Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:42 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,907 times

Advertisements

Have you missed this fact of Mormon doctrine?
Momon doctrine fact: the Mormon God is an exalted man who has sexual union perpetaully with his Mormon exalted wife and or wives [both statements are in Mormon doctrine] and begets offspring in his Mormon residence.

This is how the Mormon god gets offspring to send to earth, who come into bodies on earth formed by sexual union, again, between two of the Mormon god's offspring who got to earth bodies already, by the same [beginning in a fuzzy past -they don't like to talk about it, as they have not made up a credible story, yet].

There are over six billion human beings on earth today, and Mormon doctrine claims that each one born is first begotten by sexual union between their exalted man-god and his exalted human being- goddess wife.

There are over six and a half billion human beings on earth today , and each one of them is claimed by Mormon doctrine to be a heavenly "spirit" child, sexually begotten of their Mormon god [who is a flesh and blood man[, and his Mormon goddess wife [wives], in his Mormon heaven.
How they can have "spirit children" who are themselves "human beings" of flesh and blood, "exalted to godhood", is not answered by Mormons; but just think about what the Mormon doctrine claims about their "heavenly father" and their "heavenly mother" [who herself/selves is/are never mentioned/named, in Mormonism, BTW, and who only seems to exist to be a baby factory in Mormon heaven].

There have been countless billions of human beings born on earth in the last six thousand years, and each and every one of them is claimed by the Mormon founders to have been, first, begotten by sexual union between their exalted man-god and his man-goddess wife [or wives] in the Mormon heaven.

The "heavenly father" of Mormonism has no time in his Mormon heaven for his "spirit offspring", since he must keep the population of earth "growing" by his sexual begetting of them first, in his heaven.

How many children must be born in Mormon heaven pr day, so as to keep the population of earth growing by sending his "spirit" offspring to bodies formed for them in wombs on earth? -That means: what does the Mormon god do all day in his Mormon heaven, and when can he spend time with his "heavenly family" in any relationship of getting to "know" them, at all? -To the brainwashed Mormons, this is a big mystery that one should not ask questions about!

Is this credible? -NO!

Is this biblical? -NO!
Is this teaching of Mormonism about their god blasphemy against the God/YHWH, of the Bible, as He is revealed to be? -YES!

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 02-11-2010 at 10:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 11:04 AM

823 posts, read 1,402,398 times
I have read a little bit about the Mormon religion.

It would appear by your post that the Mormon God is living a pretty good life up in heaven . I am sure though that they must believe that reproduction of spirit offspring would not happen in the same manner as we would reproduce here on earth. Think about this. How many seeds does an earthly man have in his body on any given day? Millions. I am sure the Mormon's believe that their Heavenly Father has at least that and so I am guessing that reproduction would not consume too much of his time.
Again, I have very little knowledge about Mormon's so this is just my thoughts.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:11 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,331,418 times
I have a friend that I love. She is a devout Mormon and she believes it is her assignment to covert me to her religion. I have told her over the years I cannot and there are times when she gets discouraged and we don't talk for long periods of time. Finally I asked if I could be a mormon and not believe the teachings... because I love the community work. Another time I told her Jesus was not mormon, and yet another time I told her I just don't believe Smith's testimony... However, she insists "Heavenly Father" is leading me to her church. We talked and I asked her what if she's wrong. I told her how much I love her as a person, and I wanted her to know the truth. She was totally disarmed. In all the years of her attempts to convert me she never once said anything about love. Just four little letters with profound implications. I think love sent a powerful message to her one that she will think of for a long time.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:27 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post

It would appear by your post that the Mormon God is living a pretty good life up in heaven . I am sure though that they must believe that reproduction of spirit offspring would not happen in the same manner as we would reproduce here on earth.
Obviously you're right about this. We absolutely do believe that our Father in Heaven is the Father of our spirits and that we are His offspring. Both of those points are clearly mentioned in the Bible. (I'm on my lunch hour and don't have time right now to find the verses, but I would be happy to do so if anyone doubts me.) We have absolutely no concept of how God created our spirits, but there is no reason whatsoever to assume it's by the means yeshuasavedme is suggesting.

Quote:
yeshuasavedme has very little knowledge about Mormonism, too, but she makes up a good story as she goes along. It's extremely entertaining. I'll give her that much.

Last edited by Katzpur; 02-11-2010 at 12:35 PM..

Old 02-11-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I have a friend that I love. She is a devout Mormon and she believes it is her assignment to covert me to her religion. I have told her over the years I cannot and there are times when she gets discouraged and we don't talk for long periods of time. Finally I asked if I could be a mormon and not believe the teachings... because I love the community work. Another time I told her Jesus was not mormon, and yet another time I told her I just don't believe Smith's testimony... However, she insists "Heavenly Father" is leading me to her church. We talked and I asked her what if she's wrong. I told her how much I love her as a person, and I wanted her to know the truth. She was totally disarmed. In all the years of her attempts to convert me she never once said anything about love. Just four little letters with profound implications. I think love sent a powerful message to her one that she will think of for a long time.
Some members of the Church are like that. I could seriously not even begin to push a non-LDS friend in the direction she's trying to push you. It's just a difference in personalities, I guess. I suspect that her heart is probably in the right place, if it helps to know that.

Incidentally, I think every Latter-day Saint knows Jesus was not a "Mormon." Jesus was a Jew.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
.. We have absolutely no concept of how God created our spirits, but there is no reason whatsoever to assume it's by the means yeshuasavedme is suggesting.

yeshuasavedme has very little knowledge about Mormonism, too, but she makes up a good story as she goes along. It's extremely entertaining. I'll give her that much.
I have many family members -siblings, in-laws, nieces and nephews, who were once baptized into the Mormon church, and many of them remain in the Mormon Church. My brother's widow married a Mormon who became the bishop of two wards until his retirement.
I made it my business to learn what Mormonism was all about, and that began over forty years ago, after I became a born again in Christ, Bible believing, Christian follower of the LORD Jesus Christ. Several of my siblings are not Mormons because of my direct and indirect [prayers] involvement in their lives, while others are Mormons because they are in it for the social life and have no desire to know anything at all anyway. They do not even care what the doctrines of Mormonism are and were. It is just a "social" life for them.

Mormon doctrine facts: the Mormon god is an exalted to godhood, married male, human being, in Mormon heaven, who has a female exalted to goddess-hood human being wife and or wives [both are claimed, in varying Mormon teachings].
They have sex in their Mormon heaven.
They beget children in their Mormon heaven.
Those sex begotten children of the married Mormon god and his wife are then "incarnated" -in bodies of flesh- when their own siblings of their own Mormon heavenly father who got to earth in flesh bodies before they did, again have sexual union on earth as married males and females.

Mormon doctrine fact: the Mormon exalted to god-hood married male in Mormon heaven was himself begotten of a Mormon exalted to godhood married male and one of his goddess wives in another Mormon heaven -and so it goes, back to infinity.

The Mormon gods -plural- are all just human beings exalted to god-hood, married to wives [they cannot be exalted to god-hood if they are not married to wife and or wives, in the Mormon doctrine heaven] who have sexual relations in their Mormon heavens so as to be heavenly fathers of their own billions and billions of offspring for eternity.

For a Mormon to deny that this is Mormon doctrine about the Mormon god -and the gods of Mormonism teaching before him, from whom their own Mormon god came from-would be a falsehood.

All Mormon males strive to be like their "heavenly father", or should so strive, for that is what Mormonism is about. They do seek to be like him, and are to marry their wives for "eternity", so as to be married to them and have sex with them forever, and to beget children of them forever, in their own Mormon heaven.

But they are strongly dis-encouraged [with threats of penalties] to discover anything at all about their "Mormon -exalted to a goddess- heavenly mother"

Old 02-11-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Incidentally, I think every Latter-day Saint knows Jesus was not a "Mormon." Jesus was a Jew.
Correction: Jesus is still in the flesh of the created human being "Jewish" body which He donned at the incarnation when it was prepared new, for His donning, in the womb of a virgin, by the Holy Spirit. Isaiah 59 shows clearly that He put on the garments of Kinsman/Redeemer to come as the second "Ish" to bring forth justice for the earth, which no Adam "ish" could do since the fall. Rev 19 shows He is returning in the same body which He donned like a garment, as Kinsman/Redeemer to Adam [to redeem "whosoever will" of the seed of Adam].
And as YHWH in the person of God the Word come in the second human being creation flesh, His name is not "Adam" as the name of all the seed of Adam are [as a check of the Hebrew Scriptures original, by concordance search, proves]. His New Man name is "Israel", as Isaiah 49 and many, many other passages show, and He invoked that name over Jacob as a sign of the promised adoption which was to come, in His name, when He did come to Atone for His own -and for whoseover will.

Jesus does not believe in Mormonism, and calls it -through His Apostle- "another gospel", with "another Jesus" [a changeling] using "another spirit" -of the unholy sort.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post

It would appear by your post that the Mormon God is living a pretty good life up in heaven . I am sure though that they must believe that reproduction of spirit offspring would not happen in the same manner as we would reproduce here on earth. Think about this. How many seeds does an earthly man have in his body on any given day? Millions. I am sure the Mormon's believe that their Heavenly Father has at least that and so I am guessing that reproduction would not consume too much of his time.
If the Mormon god produces his offspring by the millions at a time, then he has to have millions of wives to impregnate [at a time: -mercy! you do know what that makes him, do you not?] because one woman human-goddess cannot have millions of babies in Mormon heaven to raise as her own children, at one time.
There is no way the Mormon god has ever known any of his "children", because there is no time for such "family" familiarity.

The Mormon god is only a human being who got to be a Mormon "god" because he married a female[s] in a special ceremony in his Mormon "heavenly father's" world, before he could be "exalted to be a Mormon" god, himself.
If he was not married -so as to have sex in his heaven and beget children- then he could not be "a god", and therefore a "heavenly father".

There is no relation to the God of the Holy Bible in Mormon doctrine.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:59 PM

I don't care about your Mormon or ex-Mormon relatives, jeshuasavedme. I have been an active member of the Church for 61 years. I've attended close to 10,000 hours of LDS Sacrament Meetings, Sunday School classes and Seminary classes in my lifetime. You go right ahead and enlighten everybody on what you "know" about Mormonism. Nobody's listening to you anyway.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:14 PM

33,260 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Obviously you're right about this. We absolutely do believe that our Father in Heaven is the Father of our spirits and that we are His offspring. Both of those points are clearly mentioned in the Bible. (I'm on my lunch hour and don't have time right now to find the verses, but I would be happy to do so if anyone doubts me.) We have absolutely no concept of how God created our spirits, but there is no reason whatsoever to assume it's by the means yeshuasavedme is suggesting.
God is not the father of our spirits. And what the Bible means by 'we are also His offspring' is this. But first the passage.

Acts 17:28-29 ''For in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ''For we also are His offspring. 29) ''Being then the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man.''

It means this:

C.I. Scofield wrote...

(17:29) ''Offspring'' is from the Gk, genos meaning race. The reference is to the creation-work of God, in which He made man (i.e, mankind, the race in Adam) in His own likeness, Gen. 1:26-27, thus rebuking the thought that ''the Godhead is like unto gold,'' etc. The word ''Father'' is not used, nor does the passage affirm anything concerning fatherhood or sonship, which are relationships based upon faith and the new birth. Cp. Jn.1:12-13; Gal. 3:26; 4:1-7; 1 Jn.5:1.

(New Scofield Reference Edition, p. 1190)

Only those who have believed in Jesus Christ for salvation are sons of God by ADOPTION.

Romans 8:15 'For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, ''Abba! Father!''

Romans 8:23 'And not only this, but also we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. ( This is a reference to the still future resurrection of the body of the believer.)

Ephesians 1:5 'He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will.'

Only those who have believed in Jesus Christ for salvation are members of the royal family of God.

God Created Adam and made or built Eve from Adam's rib. All other members of the human race are born. But in every instance, God creates the soul and places it in the body of those who are born. But the Scriptures make it clear that there is no family relationship between unregenerate man and God. Only through regeneration does a man enter into a family relationship with God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality