Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:52 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,180,836 times

Advertisements

A friend I chat with on IM linked me too this site. Interesting (sarcasm) to say the least.

Warning: This website contains content that may or may not cause strong emotional reactions. I am in no way responsible if you find yourself:
  1. Laughing so hard, you start hurting.
  2. Shaking your head without stopping for long periods of time.
  3. Going on a rampage which may or may not result in you throwing your own computer out the window.
Enjoy!!!
Fundies Say the Darndest Things!

Here's a little sample.
Quote:
This past spring I was expelled from my high school. Why? Because I'm a Christian. There was a girl in my class who was wiccan, and I didn't want demons to possess me or anyone else and save her from satan. So, I told her that her faith was evil and told her to accept Jesus as Savior and she would be saved. Simple as that. Just say the sinners prayer and you can be saved!

Well I got sent to the principal for that. She said I was 'discriminating' against her religion. I was only doing what the Bible, God, Jesus and my pastor said! How is that wrong!?

Well, afterwards I was forced to aplologize, even though it's a sin to, so I never meant what I said. So, instead I put a copy of a Jack Chick tract in her locker about how wicca and a paganism lead to murder, rape and other horrible things because it lets the devil get inside of you. I also left a little note about how she was going to hell. I was hoping she would see the error of her ways and repent from the evil, disgusting 'religion'.

Instead I was called down to the principal again and this time there were two police officers there. And they said I was under arrest for harrasing this girl and threatening her! What did I do? I just wanted her to accept Jesus and be saved! Now her family (all evil, stupid, disgusting god hating wiccans) want to sue me for discrimination and creating a hostile workplace! How is that fair? She's the one who's discriminating against me because I'm one with the LORD!

Jesus is the only way to salvation! It's that simple people! No pope, wicca, or anything stupid like that! JESUS ONLY! Why is is wrong to tell others that? It's all the fault of the ACLU and simlar atheist organizations trying to destroy us Christians. Next they'll want to genocide us for doing our Godly work.

Meg

Old 03-09-2009, 11:08 PM

This one actually disturbed me.

Quote:
If u have sex before marriage then in Gods eyes u are married to that person if a man rapes a woman in Gods eyes they are married it sucks for the girl but what can we do lol

Gods soldier

Old 03-09-2009, 11:46 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,388,528 times
Lets say that your considering a home rental. It's down to two places that are equal in every way but one. Living in home A is a family of thumping fundies. Home B has a blue dot parolee and his mother. Which home would a black atheist liberationist choose?

Old 03-09-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Lets say that your considering a home rental. It's down to two places that are equal in every way but one. Living in home A is a family of thumping fundies. Home B has a blue dot parolee and his mother. Which home would a black atheist liberationist choose?
1. What does this have to do with the thread?
2. It's libertarian.
3. You didn't provide enough information. Not all criminals are violent ones.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,403,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
A friend I chat with on IM linked me too this site. Interesting (sarcasm) to say the least.

Warning: This website contains content that may or may not cause strong emotional reactions. I am in no way responsible if you find yourself:
  1. Laughing so hard, you start hurting.
  2. Shaking your head without stopping for long periods of time.
  3. Going on a rampage which may or may not result in you throwing your own computer out the window.
Enjoy!!!
Fundies Say the Darndest Things!

Here's a little sample.
Bolding Alert: " Fundies in all Kamps say the Darndest Things"

I totally agree that those Fundies are definitely insane with some of the thinking and comments they make. But I have always found that not all individuals follow or believe what the Fundies claim as absolute Truth, even though these Fundies claim to be the intellectual and spiritual mouth piece of that particular Kamp.

Consider the some of the outrageous comments made by better known Atheistic Fundamentalists from it's early infancy right down to our present time period today. Since the title of the thread is "Fundies Say The Darnest Things", these quotes certainly qualify. Again, these quotes certainly are not necessarily the beliefs of Atheists here, anymore than so-called Christian Fundamentalism represents those who believe in the Bible.

"The Decent of Man and Selection in Relation to Sex" by Charles Darwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Darwin
At some future period not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes . . . will no doubt be exterminated. The break betwen man and his nearest Allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilised state, as we may hope, even the caucasion, and some ape as low as the Baboon, insted of as now the Negro or Australian and the Gorilla."
"Lay Sermons, Addresses and Reviews" by Thomas Huxley soon after the American Civil War and release of the Negro slaves had this to say:
Quote:
"No rational [don't you just love that word?, seems to keep cropping up in this forum] man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average Negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man. And if this be true, it is simply incredible that, when all his disabilites have been removed, and our pronathous relative has a fair field and no favour, as well as no oppressor, he will be able to compete successfully with his bigger-brained and smaller jawed rival, in a contest which is carried out by thoughts and not by bites."
The journal, "Science" , John C Burham wrote regarding the theory of evolution and racism.
Quote:
"After 1859, the evolutionary schema raised additional questions, particularly whether or not Afro-Americans could survive competitin with their white near-relatives. The momenteous answer was a resounding no . . . The African was inferior - he represented the missing link between Ape and Teuton."
"Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler
Quote:
"If nature does not wish that weaker individuals should mate with stronger, she wishes even less that a superior race should intermingle with an inferior one; because in such cases all her efforts, throughout hundreds of thousands of years, to establish an evolutionary higher stage of being may thus be rendered futile."

"The stronger must dominate and not blend with the weaker, thus sacrificing his own greatness. Only the born weakling can view this as cruel, but he, after all, is only a weak and limited man; for if this Law did not prevail, any conceivable higher developement (Hoherentwicklung) of organic living beings would be unthinkable."

"The Germans were the higher race, destined for a glorious evolutionary future. For this reason it was essential that the Jews should be segregated, otherwise mixed marriages would take place. Were this to happen, all nature's efforts " to establish an evolutionary higher stage of being may thus be rendered futile."
Puuulease
We are much enlightened more sophisticated today, than in the past !!!

Really ???

The Atheist Evangelist Richard Dawkins in an interview with Larry Taunton. This modern day Atheistic Prophet said this regarding his evolutionary view of Hitler.
Quote:
Richard Dawkins: "What's to prevent us from saying Hitler was'nt right? I mean that's a genuinely difficult question."

The interviewer's response to that comment: "I was stupefied, he had readily concided that his own philosophical position did not offer a rational basis for moral judgements. His intellectual honesty was refreshing, if somewhat disturbing on this point."
Conclusion:

Looks like both Kamps are the same!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 08:01 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,928,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post

Consider the some of the outrageous comments made by better known Atheistic Fundamentalists from it's early infancy right down to our present time period today. Since the title of the thread is "Fundies Say The Darnest Things", these quotes certainly qualify. Again, these quotes certainly are not necessarily the beliefs of Atheists here, anymore than so-called Christian Fundamentalism represents those who believe in the Bible.
The difference being, the "quotes" you reference are past history, while the ones about fundies here are what you wackos are saying TODAY.

The moral of this story is that we as atheists actually learn, grow, and change due to our own mistakes whilst you fundies always stay the same and spout the same old same old for your entire lives.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:05 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,077,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
The difference being, the "quotes" you reference are past history, while the ones about fundies here are what you wackos are saying TODAY.

The moral of this story is that we as atheists actually learn, grow, and change due to our own mistakes whilst you fundies always stay the same and spout the same old same old for your entire lives.
Now, now....no reason to call anyone names.

Do you honestly think those are actual representations of the average Christian? If so I've got some nice land in Florida to sell you...

Old 03-10-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post

Seconded.

And repeatedly trying to claim Hitler was an atheist doesn't make it true. Do I need to start grabbing religious quotes out of Mein Kampf?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:12 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,077,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Seconded.

And repeatedly trying to claim Hitler was an atheist doesn't make it true. Do I need to start grabbing religious quotes out of Mein Kampf?

Go for it.

For every one of 'em I can show you a verse that shows that he wasn't following the teachings of the Bible.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Go for it.

For every one of 'em I can show you a verse that shows that he wasn't following the teachings of the Bible.
The point isn't whether or not he followed the Bible. The point is he believed in a god and therefore, isn't an atheist. Would you like to argue that or just save time and accept the fact that he was at least a believer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality