Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 06:08 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

I doubt if I'd use this site for advise on movies....They have this to say about "Creation."

Quote:
Movieguide.org, an influential site which reviews films from a Christian perspective, described Darwin as the father of eugenics and denounced him as "a racist, a bigot and an 1800s naturalist whose legacy is mass murder". His "half-baked theory" directly influenced Adolf Hitler and led to "atrocities, crimes against humanity, cloning and genetic engineering", the site stated.
Most of the racists and bigots I have come across are fundamentalist Christians or Muslims....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 10:58 PM

257 posts, read 407,668 times
Any evolutionary explanation is treatening to a creationism explanation. It is literally the opposite, at least as far as species go.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:01 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Cool "Shush! No one wants the truth, for god's sake!"

Exactly. It does more than chip away at the very foundation of literalist biblical beliefs; it's a veritable jack hammer.

Hence you see the troops gathering and responding vigorously and defensively to the 2008 Lenski proof of evolution. That sort of stuff just can't be allowed "out there" unchallenged by a good bit of dishonest mis-quoting.

I mean, what would happen if the American public woke up?

Old 12-31-2009, 09:32 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

I mean, what would happen if the American public woke up?
We would all grab our guns and frantically start killing each other...

I am surprised no one from the "other side" of the argument has said anything. Is it fear that you could believe in the wrong thing...or fear that others will believe in the wrong thing?

Old 12-31-2009, 09:34 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Fear runs their life, they live in it.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:45 AM

59 posts, read 30,064 times
Default Why is evolutionary theory threatening to you?

It isn't threatening. Its just false. Man's foolish pride trying to control the Almighty's nature. Hard for evolutionists to accept.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:08 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipschitz View Post
It isn't threatening. Its just false. Man's foolish pride trying to control the Almighty's nature. Hard for evolutionists to accept.
Oh please ,tell me how it is false?! Because it says so in a book? hahahahahahaha sorry science wins.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:14 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Quote:
Ahhh yes; the unrelated answer again. (Note to self about this poster...)

Evolution does not attempt to explain or achieve...

1) the origins of life. That was an alien's PhD experiment, obviously.

2) "control of the Almighty". Rather, Evolution is an explanation of how things evolved. In the dictionary definition; you know; events building on other events in some sort of explainable, logical manner, complete with loads of supportive evidence that the Churchy types love to dance on and denegrate.

Or, alternately, "Insta-Poof" outa nothing, with no resulting predictable or visible evidence, and in fact lots of contrary observations.

Not to mention the shear illogical nature of that solution....

But, since you do have these erroneous thoughts, I'd suggest, to avoid future humiliation, that you might want to take a course or something...

Old 12-31-2009, 10:20 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
I would agree that many in science are guilty of such foolish pride, but I also think more religious leaders are guilty of the same sin.

At least the scientific mind tries to understand existence more or less objectively...we may not be cognitively capable of understanding everything, and still suffer from a severly limited perspective in the universe, but I doubt memorizing the bible and talking to yourself with an "amen" at the end will help anyone get a better understanding of existence either.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:26 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,085,921 times
Evolution is threatening to Christians because it negates and removes the creation myth and the fall of man. WIthout the fall of man, the original sin, then there is no need for Jesus to show up and redeem everyone, or, in other words, be sacrificed for that sin. That is basically what the foundation of modern Christianity is. SO by disproving the Garden of Eden, by relegating it to myth, Evolution shows no need for a Messiah to come and save everyone later on, since no one was in sin to begin with; I think that is why Christians are so threatened by it. IT shatters the very foundation of their fatih by pointing out that the myth on which it is based "never happened" ......

Not that there is anything wrong with that.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality