Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 01:38 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,719,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Bring your proof, just one, of the geologic column existing in fact, or ever having existed in fact.

-you know that you cannot prove it, because it is a fairy tale which you have chosen to accept against all reason, as your "truth".
And your "truth" claims the sun is a giant crystal, and that the earth is flat, and that the rest of the universe orbits around the earth.

Pardon me while I laugh my ass off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 09:30 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,678,195 times
yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
Bring your proof, just one, of the geologic column existing in fact, or ever having existed in fact.
What you really should do is take a basic class in geology (that is, if you have a high school diploma). I've taken some classes at Montana Tech and have seen very large detailed maps that reveal the strata. This is too large of a subject matter to go back and forth with posts on a forum such as this one with someone who is determined not to understand it in the first place. There are a number of misunderstandings about the geologic column. It really isn't stacked up neatly like the layers of a cake that evenly cover the surface of the earth. It only appears that way when you look at a diagram of the geologic column because it includes all of the strata based on their age. There's a very simple reason for this. New material that covers older strata is not laid down evenly. Consider the volcanic activity in Hawaii. New lava flows cover strata that is much older but it just lays down a layer in the immediate area where the volcano is active so obviously the whole planet isn't getting an even layer that is equally distributed. You simply don't comprehend what the geologic column is. Geology has been studied way back in the 1700's, long before Darwin, and it became evident even in those days the the earth was very ancient. If you really want to understand it take a class and actually study it.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:33 AM

7,628 posts, read 11,004,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
And you are such an expert in this why?

Because you have a better education than Darwin?

If you did, you would see that this is junk 'science' manufactured to try and prove something that is so outrageous as to only be accepted on faith.
If what Christian profess is only based on faith, and believers in Evolution only believe in the evidence presented. Why would believers in evolution ignore the fact that dinosaur prints are now being found in the same strata as human prints? And in fact, one example displayed here shows us, that a dinosaur long ago stepped on a human print, and both prints then became fossilized together. Consider the link below. Based on the evidence, it's obvious the fossil record does not support evolution. So who is following junk "science" ?

longevity Chart Creation

Old 08-09-2009, 10:41 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,968,192 times
Default Behold, The Tiny Varve! In it's glory, it doth demand an audience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
So where is the geologic column to be seen, in fact, as it is laid out in the fairy tale books on evolution?
Where is your proof that there is a geologic column laid down on earth anywhere, stacked exactly as the charts show it to be, in the textbooks used for the fairy tale of evolution?
You ask; I answer. The "geologic column" can be seen by anyone (except the philosophically blind), in any annual sedimentary depositional structure, downstream of any stream or river outflow. To deny that is to truly show one's stubborn ignorance.

http://www.state.me.us/doc/nrimc/mgs...s/aug01-3b.jpg

(Yeah, I know: God did this with His trowel and some mud... just to trick and confuse us. ...sigh)

"Varve analysis" is one of my technical specialties, actually, as you'll read if you dare or can. But I won't bother to get into a protracted "debate" with you. That is not your specialty.

You just bluster, deflect and deny. I do challenge you to read this after prying open your cemented mind just a tiny bit.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...hristians.html

(Note to more rational and naturally curious readers: varves in Lake Baikal in Russia have been counted (not imagined or estimated), season by season, year by year, down to at least the 225,000 year level. So far.)

Finally, a phrase of advice: Beware The Troll!

Old 08-09-2009, 10:42 AM

33,639 posts, read 37,332,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If what Christian profess is only based on faith, and believers in Evolution only believe in the evidence presented. Why would believers in evolution ignore the fact that dinosaur prints are now being found in the same strata as human prints? And in fact, one example displayed here shows us, that a dinosaur long ago stepped on a human print, and both prints then became fossilized together. Consider the link below. Based on the evidence, it's obvious the fossil record does not support evolution. So who is following junk "science" ?

longevity Chart Creation
Who is following junk science? You are if you believe that "evidence" is authentic....It's just another in a long list of proven hoaxes that you have swallowed whole.

All of the Baugh museum exhibits have been strongly criticized as incorrectly identified dinosaur prints, other fossils, or outright forgeries. In 2008, a descendant of a family that found many original Paluxy River dinosaur tracks in the 1930s claimed that her grandfather had faked many of them, including the "Alvis Delk Cretaceous Footprint".

Even creationist organizations such as Answers in Genesis have criticized Baugh's claims saying he "muddied the water for many Christians..."People are being misled." Don Batten, of Creation Ministries International wrote: "Some Christians will try to use Baugh's 'evidences' in witnessing and get 'shot down' by someone who is scientifically literate". The ones witnessed to will thereafter be wary of all creation evidences and even more inclined to dismiss Christians as nut cases not worth listening to.

To sum it up Tom, you are doing much damage to your cause....

Last edited by sanspeur; 08-09-2009 at 10:52 AM..

Old 08-09-2009, 10:42 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,717,425 times
Quote:

longevity Chart Creation
Stones and Bones: Carl Baugh's latest Fake

http://gumbythecat.blogspot.com/2008/08/texas-two-step.html (broken link)

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2...ent_fakery.php

And I have plenty more where that came from,, better stop using "evidence from known frauds" doesn't help you, go check out your other posts, I put more evidence there.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:06 AM

108 posts, read 175,862 times
Wink Or.......

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/gall...-the-troll.jpg

Old 08-09-2009, 11:09 AM

33,639 posts, read 37,332,281 times
Well, I for one don't think Campbell is a troll. He may be gullible and misguided, but I think he honestly believes the clap trap he spews.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:28 AM

Thumbs down Fancy Lies.

Quote:

longevity Chart Creation
Sir (I assume); I dutifully read your link, as well as the many comments that follow. surely it looks very impressively "sciency", but that is hardly proof of anything, don't you agree?

I was struck by the logic of Tom the (G)ologist, who pretty much puts this into proper perspective, but also I liked his request to the holders of this piece of evidence, that has the potential to upset the world of paleontology:

Stop playing with something you know NOTHING about and do what anyone would with a civilization-altering discovery - have it examined by experts in the appropriate fields under controlled conditions.

You want to play scientist? - fine. Come back and crow in our faces with the appropriate, confirmed, refereed, published data and analyses and I will be first in line to eat that crow. Until then, however, please be aware that all you are doing is PLAYING scientist - even if you have credentials, what you have tossed out does not constitute any degree of scientific content or validity.

Oh and while you are at it, please make sure you inform us (with data) of what formation this rock came from, where it was discovered, whether the mineralogy and elemental composition compare with the claimed parent rock if it was not intact but was floating, and the exact locale so the rest of the world can make the owner of the property a wealthy person in prospecting rights.

In short - You put up and we will listen respectfully; You don't, then shut up. The test you all hold up as definitive doesn't cut it. Sorry.

I think this sums up most all of the "proofs" that Christians continue to regularly trot out. First they are concocted in the basement of the Church, or in a Mexican village, then the story is rehearsed until it's gotten straight by the perps, and then it's trotted out as yet another proof.

Trouble is, it isn't and it doesn't. It will never fool true thinkers, but instead will preach only to the choir.

Christianity is doomed by such fakery and intentional deceit. Instead of crying wolf, Christians seem to like to lie for Jesus!

Old 08-09-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well, I for one don't think Campbell is a troll. He may be gullible and misguided, but I think he honestly believes the clap trap he spews.
Perhaps you are right; I don't have that much experience with him, but I have read several of the posts by yehuasavedme, and she IS a troll for sure. Or in serious trouble with her mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality