Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:07 PM

303 posts, read 571,396 times

Advertisements

MATTHEW 4
8 Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory,
9 and he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and worship me"

1st JOHN 5:19 We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one.

REVELATION 12
9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

EPHESIANS 6
12 because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the principalities, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places

Last edited by caucazhin; 12-26-2009 at 07:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 02:13 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,642,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caucazhin View Post
MATTHEW 4
8 Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory,
9 and he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and worship me"

1st JOHN 5:19 We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one.

REVELATION 12
9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

EPHESIANS 6
12 because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the principalities, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places
So, reconcile what I posted with what you posted.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:49 AM

9,707 posts, read 10,099,929 times
The women in Revelation 12 represent a metafore of Christians. Proof is in verse 6 ``women fled into wilderness ,place prepared of God`` why would God help this women if she is a devil?, because this verse is the rapture of the bride of Christ at the second coming of Jesus. Other proof is verse 17 the red dragon or devil left the women and went to make war with her seed, thoughs who which keep the commandments of God and have testimony of Jesus Christ... The harlot of babylon is different . this is a devil she rides the seven headed ten horn devil. harlot of babylon has spiritual authority over greed and covetness in the economies of the earth and authority over high minded pride against God and the poor and the one who has sin, the blood of the prophet and saints.... The seven headed, ten horn devil has the authority over the liberalism, This devil is not conjuncture ideas, but a fallen angel who seven head represents seven known blastphemes against Lord God, and ten horns represents rejection against the ten commandments of Lord God, ten crowns represents the victory of this rejection against the ten Commandments of Lord God....... harlot of babylon is a fallen angel and looks like a dragon with a human head through visions by the Lord God..... Business men throughout the earth and malice minded humanist and other who ought against Christians will prostitute them selves with this devil.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:08 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,968,192 times
Cool So. There it is, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i think of the godless as evil.
Why thank you for your honesty, Huckleberry! Now I know where I stand with you. (Not only that, but as you likely know, I'm also a.... a..... scientist!)

Ohhhnooo... hide the children and grab the pitchforks and torches!

Your mindless accusation goes a long way to explaining why we atheists continue to denounce the vast, formalized and structured intolerance of the Church and it's unthinking acoloytes! God help us from a world dominated, as I once was but certainly am no more, by a Church dedicated to Darkness and Suppression. That's SO MUCH BETTER than the truth.....

Moderator cut: flaming/mocking

Last edited by june 7th; 05-12-2010 at 08:51 PM..

Old 12-27-2009, 05:17 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,102,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Why thank you for your honesty, Huckleberry! Now I know where I stand with you. (Not only that, but as you likely know, I'm also a.... a..... scientist!)

Ohhhnooo... hide the children and grab the pitchforks and torches!

Your mindless accusation goes a long way to explaining why we atheists continue to denounce the vast, formalized and structured intolerance of the Church and it's unthinking acoloytes! God help us from a world dominated, as I once was but certainly am no more, by a Church dedicated to Darkness and Suppression. That's SO MUCH BETTER than the truth.....

Moderator cut: Orphaned
I agree...and when I see anyone with this type of opinion, I see them as being uneducated about other's beliefs....I have to keep my sincere opinions to myself due to the fact that it would be seen as insulting...but yet a "God Worshipping" person is free to call an entire group of people evil?

Last edited by june 7th; 05-12-2010 at 08:52 PM..

Old 12-27-2009, 09:43 AM

So, reconcile what I posted with what you posted....

No doubt God lets satan have his power...like Jesus said to Pilate
"you would have no power over me if it werent given to you from above"

But that power is real and it is destructive to the souls of people..
Oh please dont tell me your a calvinist on top of being a preterist............

Old 12-27-2009, 12:05 PM

64,148 posts, read 40,492,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i think of the godless as evil . . .
Careful Huckleberry . . . evil is evil . . . it knows no particular group and none are immune. Rifleman may be among the confused, disillusioned and arrogant rejecters of the many idiocies that exist in religious beliefs . . . but he is not evil, IMO.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
So, reconcile what I posted with what you posted....

No doubt God lets satan have his power...like Jesus said to Pilate
"you would have no power over me if it werent given to you from above"

But that power is real and it is destructive to the souls of people..
Oh please dont tell me your a calvinist on top of being a preterist............
destructive to the souls of people?

No Pilate = no salvation.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:16 PM

if wasnt pilate it would have been someone else...same with Judas
God can use human evil for His own good when ever He wants to but He still holds people accountable for their evil

Old 12-28-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
if wasnt pilate it would have been someone else...same with Judas
God can use human evil for His own good when ever He wants to but He still holds people accountable for their evil
Well of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality