Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:36 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,599,228 times

Advertisements

Alpha, I got an email from them yesterday saying that they were getting an updated list of the organic churches and it would be ready by the end of month or first of August..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 12:42 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,926,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Alpha, I got an email from them yesterday saying that they were getting an updated list of the organic churches and it would be ready by the end of month or first of August..
Ironically, I just got the same email about an hour ago myself!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:36 PM

8,002 posts, read 12,335,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post

I'd be glad to pick it up again!

As the one, lone atheist participant, () June would be more than happy to complete the book, but is better doing so when others are there to "assist" her in her while reading...It helps to clarify things for her, along with the fact that she likes to read other's input, as well.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:50 PM

599 posts, read 1,263,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I did but haven't heard anything yet.

Have you?
No I haven't but I just emailed yesterday. The website does say that they have been inundated with requests for information and to expect a several day wait before I would hear back. I found that quite interesting....must mean the book has had an impact on more than just a few people .

Old 07-15-2008, 04:11 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,731,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA
So, now what do we do with this new information? I got on the website mentioned in the book, House Church Resource - Resources for House Churches and Organic Church Life - Serving the House Church Movement, and sent an email to them letting them know that I am interested in finding out if there are others in my area who want to find a house church. Has anyone else done the same thing? Do you know of house churches that already meet in your area?
Whoo weeee..... what a day...
Been doing honey dooo's today.
Ok, I received my email on 7/12/08 and it sounds like the one everyone else has received.
And no, I haven't heard back about a home church is in my area yet either.
I have a feeling since this book has been such a turn over, they are getting bombarded with emails wanting to locate one! So I'm waiting patiently!!
Yes, I think it would be a wonderful thing to continue in conversing one to another about the book.
It just seems so that the Lord is moving in this!!!

Blessings

Old 07-15-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Whoo weeee..... what a day...
Been doing honey dooo's today.
Ok, I received my email on 7/12/08 and it sounds like the one everyone else has received.
And no, I haven't heard back about a home church is in my area yet either.
I have a feeling since this book has been such a turn over, they are getting bombarded with emails wanting to locate one! So I'm waiting patiently!!
Yes, I think it would be a wonderful thing to continue in conversing one to another about the book.
It just seems so that the Lord is moving in this!!!

Blessings
I agree! The fact that I am so open to the idea of changing the way I have "done church" for the past 40 some odd years tells me that it's definately a move of the Lord in my heart.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:41 PM

Ok people....anyone have any additional thoughts they want to share on the book? Have you read anything more, June, that you may have questions on? Alpha, have you finished the book?

Old 07-20-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
Ok people....anyone have any additional thoughts they want to share on the book? Have you read anything more, June, that you may have questions on? Alpha, have you finished the book?
June has been so bogged down with work and "life" in general that she's not read anything in weeks. Literally. Anything. I DO want to finish the book, though. It's more a matter of self-discipline, and making the time.

(Are Alpha and I the only ones who haven't finished it yet?)

Old 07-20-2008, 07:14 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,599,228 times
June, I finished that book a long time ago and the next two by the author..Each book seems to be better than the one before..Deb, didn't you order "Reimaging the church"..This is definitely the best of the series..Tells exactly what goes on in the meetings..AWESOME!

Old 07-20-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post

June, I finished that book a long time ago and the next two by the author..
No, wait! June has been sloooooowly plodding her way through a book on (okay, brace yourselves here) spirituality. In part because she is running a group on "Spirituality" in one of our programs at work. (Hey, someone had to do it.)

--But even that is taking me time to get through...June has so little time, so little brain functioning these days...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality