Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 03:34 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,893,217 times

Advertisements

'We have survived by hiding from them, and by running from them, but they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys, which means that sooner or later...someone is going to have to fight them.'

--Morpheus, The Matrix.

-------------------------

They call it 'spiritual warfare', but the only war being waged is one of attrition. The chosen weapons: hatred and disinformation.

The Gatekeepers, those who would wage this unwinnable war, refuse to seek compromise. To them, we are the enemy, plain and simple. A virus -- something to be eradicated, not pitied. Feared, not befriended.

Am I the enemy?

I pay my taxes, I report for work on time, and I help my friends when they need me.

Does that make me...the enemy?

The Gatekeepers call us 'predators', yet they themselves prey on the innocent and unknowing, filling the minds of the unwary with propaganda.

Still, we are the true victims. Our lives are changed, our children grow up to be cynical and distrustful, and all because they hear what the Gatekeepers are saying about us.

'Don't trust him, he'll kidnap your children'.

'She's a devil-worshipper, don't talk to her'.

'They want to sacrifice our children to Satan'.

Like Morpheous, like Neo, we have survived by hiding, and by running, but we are quickly being deprived of places to hide, and the roads that we run down are ever becoming shorter.

Well, no more running. I aim to misbehave. The Gatekeepers will not frighten me into silence, and they will not slaughter me as a predator kills its prey.

They call it 'spiritual warfare'.

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war.

-------------------------
'I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change.

I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you.

A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.'

-- Neo, The Matrix.

-------------------------------

Author's Note: I wrote this document several months ago, and it's languished in a dark corner of my hard-drive since.

It sounds sinister; it's really not. Here's my meaning in a nutshell (or, as we gamers like to call it, the 'TL;DR' (Too Long, Didn't Read) version):

As a pagan, and as a person, I am through hiding. My pentacle, once hidden beneath my shirt, now appears more often around my neck, visibly and without disguise.

If you find value in my writings, if you agree with the statement I'm trying to make, if you have ever felt as I do -- pass it on. Copy this document, add to it, draw inspiration from it; it matters not, for my message has now been deliverered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 03:43 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,239,057 times
I always come as I am, simply because I am who I am.
So it should not be a surprise that I am the chosen One; the new cyber messiah ( at least that's what I like to believe).

Quote:
Neo: I know kung fu.

The Matrix (1999)

Old 07-24-2008, 12:35 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
"A wee child toddling in a wonder world, I preferred to their dogma my excursions into the natural gardens where the voice of the Great Spirit is heard in the twittering of birds, the rippling of mighty waters, and the sweet breathing of flowers. If this is Paganism, then at present, I am a Pagan". -Zitkala-Sa

Old 07-24-2008, 01:04 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,441,333 times
Greetings Mr. Pagan,

You are welcome to rant on CD's R&P forum all you want. Please let us know what you believe in particular.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:06 PM

790 posts, read 4,020,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
"A wee child toddling in a wonder world, I preferred to their dogma my excursions into the natural gardens where the voice of the Great Spirit is heard in the twittering of birds, the rippling of mighty waters, and the sweet breathing of flowers. If this is Paganism, then at present, I am a Pagan". -Zitkala-Sa
Beautiful!

Attached Thumbnails
A Declaration of Intent (Warning!  RANT ahead!)-zitsa5.jpg   A Declaration of Intent (Warning!  RANT ahead!)-zitsa2.jpg   A Declaration of Intent (Warning!  RANT ahead!)-zitsa1.jpg  

Last edited by rubyskye; 07-24-2008 at 01:18 PM..

Old 07-24-2008, 01:19 PM

790 posts, read 4,020,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Greetings Mr. Pagan,

You are welcome to rant on CD's R&P forum all you want. Please let us know what you believe in particular.
There is life beyond belief.
I call it reality.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:59 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,621,016 times
Hey there,
The battlefield is the mind. You are experiencing an emotional breakthrough. There are many more to come.

blessings,
- Byron

Old 07-24-2008, 03:11 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,344,758 times
"A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible."

Sounds like what I imagine heaven to be.
Maybe tough to get there on this plane though.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:16 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,893,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
"A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible."

Sounds like what I imagine heaven to be.
Maybe tough to get there on this plane though.
Maybe so, but in my mind, we don't have to change the world -- just our little piece of it.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:12 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,280,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post

without borders or boundaries. where anything is possible.

^ The mind and the heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality