Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 10:28 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,883,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
And the Geologic column does not exist anywhere on earth, as the fairy tale books teach it does. It began as a fabrication and continues as a fable.
We've already dispensed with your take on the geologic column. YOu don't even know what it is. All you can do is post little bits from apologetic ministeries. Lord, please forgive her, for she know not of what she writes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 10:35 PM

47,110 posts, read 26,255,803 times
Default Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote the rocks.

If we're going to pursue this via argumentum-ad-music-video:

YouTube - The Words of God

And we who listen to the stars, or walk the dusty grade,
Or break the very atoms down to see how they are made,
Or study cells, or living things, seek truth with open hand.
The profoundest act of worship is to try to understand.
Deep in flower and in flesh, in star and soil and seed,
The truth has left its living word for anyone to read.
So turn and look where best you think the story is unfurled.
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote the world.

I don't much believe, but looking at the Universe, I can say with certainty that if this is created, I'll look for the creator in his work, rather than in any Holy Book you'd care to mention.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:41 PM

7,628 posts, read 11,011,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I already did, four different links, here and on the dinosaur thread. One even examines his "ct scan" and compares it to known dinosaur tracks and the way they are formed. It is clearly a fraud. The "scientists" which they are not, no degrees from accredited universities ( which we have already proven more times than I care to discuss" have been proven frauds. I know you wont believe it and I kind of understand why, and I can honestly say that if anything you have ever posted were in fact real and were from real non creationists I would seriously consider it. I am not here to just prove you all wrong, I would love to believe there is more out there, but all the evidence points in the other direction. A book is not the truth, the real evidence is. If the bible was so true, it could not be proven wrong, but I am sorry that is not the case. And others spewing things like, the earth doesnt rotate ( which has been observed from space) and the sun does not produce light ( which it does sorry again proven)but is a crystal, just makes you guy sound nuts, how can we take anything from you seriously?
So, your telling me there's been no scientific review, just another personal opinion. Why am I not surprised? You could give me twenty links, until you can give one where actual science has occured, personal opinions will not do it for me. And don't you find it kind of funny, that anytime such evidence enters the picture, we never see someone from your side trying to contact those with the evidence. All we do see, is your armchair scientist acting as if the evidence was made of (KRYPTONITE).

longevity Chart Creation

Old 08-10-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
We've already dispensed with your take on the geologic column. YOu don't even know what it is. All you can do is post little bits from apologetic ministeries. Lord, please forgive her, for she know not of what she writes.
Say PanTerra, don't you think is was just terrible the way this dinosaur messed up this perfectly good human fossilized footprint? Link Below.

longevity Chart Creation

Old 08-10-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Say PanTerra, don't you think is was just terrible the way this dinosaur messed up this perfectly good human fossilized footprint? Link Below.

longevity Chart Creation
Is that Carl Baugh's work? What is terrible is the way Carl Baugh fleeces the flock. I have been to the out crop, and seen the original smaller dino foot prints traversing the larger print's path in Glen Rose. Have you been there? One thing that is evident is that the smaller tridactyl dino prints also have tail dragging marks between the foot prints. Did Carl tell anyone about that? No, so he is a charlatan. A simple chisle can modify them into human looking prints. Best not operate heavy machinery after ingesting mass quantities of snake oil.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:01 PM

47,110 posts, read 26,255,803 times
Quote:
And don't you find it kind of funny, that anytime such evidence enters the picture, we never see someone from your side trying to contact those with the evidence.
Not how it works. If you want to challenge an established theory, you do the work. If you think you have the evidence, build the case. Nobody is obliged to do the heavy lifting for you.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:41 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,681,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Monuments are always larger than life, as I said before, in ancient and modern times; but giants are depicted on ancient sumerian tablets and those tablets correlate with many ancient books and with the Bible.

I think this latest mocking campaign began with that mention by me of the Sumerian tablets depicting giants 24-30+ ft in height, seated with normal human beings who stood only up to the thighs, or so, of the giant kings; but they also had other giants who were serving before them who were of huge stature, and some of those giants are chimera. One giant depicted on the same tablet is an "insect/human =insectoid, giant.

Yes, monuments are larger than life. But you're insisting that the Sumerian tablets depict what are typically thought of as giants. The images I posted on post 88 are NOT monuments or sculptures. They are paintings on the walls of Egyptian tombs.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/10211886-post88.html
If you're going to insist that images on the Sumerian tablets are depicting giants, then you should also insist that the Egyptian tomb paintings are also depicting giants. After all, they are much taller than their subjects, just like those in the Sumerian tablets. Rather than understand that kings, rulers and pharaohs were often portrayed as larger than their subjects to symbolize their position of authority, you automatically reject and block out anything that disagrees they represent "proof" of giants.

Amazingly, you also bring up that one Sumerian image that depicts an insect/human, and presumably feel they too were real since you went on about chimeras. Okay, I've seen the movie, "The Fly", too, part man/part fly.

Regardless, since you are so insistent about giants that are part human/part insect, then what about those creatures at the other end of the size scale - faeries. They're also part human/part insect in appearance, but very small. What do you think? Real? Or imaginary? Keep in mind that scripture does not identify or describe every single creature in the world.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Is that Carl Baugh's work? What is terrible is the way Carl Baugh fleeces the flock. I have been to the out crop, and seen the original smaller dino foot prints traversing the larger print's path in Glen Rose. Have you been there? One thing that is evident is that the smaller tridactyl dino prints also have tail dragging marks between the foot prints. Did Carl tell anyone about that? No, so he is a charlatan. A simple chisle can modify them into human looking prints. Best not operate heavy machinery after ingesting mass quantities of snake oil.
No, it is not Carl Baughs work, the fossil was discovered by Alvis Delk who is an amature Archaelolgist. His discovery was made in July of 2000. Carl Baugh does have it in his museum. Yet the discovery was made by Alvis Delk. The fossil was placed under a CT scan, and it clearly shows the compressions on both foot prints. That rules out any chisle usage. I would say, there is a time coming when numerous believers in evoluition will have to come out of their closets of denial. You can only ignore the evidence for so long.

http://www.omniology.com/delknewmandino.htm

Old 08-10-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
No, it is not Carl Baughs work, the fossil was discovered by Alvis Delk who is an amature Archaelolgist. His discovery was made in July of 2000. Carl Baugh does have it in his museum. Yet the discovery was made by Alvis Delk. The fossil was placed under a CT scan, and it clearly shows the compressions on both foot prints. That rules out any chisle usage. I would say, there is a time coming when numerous believers in evoluition will have to come out of their closets of denial. You can only ignore the evidence for so long.

http://www.omnilolgy.com/delknewmandino.htm

Sorry, been there, seen the original. It has been reworked. Heard Carl speak about his footprint dino fossil. I've seen the man behind the curtain. Evolution is irrelevent, this is Geology. Show me a rabbit fossil in the Cambrian, not just a phony paw print.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:35 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,976,915 times
Wink "Down in dem old coal mines, where de fossils are found"!

Quote:
we never see someone from your side trying to contact those with the evidence. All we do see, is your armchair scientist acting as if the evidence was made of (KRYPTONITE).
Oh, Tom. Tsk tsk and shame on you! Again I find you lying to save face or falsely make your point. Boy, you have a short memory! Don't worry though: I won't EVER let you forget about my offer to Acambara!

(PS: Can you imagine what you'd say if they actually did send me a sample, and we found that it was only a few years old with clear evidence of fakery? I suppose you'd say I as faking those results, huh?

So essentially there'd really never be a purpose to ANY scientist ever honestly examining anything controversial, now would there? You're never going to change your mind no matter what we find; you've as much as admitted that to us all in the past.

Abject fear of the truth is a powerful incentive, I suppose...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Not how it works. If you want to challenge an established theory, you do the work. If you think you have the evidence, build the case. Nobody is obliged to do the heavy lifting for you.
Exactly! But Christian fundies do not like heavy lifting; they might not like what they find under those ancient rocks!

The Geological Column is more than "accepted"; it's an easily provable "fact". Varves, fossils, coal beds, footprints and all. And BTW, good point in your 9:35pm post:

"I don't much believe, but looking at the Universe, I can say with certainty that if this is created, I'll look for the creator in his work, rather than in any Holy Book you'd care to mention."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality