Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 12:58 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,831,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Wow, what about all the billions and billions of good souls who never heard of Jesus, past, present and future? Not my kind of god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
If you read Romans 1:19-20 you will see that God provided a way for everyone to know Him, no excuses for anyone.
Yes it says that everyone will know God it doesn't say anything about Jesus. I know Jesus and God are one...but according to Christian belief you have to know and accept Jesus to be saved. So it still doesn't explain about the ones who have never heard or learned of Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 01:52 PM

23,030 posts, read 34,455,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Yes it says that everyone will know God it doesn't say anything about Jesus. I know Jesus and God are one...but according to Christian belief you have to know and accept Jesus to be saved. So it still doesn't explain about the ones who have never heard or learned of Jesus.
Romans 1:20 "From the time the world was created people have seen the earth and sky and all that God has made. They can clearly see His invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse what-soever for not knowing God".

Sounds pretty clear to me. God has revealed what He is, who He is in His creation. Every person either accepts or rejects God.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:54 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,630,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I went back and read this passage today, just to make sure, (it's been awhile since I read it, and I had to refresh my memory of what exactly it said), and you are right, it doesn't say a word about Jesus. Going by this verse, it would seem that the criteria is that one acknowledge God, (i.e. the Creator), and has no excuse not to do so, as we look at the wonders of creation itself. If this passage did, indeed, mean to include Jesus in this "must believe/no excuse", thought process, should it not have said so? Certainly gives food for thought, in my opinion... (Of course, I'm not a Biblical scholar, and I'm sure we will quickly have others point out the errors of our ways, for giving a possible different interpretation, no?).

Old 06-17-2007, 02:00 PM

954 posts, read 815,598 times
Quote:
Romans 1:20 "From the time the world was created people have seen the earth and sky and all that God has made. They can clearly see His invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse what-soever for not knowing God".

Sounds pretty clear to me. God has revealed what He is, who He is in His creation. Every person either accepts or rejects God.
How can you accept or reject something that you don't know about. No doubt there are extremely isolated Amazonian tribes who look at the sky and think "god made it" but they are refering to their god not yours. They have never heard of your god so how can they equate what they see with your god?

Old 06-17-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
How can you accept or reject something that you don't know about. No doubt there are extremely isolated Amazonian tribes who look at the sky and think "god made it" but they are refering to their god not yours. They have never heard of your god so how can they equate what they see with your god?
I can't explain it, but I believe what I just quoted from the Bible which clearly says no one will have an excuse. I believe that God is powerful enough to make Himself known to everyone.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:15 PM

954 posts, read 815,598 times
Quote:
I can't explain it, but I believe what I just quoted from the Bible which clearly says no one will have an excuse. I believe that God is powerful enough to make Himself known to everyone.
Are you seriously saying that you believe that every human on this planet has heard about your god??

Old 06-17-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Are you seriously saying that you believe that every human on this planet has heard about your god??
I am saying I believe God's Word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality