Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 04:16 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,809,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Nope, I do not believe in any supernatural being whatsoever. To believe in Satan one would need to believe in God and that is way too religious/irrational/illogical/ un-scientific/ non sensical for me.

I believe we all have our personal "demons" of our own making, problems borne out of our upbringing and environment and that is enough for me.

An Atheist has no belief in any supernatural creature/being of any kind by my definition anyway. No Gods/ no Demons. A Demon IMO is only yet another "God" , a creation of the human mind.

I do sincerely wish Santa /Fairies/Unicorns /Leprechauns etc.. existed as they would make fascinating scientific research but sadly I will have to settle for our more than wondrous Natural and very real Universe and its amazing workings.

"Demons" to me are basically a manifestation of a form of psychosis/mental illness , something our minds create for whatever reasons , a sign of a psychiatric disorder , a form of delusion of the most acute type.
Demons are not a manifestation of anything, they are REAL also. Real beings. Just like Angels or Devils. And no, I'm not talking about "personal demons", I'm talking about real beings which are Demons.

As for Unicorns, I have SOLID EVIDENCE that they did exist at one time but don't exist anymore (not that I'm aware of, anyway).

Old 04-22-2009, 04:16 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,518,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
OK, I'll get it - but I don't want to hear backpedaling like "oh, those sources aren't legit" and that kind of stuff...

Doesn't that depend on whether your sources are legit?

There are no devils. Devils are figments of our imagination, like elves, fairies or eskimoes. Wait a second...

Old 04-22-2009, 04:19 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,189,485 times
Quote:
As for Unicorns, I have SOLID EVIDENCE that they did exist at one time but don't exist anymore (not that I'm aware of, anyway).
Please tell me you're not serious.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:19 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,947,267 times
I don't believe in demons, the devil or anything like that and I don't think any atheist does. I guess it doesn't make sense to us how someone can not believe in a god but believe a devil, I think it's because since Christians have learnt to always associate doubt with satan, many will believe that we do in fact believe in the devil and are actively and willingly doing his biding.

Last edited by coosjoaquin; 04-22-2009 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 04-22-2009, 04:20 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,498,311 times
I don't believe in what I have not seen.

I have never seen a devil or an angel therefore I can't believe in them.

I have met some people who were really good people and some who were really BAD people but that is not the same as a devil and an angel.

I also admit that I don't know everything, there are most certainly things out there that I have not seen or experienced but who is to say what those things are. In my mind its as likely to be fairies as angels.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
LOL, you are SO WRONG and I can't wait till I prove it and watch you EAT YOUR OWN WORDS
Oh, I'm just waiting for you to prove this.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:24 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,656,069 times
BerganCountyJohnny,
If evidence like you're saying you have really existed you could become an overnight sensation and present it to the world instead of an internet forum. Devils, demons and all of the other mythical creatures are make believe. I suspect you're going to dredge up some story about an exorcism that supposedly had witnesses or some weird concoction about a spooky house with demonic events but you're not going to present evidence because there isn't any. You asked what we would need in terms of acceptable evidence. For myself it would be something that you could take into a courtroom and convince a jury with it. That would mean physical evidence and alot of it. Eyewitness testimony is notorious for being wrong and mental institutions are filled with people who believe in the sort of thing you're talking about so witnesses aren't going to cut it. Ok, let's see what you have Johnny.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Please tell me you're not serious.
Not only am I serious, but I'll have you and all (or most) atheists on here agreeing with me after I post the evidence I have.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
BerganCountyJohnny,
If evidence like you're saying you have really existed you could become an overnight sensation and present it to the world instead of an internet forum. Devils, demons and all of the other mythical creatures are make believe. I suspect you're going to dredge up some story about an exorcism that supposedly had witnesses or some weird concoction about a spooky house with demonic events but you're not going to present evidence because there isn't any. You asked what we would need in terms of acceptable evidence. For myself it would be something that you could take into a courtroom and convince a jury with it. That would mean physical evidence and alot of it. Eyewitness testimony is notorious for being wrong and mental institutions are filled with people who believe in the sort of thing you're talking about so witnesses aren't going to cut it. Ok, let's see what you have Johnny.
it's been presented to the world and everyone knows it, except maybe handful of you atheists who seem to be living in caves and only going on this internet forum.

If you did your RESEARCH it would be easy to find the PROOF - IRREFUTABLE PROOF

Old 04-22-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Not only am I serious, but I'll have you and all (or most) atheists on here agreeing with me after I post the evidence I have.
We're all waiting for this "evidence".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality