mentally ill but stable vets with families. The family monitors the vet's health, makes sure they take their meds, has them join in family activites, etc. It is designed to provide a sense of family to vets who badly need it.

OTOH, the VA does subsidize handicapped appartments for vets. You could look into that if your places are accessible.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:11 PM

40 posts, read 84,225 times
Thank you.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 8,150 times
I will love to renty apartment to veterans

Old 02-17-2016, 03:53 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Agbor View Post
I will love to renty apartment to veterans
So rent them your apartment; nothing stopping you.

If you are looking for the rent to be paid by the government, that's just the Section 8 programs where a certain number of vouchers are reserved for homeless veterans. Otherwise, it operates the same with all the same pitfalls.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:23 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learning11 View Post
I have heard of people renting homes to veterans on payment vouchers and wanted to see if anyone on thus forum has any experience with it? I have some designed and built rooming homes and was looking to find some type of programs where the government may pay a portion or all the rent while i provide inexpensive housing and if needed possibly provide meals as well to those in need?
I would suggest that you call your local/regional VA....and talk to their Social Worker or whomever does their discharge planning for Vets there.
I'm sure they would welcome your idea and could advise you how to proceed. Thank you for caring.

Here is the main VA link. You'll be able to find your local VA contact info in the search.
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Old 11-14-2016, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 7,321 times
Hello..I have a 4 bedroom 2.5 bathroom house in Jonesboro GA.. fully furnished looking for assistance on renting the rooms out to veterans... I'm in Clayton county which doesn't accept HUD-vash program... I would like to rent each room separately...if anyone can help me with this please Moderator cut: see below... Eddie... Thanks

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-15-2016 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: Ads are restricted to classified forum. Posters may DM or provide general info in open forum.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:41 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
I think there is some sort of rent voucher program for veterans in Oregon, if you happen to be located in Oregon. It is only for homeless veterans which means there is a good chance they have mental health or addiction issues.

Not my idea of fun to have a boarding house full of mentally unstable homeless. It's not the game for just anyone.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 6,432 times
Default renting rooms out to vets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie 1100 View Post
Hello..I have a 4 bedroom 2.5 bathroom house in Jonesboro GA.. fully furnished looking for assistance on renting the rooms out to veterans... I'm in Clayton county which doesn't accept HUD-vash program... I would like to rent each room separately...if anyone can help me with this please see below... Eddie... Thanks

Eddie, have you had any success in trying to rent your rooms out to veterans? I have an interest in doing the same thing in Baldwin county. Any information you can provide would be very helpful. Thank you.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-16-2017 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: Removed formatting prompts.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:32 AM

6,814 posts, read 11,531,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clralph View Post
Eddie, have you had any success in trying to rent your rooms out to veterans? I have an interest in doing the same thing in Baldwin county. Any information you can provide would be very helpful. Thank you.
Eddie hasn't been around here since January 2017 per his profile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting