Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 04:32 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,446,834 times

Advertisements

A beat-up '90 Chevy Cavilier (silver/rust color)

I have a front plate that says, "wheelin' west virginia", which came with the car and a faded sticker on the back which says "God bless America".

I had an '89 Dodge mini-van extended cab which I loved. I could carry anything in that van, but I had to give it up because it didn't have sholder belts for the kids car seats. I was hoping that Xibit from West Coast Customs would come and fix it for me. I would have loved to have sun roofs and t.v.'s and have it lowered to the ground with awesome rims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 07:31 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,799,933 times
I drive a 2006 silver Ford Taurus (see example pic). It has some bells and whistles, like a sunroof and power driver seat, etc., but it's basically a dependable, reliable, sturdy ride. I guess that's how I see myself -- reliable and dependable. Sturdy... not so much

Our front plate is of TAZ ... you know, the Tazmanian Devil from Bugs Bunny fame. He's kind of the family mascot. We have a Pittsburgh Steeler rear license plate frame. Only one bumper sticker. It was used to cover a "defect" as it were. The bumper sticker reads: K-LOVE 105.7 FM - Positive & Encouraging

Oops! Almost forgot... we also have an ichthus fish on the right side of the trunk above the bumper and a school booster ribbon on the left side.
Attached Thumbnails
Trivia question- What do you drive?-dsc01325.jpg  

Old 08-14-2008, 07:58 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,813,412 times
I drive a 2005 Saturn Ion.
I wish I had a Tesla roadster or a Toyota Rav4 EV.
No bumper stickers just yet. There might be a rainbow one, one about being an atheist, and one to just generally make people mad, besides the other two.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:07 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,394,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I was hoping that Xibit from West Coast Customs would come and fix it for me. I would have loved to have sun roofs and t.v.'s and have it lowered to the ground with awesome rims.
Ha! Yes, you should have got your ride pimped.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:03 PM

321 posts, read 922,066 times
We have two cars:

2003 GMC Yukon - Metallic Charcoal Grey
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Fire Engine Red

Yukon is the family truckster - no dogs allowed! The Jeep is used for camping and other dog related family events Regular DMV plates and no stickers of any kind. The Jeep is a pretty piggy car with the dogs allowed in there - they trash it with their root beer cans and Slim Jim wrappers

Old 08-14-2008, 06:49 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,647,232 times
[quote=cg81;4832847]
Quote:
What kind of vehicle do you drive?
A Black 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade with fog lights and a light bar on top. It's really cool looking to me, but I guess some would think it was redneck or not a car that a "chick" should be driving.
Quote:
Does your vehicle reflect your personality?
It fit the personality I was experiencing at the time I bought it.
Quote:
Do you have licence plates/bumper stickers that reflect your views?
No way. I live that part. I think bumper stickers are tacky.

Moderator cut: off-topic

Last edited by Alpha8207; 08-18-2008 at 10:21 AM..

Old 08-15-2008, 08:05 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,658,447 times
I drive an 08 Toyota Highlander. Great smooth ride
Plus my bright yellow 05 Honda Helix scooter...I call it the canary. When I'm off riding I leave a note that says, "the canary and I are flying"

Old 08-15-2008, 08:15 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,674,705 times
2001 Chevy Tracker ZR2. It'll be paid off next spring. Hooray! Not very flashy, but then we aren't flashy people. It's functional. We can haul stuff in it. A lot better gas mileage (and more earth-friendly) than one of those monster SUVs.

We have a Virginia "Friends of Tibet" license plate, personalized with our initials. The tire cover is a yin-yang. Bumper stickers ...

-- A ribbon magnet that says "Support Peace." That gets 'em every time.
-- A sticker that says "Made in China" and has the red circle with the diagonal line going through it. We don't buy Chinese-made goods.
-- A pro-vegetarian sticker with a quote from Albert Scweitzer: "Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight."
-- A little peace symbol in the corner of the back window that says, underneath, "Respect Life."
-- An anti-littering sticker: "Keep your butt in the car. The earth is not your ashtray."
-- Three little round matching stickers from Seattle, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Rainier.
-- A little sticker that says "NATIVE," with the lower peninsula of Michigan taking the place of the "A" and the upper peninsula, turned on its side, taking the place of the "I."
-- A license plate frame that says "This truck climbed Mt. Washington." (Up in New Hampshire)
-- On the dash inside, my wife has a little Detroit Red Wings stuffed octopus. I have a Green Bay Packers foam-cheese football hanging from the rearview mirror.

We have a lot to say.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:38 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,681,277 times
2002 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab Z71 4X4 dark metallic green, my pickup truck.

Last edited by ptsum; 07-03-2009 at 05:09 PM..

Old 08-17-2008, 03:00 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,367,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
2002 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab Z71 4X4 dark metallic green, my pickup truck.
I had the regular two wheel drive Silverado extended cab a few years ago with the matching cover like yours. I have to admit it drove as good as any car I have ever had.
I don’t remember the mileage, but think it was close to 22 or 23 MPG. Not bad for a full size truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality