Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 05:59 AM
TKH TKH started this thread

35 posts, read 66,364 times

Advertisements

It is your unprovable beliefs that make you an individual. If not, we would all be the same. We all have our own belief system. It is unique to each of us. We add to it and subtract from it as beliefs, that are in question, are proved or disproved. I am sure that even atheist do not all believe the same things about God and Religion. It is our belief differences that makes each of us unique.

There are no two people that have identical beliefs. From disagreements with your significant other, disagreements with your boss, disagreements with the govenment...ect. Tell me, do you agree with everything your parents tried to teach you OR have you never had a disagreement with a friend because you believed one thing and they believed another?

Most times beliefs are eventually resolved and either proven or disproven, but not always, but that still doesn't mean you believe in them any less. even if no one else does.

An unsubstantiated belief (or lack thereof) in God and your religion are but a small part of everyone's belief system, but it is all of the unsubstantiated beliefs that we have that make us unique individuals.

Until we celebrate these differences instead of using them as weapons against each other, there will never be peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 06:53 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,480 times
It is ridiculous how some here on CD post these threads implying that they are "right" all the time. And the best part is that if you simply don't agree with them then you are automatically destined to burn in hell! (well the Eternal Tormentists anyhow) Some even go so far as to lable you as a "seed of the devil..."

Old 07-01-2009, 07:02 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
It is ridiculous how some here on CD post these threads implying that they are "right" all the time. And the best part is that if you simply don't agree with them then you are automatically destined to burn in hell! (well the Eternal Tormentists anyhow) Some even go so far as to lable you as a "seed of the devil..."
I'm talking with the devil and now I'm a heretic.

They just don't get that truths are revealed everyday in any form. It's just up to us to listen whether it's written in books or channeled or from within. I like to learn of others' beliefs and it's interesting. What I don't like are the boxes that keep people inside because of fear.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:12 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
TKH "Why are your beliefs "right" and mine are "wrong" ?"

First, because it misrepresents the situation to put it terms of Right and Wrong and I suspect you know that because you use inverted finger-wags.

Evidence,
Evidence,
Evidence.

Second, because what has no good proof should not be believed.

Evidence,
Evidence,
Evidence.

Third, because your average thinking atheist has better logic, is more even - handed, has better support and is more informed, better researched and is more open - minded that your average evangelical theist.

Evidence,
Evidence,
Evidence.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,666,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKH View Post
It is your unprovable beliefs that make you an individual. If not, we would all be the same. We all have our own belief system. It is unique to each of us. We add to it and subtract from it as beliefs, that are in question, are proved or disproved. I am sure that even atheist do not all believe the same things about God and Religion. It is our belief differences that makes each of us unique.

There are no two people that have identical beliefs. From disagreements with your significant other, disagreements with your boss, disagreements with the govenment...ect. Tell me, do you agree with everything your parents tried to teach you OR have you never had a disagreement with a friend because you believed one thing and they believed another?

Most times beliefs are eventually resolved and either proven or disproven, but not always, but that still doesn't mean you believe in them any less. even if no one else does.

An unsubstantiated belief (or lack thereof) in God and your religion are but a small part of everyone's belief system, but it is all of the unsubstantiated beliefs that we have that make us unique individuals.

Until we celebrate these differences instead of using them as weapons against each other, there will never be peace.

I don't think there ever will be peace, in any form. Some use their religion as a means to start wars. Why? They believe their religion is the Right way, or worse, it is all about power and control and fear.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:38 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,066,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKH View Post
It is your unprovable beliefs that make you an individual.

I'll stop you right there. Mine are provable.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I'll stop you right there. Mine are provable.
Finally!! Ok spill it.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:49 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,066,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Finally!! Ok spill it.

As I said in the other thread, and I've said on here numerous times--the existence of the universe itself is proof enough. The cosmological argument states that for every cause there is an effect.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:54 AM

33,526 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
As I said in the other thread, and I've said on here numerous times--the existence of the universe itself is proof enough. The cosmological argument states that for every cause there is an effect.
For every cause there is an effect, huh? Well I guess that proves it in your mind, but be careful, it also proves that there is no God.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
For every cause there is an effect, huh? Well I guess that proves it in your mind, but be careful, it also proves that there is no God.
yea in doing research on that subject I found this.

The Universe Could Not Have Been Created by God: Logic vs. Supposition. God was not the first cause

and there are other links as well there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality