Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 05:26 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,292,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

What do you think I'm saying?

June's actually afraid to say what she thinks you're saying, for fear that you might actually say it!

Meaning...No coon for June. Unless it's being served at a wedding reception.

Say it isn't so, ILNC...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 05:27 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,421,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June's actually afraid to say what she thinks you're saying, for fear that you might actually say it!

Meaning...No coon for June. Unless it's being served at a wedding reception.

Say it isn't so, ILNC...
Sorry June, no coon for you unless you marry Montana

Old 08-08-2008, 05:49 PM

249 posts, read 532,388 times
Default “Hear this, O priests, and pay attention, O rulers, for with you people the judgment has to do..

Quote:
1 Corinthians 6:18-20 "Run away from sexual sin, no other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. Or don't you know that your body is the the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with you body".
Hmmm.. that's not what the Chinese Union Traditional Version says..

歌 林 多 前 書 6:18 (Chinese Union Version (Traditional))
你 們 要 逃 避 淫 行 。 人 所 犯 的 , 無 論 甚 麼 罪 , 都 在 身 子 以 外 , 惟 有 行 淫 的 , 是 得 罪 自 己 的 身 子 。

-

Translations can vary greatly..

Mine says something different too.

Have you considered the context these words are said in.. ?

I mean.. were they said in the context of a man's relationship to a woman.. ?

(The physical interpretation)

Or were they said in the context of mankind's relationship towards God.. ?

Mankind being a "body" of people.

(The spiritual interpretation)

---

“They have hired lovers. Also, although they keep hiring them among the nations, I shall now collect them together; and they will be a little while in severe pains because of the burden of their rulers and their judges.” - Hosea 8.9

---

Didn't the prophets refer to the leaders.. judges and priests as prostitutes.. because they were hiring themselves out and selling their services for only for money.. while the prophets lead.. judged and taught.. for free.. ?

----

“Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I, then, take the members of the Christ away and make them members of a harlot?

Never may that happen!

What! Do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body? For, "The two," says he, "will be one flesh." But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit.

Flee from fornication. Every other sin that a man may commit is outside his body, but he that practices fornication is sinning against his own body.

What! Do you not know that the body of you people is the temple of the holy spirit within you, which you have from God?”

1Cororinthians 6:15 – 19

-

So.. are we talking physically.. or spiritually here.. ?

And who were the prophets judging... really.. ?

For having a - SPIRIT - of fornication.

---

“Hear this, O priests, and pay attention, O rulers, and you O house of the king, give ear, for with you people the judgment has to do; because a trap is what you have become and as a net spread over the lands. You have treated woman like harlots; the nations have defiled themselves. Their dealings do not permit of a returning to their God, because there is a spirit of fornication in the midst of them; and God himself they have not acknowledged. With God himself they have dealt treacherously; for it is to strange sons that they have become a father.”

Hosea 5.1

-
Is it being unfaithful to God that matters.. according to what is written.. ?

Or is it about being unfaithful to a woman.. ?

-

Last edited by accelerator; 08-08-2008 at 06:08 PM..

Old 08-08-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:

Sorry June, no coon for you unless you marry Montana

But...but...but...

Old 08-08-2008, 06:02 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,943,606 times
The second part of the thread name makes me wonder how many people have had sex in a church

Old 08-08-2008, 06:15 PM

Default June's rebuttal:

Quote:

it violates the commitment necessary to a relationship

Okay. Let me understand this correctly!

Oh, and thank God my dear, sweet man is at his nephew's wedding this weekend (that's right folks: Montana's gunna be in a church this weekend!) so that by the time he gets back home, this thread will be wherever it's gone...

Now ILNC, here's the difficulty June has with that ^ statement of yours up above that she quoted:

Let's say (for sake of arguement, of course!) that June is having sex. June feels that it's pretty darn safe to assume that if she is having sex, that it means that she is in a relationship. As well, if June is in a relationship with someone, as she's having sex, then June is reasonably confident in saying that she's already in a commited relationship, at that! (Otherwise, June wouldn't be, well, you get the picture.) Furthermore, by June's definition of the above, that would imply that she loved the person.

So therefore, how would June's act d'amour be "violating the commitment necessary to a relationship?" --Because June just doesn't understand. (Once again, no big surprise there, eh?)

--But I am asking the question in all seriousness.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Okay. Let me understand this correctly!

Oh, and thank God my dear, sweet man is at his nephew's wedding this weekend (that's right folks: Montana's gunna be in a church this weekend!) so that by the time he gets back home, this thread will be wherever it's gone...

Now ILNC, here's the difficulty June has with that ^ statement of yours up above that she quoted:

Let's say (for sake of arguement, of course!) that June is having sex. June feels that it's pretty darn safe to assume that if she is having sex, that it means that she is in a relationship. As well, if June is in a relationship with someone, as she's having sex, then June is reasonably confident in saying that she's already in a commited relationship, at that! (Otherwise, June wouldn't be, well, you get the picture.) Furthermore, by June's definition of the above, that would imply that she loved the person.

So therefore, how would June's act d'amour be "violating the commitment necessary to a relationship?" --Because June just doesn't understand. (Once again, no big surprise there, eh?)

--But I am asking the question in all seriousness.
I'm talking about a marriage commitment.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:04 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,585,591 times
Some people in their own eyes see sex before marriage as Okay ,but in The eyes of God it is against His will. People who love one another in a comitted relationship both obey His will and love Him with all of their heart, they are united as one in a bond of marriage.

What one does behind close doors is their business and one can keep their immorality doings from the church,but God sees everything as He is omniscient and omnipresent,so we do not fool God as He sees everything that we do in our walk of life.

Last edited by noland123; 08-08-2008 at 07:50 PM..

Old 08-08-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:

I'm talking about a marriage commitment.

Oh.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Some people in their own eyes see sex before marriage as Okay ,but in The eyes of God it is against His will. People who love one another in a comitted relationship both obey His will and love Him with all of their heart, they are united as one in a bond of marriage.

What one does behind close doors is their busness and one can keep their immorality doings from the church,but God sees everything as He is omniscient and omnipresent,so we do not fool God as He sees everything that we do in our walk of life.
I agree 100%. God designed sex to take place inside a relationship called marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality