Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should I do??
Buy something she needs 0 0%
Buy something she wants 9 32.14%
Go on a "romantic getaway" (leaving the kids at home!) 18 64.29%
Go on a five day shopping spree together and then see if we want to stay together. 0 0%
Act as if nothing is happening. (Why is she giving me the Cold Shoulder?) 0 0%
Some tools (I sure could use a nice table saw)! 1 3.57%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:25 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,286,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Well, we're planning a "getaway", but like I mentioned, due to certain circumstances we'll have to put it off for a few weeks... I did get her 15 roses which, looking at the price, must have been imported from Scandinavia, raised on a diet of cream and sugar, professionally talked to every day, and brought here by horseback on land and rowboat across the Atlantic.

(She did like them, tho.)
Roses! Ah! June loves a man of good taste and distinction!

No doubt she cherishes them, as you cherish her. Be in love. Be happy!

Take gentle rose softened care...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 10:25 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,074,095 times
congratulations!!

5 years!! Now the real Work begins

have fun with what ever you decide to do!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,442,667 times
I suggest the best and sure fire way to get out of this predicament is to load your pockets and pants with all denominations of dollar bills. Then say to your wife "Baby I have thousands of dollars hidden all over my body. If you want them the are yours, but you gotta come and get them". Hopefully this will add some humor, fun and sexiness to the evening. Still take her out for dinner, dress up nice (don't forget to shower). Go to a real nice restaurant. Get some flowers (if your rushed most grocery stores have a small selection of flowers). Don't forget to hold the door open for her, open the door on the car for her, open the door at the restaurant. You don't have to book a getaway, but if you bring some brochures you can let her help you decide where you both would like to go. This will give you something to talk about during the dinner. You could also take the time to make a list of all the ways that your wife makes you happy or completes you. Or, you could remind her of some special time in your life like the first kiss, the first date, or the first trip to the hospital, because you fell head over heels for her and had to get stitches. Write it down. Your wife will not mind if you read it to her because she wants to know that you thought about your relationship with her. Also get her a card. Some cards have great prose and say what you can't. Just don't forget to add a few words of your own in pen (add more than "Love...). This makes the card more personal.

Overall, stick with some of the tried and true stuff and you wont go wrong, ie. flowers, dinner, being polite, cards and chocolate (lots of chocolate works wonders!)

Do not buy your wife anything with a motor or engine (except if it is a new car!). Do not buy her anything that will end up in the kitchen or the basement (that goes for wide sceened T.V.'s, believe me woman do not find them romantic). Do not buy her anything that will not make her feel appreciated and loved. Or, make her feel fat. That means no weight scales (even if they are electronic) or exercise equipemnet or gym memberships.

Do buy her anything that will make her feel loved, pampered, respected, needed, and nothing less than the love of your life. (That means don't look at the price tag, just bring it to the cashier and sign after you swipe the credit card).

Old 07-29-2008, 12:01 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,276,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I suggest the best and sure fire way to get out of this predicament is to load your pockets and pants with all denominations of dollar bills. Then say to your wife "Baby I have thousands of dollars hidden all over my body. If you want them the are yours, but you gotta come and get them". Hopefully this will add some humor, fun and sexiness to the evening.
LOL! The problem is, I need to first find the thousands of dollars!
Quote:
Still take her out for dinner, dress up nice (don't forget to shower). Go to a real nice restaurant.
Not done yet..
Quote:
Get some flowers (if your rushed most grocery stores have a small selection of flowers).
Done..
Quote:
Don't forget to hold the door open for her, open the door on the car for her, open the door at the restaurant.
Am doing!
Quote:
You don't have to book a getaway, but if you bring some brochures you can let her help you decide where you both would like to go. This will give you something to talk about during the dinner.
Are doing...
Quote:
You could also take the time to make a list of all the ways that your wife makes you happy or completes you. Or, you could remind her of some special time in your life like the first kiss, the first date, or the first trip to the hospital, because you fell head over heels for her and had to get stitches.
We did! (tho not in writing)
Quote:
Write it down. Your wife will not mind if you read it to her because she wants to know that you thought about your relationship with her.
Not done.. good idea!
Quote:
Also get her a card. Some cards have great prose and say what you can't. Just don't forget to add a few words of your own in pen (add more than "Love...). This makes the card more personal.
Done!

Quote:
Overall, stick with some of the tried and true stuff and you wont go wrong, ie. flowers, dinner, being polite, cards and chocolate (lots of chocolate works wonders!)
Don't I know it!
Quote:
Do not buy your wife anything with a motor or engine (except if it is a new car!). Do not buy her anything that will end up in the kitchen or the basement (that goes for wide sceened T.V.'s, believe me woman do not find them romantic). Do not buy her anything that will not make her feel appreciated and loved. Or, make her feel fat. That means no weight scales (even if they are electronic) or exercise equipemnet or gym memberships.
There goes my tools idea....
Quote:
Do buy her anything that will make her feel loved, pampered, respected, needed, and nothing less than the love of your life. (That means don't look at the price tag, just bring it to the cashier and sign after you swipe the credit card).
Lookin' for it!

Old 07-29-2008, 12:25 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,442,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
LOL! The problem is, I need to first find the thousands of dollars!
Not done yet..
Done..
Am doing!
Are doing...
We did! (tho not in writing)
Not done.. good idea!
Done!

Don't I know it!
There goes my tools idea....

Lookin' for it!
Avoid the temptation for tools at all cost! I know it is hard cg81, but you can do it.

Above all remember to have fun, this is the love of your life!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:46 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,791,820 times
Boy, I don't know how I missed this thread but I am so glad that I still have a chance to chime in....

A weekend away is without a doubt your best bet. However, it does not have to cost you a fortune. Oh, and before I forget, no sexy nighties!!!! All that says is, "this is not about you honey, it's all about me". (and you all know what I mean.) One of my favorite places to spend a weekend is at a hotel that is attached to a shopping mall. Why? Let's see, there's Starbuck's if I want coffee, restaurants if I am hungry, shopping if I can afford it and window shopping if I can't, there are usually nail salons and hair salons, I can always go to a make-up counter and get a 'free' make-over (we're talking budget here), I can spend time with or without my husband, I can sleep whenever I want and best of all...there are no kids to deal with.

Hope I have helped. This is from a women who has 5 kids, 4 of them under the age of 8. Believe me, your wife needs a weekend away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality