Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 03:12 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Ok, that's true.
But it's twisting the definition of "conscious" a bit. Your website explains that plants respond to their environment and "make decisions" to improve their lives and have better chance of survival/reproduction. Fine. But earth, as far as we can tell, doesn't.

I admit that it's impossible to prove absolutely that the earth does not speak. I still think, though, that any reasoning that requires a "talking earth" should be dismissed, for the same reason we would say the idea of a "talking car" or a "talking lump of rock" is a fairy tale.
actaully i have nothing more to say about this point
my point which i think we are common with is that it's impossible to prove absolutely that the earth dosn't speak
but i agree with you that with our limited knowledge and our limited senses it will be strange to think that earth can speak
my beliefs according these thing is as my beliefs of existence of paradise and hell , we can't scientifically at this moment to prove or disprove it

in the last you should to notice that not moonson nor me raised the point of talking earth as a miracle , moonsun was talking about origination of the heavins in smoke state

Quote:
I got dragged into this once, I won't do it again . I sincerely admit that I know too little about the Qur'an to look for errors. I could use the Skeptic's Annotated Quran, but I could not debate it much.
no one ever challanged me about errors in quran
i sincerely admit that my sientific knowledge is poor , but my knowlege for quran and it's original language is perfect
we can exchange great knowledge from these discussions
if you seek any arguments about any point your site raised , you are wellcome

Old 01-20-2009, 06:22 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Me too. It's nice to know that not all Muslims are like moonsun...

I think you are right
I am not trying my best to do as this verse says

Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.

Thank you I will consider this as an advise
islam is perfect but not all muslims are practicing its nobel teaching

But what picture do you have on me

Old 01-22-2009, 11:03 PM

another proof

one of the enemy of the prophet (prayer and peace upon him) his name is Abu Lahab and he is his Uncle .

the authenticity and credibility of Islam, the Quran and the Prophet himself laid in the hands of this man Abu Lahab for 10 years.

how?

When Abu Lahab was still well and alive, a short chapter of the Quran was revealed to the Prophet. The chapter said that Abu Lahab will die a non-muslim and will go to hell for not believing in the Oneness of God.

Al Quran Chapter 111.

"The power of Abu Lahab will perish, and he will perish.
His wealth and gains will not exempt him.
He will be plunged in flaming Fire,
And his wife, the wood-carrier, Will have upon her neck a halter of palm-fibre."

Abu Lahab lived for many years after this prophecy was revealed. He could have destroyed the credibility of Islam and the Prophet simply by pretending to convert. But he didn't.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:39 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,191,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
in the following verses the Quran says that the Romans have been defeated ( that was in 615 AD) by the persian
and then The Quran says that within ten years the Roman will win ( and that what happend in 624 AD)
Gee, that prediction must have been tough to make, what with the Quran having been compiled in AD 633, and standardized in AD 653.

By that standard, I'm gonna predict the US invading Iraq sometime in the early 21st century.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Gee, that prediction must have been tough to make, what with the Quran having been compiled in AD 633, and standardized in AD 653.

By that standard, I'm gonna predict the US invading Iraq sometime in the early 21st century.

The prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was born in 570 ad
he became a prophet at age of 40 that was in 610 ad
he lived for 63 years and died in 633 ad

all the verses of the Quran was not revealed to him in one time

when ever there is reason or matter or a need for some thing to be cleared from Allah then some of the verses is revealed

so the whole Quran was revealed in 23 years between the period of 610 and 633

the verses that about the Romans prophecy was revealed in 615 ad

Old 01-26-2009, 12:32 PM

790 posts, read 1,732,836 times
If I haven't said so already, I believe the word isn't "proof," but "circumstantial evidence at best."

Old 01-31-2009, 09:09 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
i found this - to my great delight. making my day, today.

Consciousness in the Single Neuron | Science & Consciousness Review

Old 01-31-2009, 09:37 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
moonsun wrote:
Quote:
sura #21
the moon moves around the earth and the earth moves around the sun and the sun moves around the galaxy.

And He it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They float, each in an orbit. (33)
Could you tell me the source of these two statements? Sorry, I didn't read every page if you've already answered the question. I'm particularly interested in where the first statement is from, #21. Is this supposed to be from an ancient religious text that was written before scientists knew about such things or is it something else? Thanks.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:07 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
moonsun wrote:

Could you tell me the source of these two statements? Sorry, I didn't read every page if you've already answered the question. I'm particularly interested in where the first statement is from, #21. Is this supposed to be from an ancient religious text that was written before scientists knew about such things or is it something else? Thanks.
this verse is from quran
It is He Who created night and day and the sun and moon, each one swimming in a sphere. (Qur'an, 21:33)

And We have decreed set phases for the moon, until it ends up looking like an old date branch. It is not for the sun to overtake the moon nor for the night to outstrip the day; each one is swimming in a sphere. (Qur'an, 36:39-40)

you can read the entire context with many translations here if you like
http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_d...=1&show_urdu=1

Old 01-31-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
moonsun wrote:

the statement is from the holy quran

the second statement only
And He it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They float, each in an orbit. 21:33

the first statement i wrote it to show that this fact is mentioned in the Quran to help the one who is searching for the right path to believe that this book the Quran is from Allah

this post is full of such thing
here is another one

the iron was not part of the earth
Iron was sent from Space.
two clips from disovery channel talking about this fact (minutes 3.22 and 5.20)

YouTube - Discovery Channel Proves the Qur'an to be the word of God !!

We sent aforetime our apostles with Clear Signs and sent down with them the Book and the Balance (of Right and Wrong), that men may stand forth in justice; and We sent down Iron, in which is (material for) mighty war, as well as many benefits for mankind, that Allah may test who it is that will help, Unseen, Him and His apostles: For Allah is Full of Strength, Exalted in Might (and able to enforce His Will). Sura #57:25

and another one

The expansion of the universe was first suggested by the general theory of
relativity and is supported by the calculations of astrophysics.

“I built the heaven with power and it is I, who am expandingit.” 51:47
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality