Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 07:30 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times

Advertisements

Did anyone see this movie yet?
I watched it last night, and it was pretty good, kind of Hollywoodish, but still. I found it to be a little different then any other "typical" doomsday's movies.

So, i'm back to my original theory of Aliens and first Adam and Eve LOL!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 07:45 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
It was good up to the point where it suddenly became religious. That would be about the point of the burning window. After that, it was just dogmatic crap.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:34 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
I liked it until the end. Then it was crap. if they would have kept the bible out of it, it would have been pretty good all over.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:04 AM

Well, see, i didn't think it was Biblical. There might have been a little hint to it, but I thought alien presence was somewhat contradicting to the bible itself. Of course, movie was somewhat "religious", i think it was different "religion" by the way they presented it. Sun flares can happen, but because it's a natural occurrence, and may be observed, what it has to do with Bible, or religion?
Also, i stick with my original theory about possible life on another planet before planet Earth, and how possibly we were seeded here by aliens. That has nothing to do with god.
Ok, if they kept girls "predictions" out of it, then there would be no movie, of course!

Old 08-27-2009, 12:30 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,724 times
man I have to watch this I have heard a lot about it at work, I think I basically know the whole movie now though...my thing was what is the point of predicting unless it changes something? All those predictions and warnings and then they are all scr#wed anyways? That's kind of sad.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:43 PM

388 posts, read 855,801 times
There is alot of speculation of ufos and the bible. Some think that Ezekiel was in reference to ufos when it talked about the wheels and the the color of them. Or how about the burning chariot that supposedly took Elijah up. There is supposedly documented ufo accounts even back when Jesus was around. I just can't rember where I seen it at. (bummer)
The movie I thought was ok, could've been better. But it did make me think of the possibility of aliens and the bible.
I really believe the possiblity of aliens.
Another interesting little piece of info I found to be interesting.. is that some believe that this planet that is suppose to be getting near to our solar system is inhabited and that is when they seem to think of possible visitors...Cool...

Old 08-27-2009, 12:50 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,724 times
yea maybe, but everyone thinks they'll come see us, maybe they are about the same technology wise as we are and saying the same thing

Old 08-27-2009, 01:43 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
I thought the first half of the movie was a lot of fun, very interesting, and quite intriguing. Then the second half of the movie just became plain stupidity.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:49 PM

I just remembered something...
In the movie, someone said, "they are the chosen ones", ok, now i can see where this can be more "religious". Also, there were few space ships, not just the one with two kids, there were few of them that flew away, meaning they picked up only the "chosen" ones. ?!?
Did they have to provide that piece of "important" information??
Now all the Bible thumpers will agree that those creatures were from God, they were angels!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:41 PM

672 posts, read 5,093,265 times
I loved the movie, until the ending. As you said, typical doomsday movie. I was quite disappointed of the ending. The numbers and dates made me all excited about nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality