Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,574,603 times

Advertisements

This is awkward for the creationist crowd. To me the overwhelming evidence, and growing supports evolution to a certainty.
Signs of Neanderthals Mating With Humans - NYTimes.com

Last edited by Asheville Native; 05-13-2010 at 07:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 08:17 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,445,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
This is awkward for the creationist crowd. To me the overwhelming evidence, and growing supports evolution to a certainty.
Signs of Neanderthals Mating With Humans - NYTimes.com
What? That confirms creation. Neaderthals were just humans. They are found burried along side what we call modern humans (only family bury together). They used tools, had rituals, and now this report is saying that their genetic traits are still found in modern humans!!!

All humans including those people who lived and died in the Neanderthal valley in Germany are all descendants of Adam and Eve. And this report supports that.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:31 AM

494 posts, read 891,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
What? That confirms creation. Neaderthals were just humans. They are found burried along side what we call modern humans (only family bury together). They used tools, had rituals, and now this report is saying that their genetic traits are still found in modern humans!!!

All humans including those people who lived and died in the Neanderthal valley in Germany are all descendants of Adam and Eve. And this report supports that.
Show us the science that proves creation.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:33 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,858,215 times
I think it's very interesting we've now found such evidence. When I went through college the signs seem to point the other direction; that Neanderthal was an evolutionary dead end.

Which of course is exactly why science is superior to theology when trying to answer the big questions. Scientific explanations are always being improved and sometimes even completely reversed as new evidence is found and added to the knowledge base.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:42 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,967,061 times
Lol this is like the billionth evolution thread on here.

Fact of the matter goes back to the Fundamentals of why people believe what they do. People believing in the Adam and Eve story will go on believing that because they think there's no way we could've evolved from another species and since science is always discredited no matter what archaeologists may dig up one day, they will always look the other way and blindly follow their faith.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
Show us the science that proves creation.
Science can prove nothing about the past! It cannot comment on the past, on God, on the spirit world, on morals. Science is limited and finite. That's why they cannot and never will prove that story called evolution (which is nothing more than a lie! An unsupported hypothesis! Only Conjecture!)!

Better, take my witness that there is a God. Believe me, because I bear witness to the truth. Believe the prophets in the bible, their witness to the goodness of God. Believe the Apostles who learned at the feet of Jesus, God incarnate.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Lol this is like the billionth evolution thread on here.

Fact of the matter goes back to the Fundamentals of why people believe what they do. People believing in the Adam and Eve story will go on believing that because they think there's no way we could've evolved from another species and since science is always discredited no matter what archaeologists may dig up one day, they will always look the other way and blindly follow their faith.
And, the evolutionists, regardless of the evidence blindly follow their faith!

Old 05-14-2010, 10:50 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,689,458 times
Quote:
Because there is no evidence of creation, every bit of evidence points to evolution. Something you are to scared to admit.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:56 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,967,061 times
Quote:
Not really...once I was given and shown the material facts then thats my reasoning for evolution.

The argument for the other side is based on a religious belief ... aka FAIL

Old 05-14-2010, 06:03 PM

33,581 posts, read 37,215,319 times
Quote:
Science can prove nothing about the past! It cannot comment on the past, on God, on the spirit world, on morals. Science is limited and finite. That's why they cannot and never will prove that story called evolution (which is nothing more than a lie! An unsupported hypothesis! Only Conjecture!)!

Better, take my witness that there is a God. Believe me, because I bear witness to the truth. Believe the prophets in the bible, their witness to the goodness of God. Believe the Apostles who learned at the feet of Jesus, God incarnate.
Evolution is fact, genesis is a cute story, but it is not fact.

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.".....Aldous Huxley

You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe.... Carl Sagan

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.....Benjamin Franklin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality