Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 09:06 PM

5 posts, read 11,446 times

Advertisements

I have to say, I've seen it all. I drove taxi in Reno once. Just before I started I was arrested for a failure to appear that I had absolutely no idea of why. Then when I was told I just couldn't believe what a total sham the entire system really is.

My wife was pregnant with a breach baby that threatened my wife's life in the worst way. Then all of sudden my wife was in major distress and the hospital we called couldn't send an ambulance considering that we had to drive from Truckee because the hospital there had no doctors or means to help her. So I put my wife in the car and drove to Reno to the hospital that treated her. Unfortunately, I left the tags for the license plate on the table in an envelope. I was pulled over and given a citation because I proved I had insurance and my registration was paid. The officer told me that he was letting me go with a "Fix It" ticket. I did exactly as I was told and as it said on the back of the ticket and took it to the Department of Motor Vehicles in Truckee who stamped it and stated that the registration was paid and they sent it by mail to the Reno courts who were supposed to simply drop the case.

I was arrested sixteen years later for failure to appear in court for the same fix it ticket. I never once received notice to appear in court once ever. I was given no explanation at all as to why they arrested me until I got out of jail. I went to court as ordered the following week and that is when I went through something I thought we as US citizens are guaranteed by the constitution not to go through considering this is not a third world country.

The judge told everyone that when he called their name to stand up and state simply guilty or not guilty. My name was called and the judge began to state things and interrupted me and refused to let me talk or explain anything. He simply gave a judgment against me as being guilty without allowing me to plead at all and the next thing I know I was found guilty. I was given time served and fined a couple of hundred dollars or whatever it was. I even asked for a copy of what the court reporter reported on my case and was refused to be allowed a copy of the transcript and was told not to "push my luck" if I didn't want to end up in jail again. As soon as I earned enough money to get the hell out of that hell whole I left never to return again. I won't even drive through Nevada even if I have to go five hundred miles out of the way I wouldn't touch foot on that state for nothing or all the gold Nevada has buried. I wouldn't trust that system in any way whatsoever for anything. If they don't even allow people to plead their case and simply find people guilty without a fair hearing then that state to me is rouge state and I'm concerned as to how many people are innocent and railroaded as I was. No matter how much I could prove this I know that even the biggest judge or Politian would refuse to allow me to prove this all these years later. Every time I drove to Denver or anywhere else I drove all the way around the state to avoid being railroaded again.

There are just too many really beautiful places in California that allows gambling now without the high altitudes and near the Bay Area like Lake County CA or elsewhere with more fun to have outdoors or indoors. The only thing that state has to offer that other states don't now is a legal hooker or prostitute without worry of being married or a big wig is all kept secret and even politicians can hire a hooker and they will hide it at all costs but when someone gets a fix it ticket they are thrown in jail and not even given a chance to plead not guilty or guilty or even no contest. I say this because I know for a fact what happened to me and if the court reporters report shows different then to me they lied and falsified court documents besides and even if it did, that state would never think about changing it to not guilty or throw it out without me paying a huge amount of money to do so. I figure if I just stay away and tell all my friends or anyone else who will listen the truth about that state, then I may have saved them from the same blatant and wanton and willful complete disregard for the US Constitution and people's rights under Federal law.
Nevada, a beautiful state but not the most beautiful and if you don't want to get railroaded go around it and not through it and whatever you do, if you do have to drive through, don't stop anywhere along the way! I guess they have to find alternate ways to get money from people and legalities are only what they want them to be regardless of the law or people's rights.

Reno, what a spooky place! Never ever again!

Phil A
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area