Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:39 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,528,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
The myth of heaven and hell is sooooooo fake and simplistic. It exists in your minds though I guess.....

If you believe in heaven and hell. I have some beachfront property in Colorado i'd like to sell you.

i buy that. along with the myth that one mustn't get angry.
(got peace in my elbows!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 09:42 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,136,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
i buy that. along with the myth that one mustn't get angry.
Anger is a real emotion that you can feel. You can feel it taking away your energy and making you act in haste. It's there.

Heaven and hell is a very, very questionable assumption about what will happen to us after we die.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:51 PM

589 posts, read 1,562,454 times
Seriously... the Bible said that after the Great White Throne Judgment, the humans who are given eternal life will live on in the New Earth. It will be a glorious paradise even better than the Garden of Eden. We will enjoy all the handiwork of God... the trees, the flowers, the animals, and all the activities we love to do including music, art, etc.

Those who don't have the saving blood of JC will be cast into the Lake of Fire to DIE a second death... they will be gone forever, like they never existed. There is no such thing as eternal torture for humans as taught by some churches. Eternal torment in the fire is the fate reserved for the fallen angels only because they are immortals!

REV 21
1: And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2: And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3: And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4: And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5: And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6: And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7: He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8: But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:00 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,944,127 times
Can god play Rock and Roll?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Can god play Rock and Roll?

play? seriously!

YouTube - Etta James: Take It To The Limit (w/ Kal David)

take it from her, preppie!

Old 03-26-2009, 11:23 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,311,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Will there be a rock and roll Heaven? I would love to watch all of the famous musicians past and present performing great music together in Heaven and them having a joy performing music together.
LOL that's kind of funny and cute, but you will have to ask God that question.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:27 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,496,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
I heard the Gaither Brothers will be heading up the sing song - hell sounds like a better option. Imagine an eternity of country and western Eeew
Yeah, it would be horrible listening to songs of praise and worship!

Preterist

Old 03-26-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828;805[COLOR=Purple
2979]LOL that's kind of funny and cute, but you will have to ask God that question.

loving [/color]((((((((( OUR )))))))))) heavenly father ...

Old 03-26-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Yeah, it would be horrible listening to songs of praise and worship!

Preterist

halleluja all day long? (love it!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality