Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 04:19 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,263,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No it was about the sex of the two people getting married. And you can not discriminate based on sex.
You were never prevented from getting married based on sex.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:45 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,270,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Maybe you should tell that to my state legislature that put it into the state constitution that you must be of specific sexes in order to get a marriage licence together.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,307,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

You are a...um...credit...yeah, a credit to your sub-sect of Christianity.

You drive sheep away from your pen and I thank you.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:55 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,626,817 times
It's all about 'normalizing' homosexuality...
'They' want to have their own group to be recognized separately.

I don't know about anybody else, but I didn't wake up one day and decide I wanted to like people of the opposite sex.
I don't believe it's a 'choice' to be gay. It, to me, wasn't a choice to be straight... (to clarify, I am a straight man 56 years old married.)

Old 03-02-2016, 04:30 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
It's all about 'normalizing' homosexuality...
'They' want to have their own group to be recognized separately.

I don't know about anybody else, but I didn't wake up one day and decide I wanted to like people of the opposite sex.
I don't believe it's a 'choice' to be gay. It, to me, wasn't a choice to be straight... (to clarify, I am a straight man 56 years old married.)
POPCORN, get your POPCORN..enjoy watching the dead horse take yet another beating as the evangelicals continue their HATE the SIN, LOVE the SINNER fallacy...and use scripture to rationalize HATE and OPPRESSION based on diversity and then demonstrate their superiority by slinging scripture that supports their hate even as Jesus wined and dined the greatest SINNERS on the planet during His ministry..

Old 03-03-2016, 10:31 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,111,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinkerInTex View Post
The term marriage is a religous term. Marriage is a religous practice belongs to religion.
Please forgive me and pray for me please because I do not won't to be intolerant of anyone, I have no right to be intolerant of others.
I just don't understand why the gay community insist having the term "marriage."
The state officiates marriages. It's always been this way, thus it's an issue of civil rights.

And I'm aware that back in the days of monarchs, religious leaders married people, but that was also when separation of church and state did not exist. It was still the state. And either way, it's actually logically impossible to separate religious issues from civil ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.