Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would/could you kill and die for your religion?
I would both die and kill for it. 0 0%
I would die for it. 7 16.67%
I would kill for it. 0 0%
No, I would/could not. 35 83.33%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:22 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,056,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
If another Holy Crusade started or a prophet said that God said to, would you/could you kill people who refused to believe in your religion?

Would you die for you religion?

Please dont just say Yes, think about this and answer truthfully.

If you where told by your religious leaders to kill thousands or millions of innocent people, could you do it? Could you kill a woman? could you kill a teenager? could you kill a child? could you kill your own family or friends if it was commanded of you by a prophet or by God?
No I couldn't. Because I am part of a community that have been killed over the centuries for no other reason that we were Jews. I certainly would not kill another human being over their religion. And the most recent holocaust happened just a few short years prior to my birth. So its not just old history of long ago.

As a Jew I have my relationship with God, I am called to help make this world a better place and to live in peace with my fellow man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 07:46 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,056,714 times
http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/fSW_JediSquirrels.jpg (broken link)

love it!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 11:31 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,386,873 times
I personally find it distasteful that anyone would believe that they would die for a religion or kill for it. Sun worship ain't worth it!

Old 11-25-2009, 12:07 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,596,949 times
The fact that (at this point) 20% said they would die for their religion frankly scares the hell out of me.
What in the blankety blank is wrong with your people?

Does that also mean that you would allow your children to die for your beliefs?

Now are you talking about the freedom that allows you to have your beliefs, or imaginary deity stuff?

Old 11-25-2009, 06:49 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,685,257 times
I don't have a religion, I have a culture,would I die for my culture? That's a good question, many of my people have died because of our culture, my great-grandmother and her family were on the Trail of Tears, the forcible removal of my people from their native land, many of my great-grandmother's relatives and siblings lost their lives on the Trail of Tears and were never given a proper burial, would I die for my culture? I would defend my peoples right to live their culture and their belief with my life.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:44 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,334,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
If another Holy Crusade started or a prophet said that God said to, would you/could you kill people who refused to believe in your religion?

Would you die for you religion?

Please dont just say Yes, think about this and answer truthfully.

If you where told by your religious leaders to kill thousands or millions of innocent people, could you do it? Could you kill a woman? could you kill a teenager? could you kill a child? could you kill your own family or friends if it was commanded of you by a prophet or by God?
I would respectfully decline. And then I would get a CAT scan...

Old 11-25-2009, 10:52 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,791,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The fact that (at this point) 20% said they would die for their religion frankly scares the hell out of me.
Could be worse. They could have said they would kill for their beliefs.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:50 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,176,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I don't have a religion, I have a culture,would I die for my culture? That's a good question, many of my people have died because of our culture, my great-grandmother and her family were on the Trail of Tears, the forcible removal of my people from their native land, many of my great-grandmother's relatives and siblings lost their lives on the Trail of Tears and were never given a proper burial, would I die for my culture? I would defend my peoples right to live their culture and their belief with my life.
I think that teaching others about the Native American culture is the best way to defend it. Virtue through Peaceful means is always the best way. Let others fight and die for thiers, makes more room for the truly righteous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality