Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 09:39 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
You didn't get the gist of my post did you? I said that I hope that NEITHER side takes it upon themselves to cause any harm, injury or death to anyone because of this issue.
This I absolutely agree with.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:06 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
It is not equality when it goes against the laws of God. It is sin.
Next thing, Fred and his horse would need equality, and i think it is just a wrong.

godspeed,

freedom

Old 11-12-2008, 06:34 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Has anyone considered the violence that is being suggested by members of the gay community that were entered onto a gay website. Here are some of the comments left by writers to this site:

"Can someone in CA please go burn down the Mormon temples there, PLEASE. I mean seriously. DO IT."

"I'm going to give them something to be f--ing scared of....I'm a radical who is now on a mission to make them all pay for what they've done."

"Burn their f--ing churches to the ground, and then tax the charred timbers."

"I hope the No on 8 people have a long list and long knives."

"I swear, I'd murder people with my bare hands this morning."

"Trust me. I've got a big list of names of mormons and catholics [sic] that were big supporters of Prop 8....As far as mormons and catholics...I warn them to watch their backs."

This is not made up by some christian group to make the gay community look bad. This is written by folks who are angry with the outcome of the CA proposition. I don't care if you agree or disagree with gay marriage, this is beyond comprehension. Even though we will disagree on issues such as this, there is no place for comments or threats of harm or death to either party involved. I pray that this will open our eyes to just how serious this situation is and what possible consequences lie ahead for us. It is my sincere prayer that no one is harmed or killed as a result of this ongoing action and hope that cooler heads will prevail on both sides. I am certain that God will not be pleased with actions taken by either group toward one another. May God bless us and keep from harm.
This is how it happens, exactly, 1st they resist their rights being stripped. Then that opens the door for the violence. This isn't going to go away, it will get worse. You can' t "play" God on earth, it has always had a bad out come.
Best leave judgement day until after the rapture, or tribulation, or what ever you call it. Laws are to prevent harm, suffering, not to push a certain belief.
I don't believe this will work.

I realize you would like to see a Christain Nation where all of us believe the same things, and are followers of Christ but this is not what America was founded on. It was founded on the freedom to worship who you want or not at all. Its our 1st amendment. The 1st one! I see you thinking God doesn't want people to be Gay like I see the cookie jar wanting more cookies. It's your desires you are just using God to justify them. Not a good situation when it's becoming legal to do so.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:02 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,115,644 times
Quote:
It's your desires you are just using God to justify them.
I don't use God to justify anything. He made the rules so I just try to live by them the best I can.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:21 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
That's an awesome comic, SuSuSushi

Old 11-12-2008, 10:36 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
That's an awesome comic, SuSuSushi
Yeah. The artist has quite a few very pointed ones that make good sense. I can't hit the site here from work or I'd link it. You can just Google "atheist eve" though and it should be the first link.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Yeah. The artist has quite a few very pointed ones that make good sense. I can't hit the site here from work or I'd link it. You can just Google "atheist eve" though and it should be the first link.
Already did! The comics are hilarious, and the website is pretty neat, I like how they do volunteer events in the 'name of Atheism' . Me and my friends try to do the same

Old 11-12-2008, 10:57 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
I realize you would like to see a Christain Nation where all of us believe the same things, and are followers of Christ but this is not what America was founded on. It was founded on the freedom to worship who you want or not at all.
I would like to say, appropriately, I think, hallelujah! The first time I've seen anyone in this particular forum acknowledge our Constitution...which just happens to mandate a separation of church and state.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I would like to say, appropriately, I think, hallelujah! The first time I've seen anyone in this particular forum acknowledge our Constitution...which just happens to mandate a separation of church and state.
Of course it does, but many religious people think the 'word of god' is far above our constitution and they can simply choose to obey the bible over our nations laws.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:20 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,177 times
I see alot of judging going on in this thread. I believe we should live and let live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality