Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:18 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I really don't want to get anyone riled up over the question, I realize that many people have strong feelings about this issue but I do think it would be a very different situation if there was a serious medical problem in which the baby was certain to be born with severe abnormalities that would cause suffering for the baby and psychological trauma for the parents not to mention the financial burden. I think the parents would need to assess how serious it was with their doctors and do some hard thinking about the matter. Of course children are born with certain abnormalities all of the time but their parents love them and take care of them. I think it would be a very difficult decision and I honestly don't know how I would react to it. What do you think?
Doctors have misdiagnosed, so absolutely NOOOOOOOO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 11:29 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
There was a young kid ,who was diagnosed with a kidney ailment and wasn't gven much of a chance to live and was told to take it easy by doctors,his name was Paul Anderson and he grew up to be the strongest man in the world and led thoousands upon thousands of people to the Lord as an evangelist. So you never know what God has planned for individuals.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:10 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
There was a young kid ,who was diagnosed with a kidney ailment and wasn't gven much of a chance to live and was told to take it easy by doctors,his name was Paul Anderson and he grew up to be the strongest man in the world and led thoousands upon thousands of people to the Lord as an evangelist. So you never know what God has planned for individuals.
It can go either way though.
Apparently Hitler's mom wanted to abort but the father made her keep him.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:13 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Abortion is never an easy decision. But it is available for one to have the option if they chose, regardless of the circumstance ie rape, incest, abnormality in the baby, capability of the mother, safety of the mother/baby, ect...

No matter what the reason it is always the woman's right to choose and therefore always acceptable. Who are we to pass judgement to say when it's acceptable and when it's not?

Old 07-12-2008, 12:32 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
>>>>>
Doctors have misdiagnosed, so absolutely NOOOOOOOO!
<<<<<

Absolutely correct Juj. There are too many folks that are alive and well today that doctors had incorrectly misdiagnosed as defective in the womb.

>>>>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Abortion is never an easy decision. But it is available for one to have the option if they chose, regardless of the circumstance ie rape, incest, abnormality in the baby, capability of the mother, safety of the mother/baby, ect...

No matter what the reason it is always the woman's right to choose and therefore always acceptable. Who are we to pass judgement to say when it's acceptable and when it's not?
<<<<<

Wrong. What about the rights of the child/person forming in the woman's womb? The weakest person in the scenario is the child forming inside the woman; we should do all we can to protect and honor the weaker party of the pair. There are clearly universal absolutes that mankind adheres to. Since the beginning of time man (when properly considering the rights of others) has always maintained that weaker individuals should be protected and had their rights upheld.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:44 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Is it possible not to see birth defects before a baby is born? This one couple I saw on cable had this child which was hideously deformed. The program was called Baby without a Face. I mean it was beyond words and I've seen some awful stuff. What do you do with a baby born like that? She couldn't hear, speak or eat. I'd personally want it Euphanized for the sake of the baby. The religious couple made it go thru numerous painful and tortuous procedures over and over not only to make her look "normal" but the procedures were necessary as well. Imagine doctors taking apart your face and putting it back together and repeating this over and over again. All for what? So you could look a different kind of hideous? Where were the rights of the child in this situation? There is life and then there is quality of life. When you're choosing not to abort you're not doing it for the baby you're doing it for yourself.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:28 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
My sister was born with a huge tumor attached to one side of her face, it was actually the undevoped fetus of what would have been a twin. She's had many surgeries at the Mayo Clinic as she was growing up and she's led a very difficult life and yet she's the most loving and caring individual I think I've ever known and she's highly intelligent, has a Master's Degree and teaches in Guadalajara, Mexico. I can't even imagine the idea of thinking she should have been aborted so I can understand some of the other posts and the feelings behind them.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:00 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerborn2008 View Post
Wrong. What about the rights of the child/person forming in the woman's womb? The weakest person in the scenario is the child forming inside the woman; we should do all we can to protect and honor the weaker party of the pair. There are clearly universal absolutes that mankind adheres to. Since the beginning of time man (when properly considering the rights of others) has always maintained that weaker individuals should be protected and had their rights upheld.

Who are you to say that I'm wrong?

You state your OPINION, sorry to dissapoint you but it's not fact.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:06 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times
Today I went to my friend's mum's friend's house and met a girl suffering from cerebral palsy, lovely girl. What a flirt she was.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:34 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Today I went to my friend's mum's friend's house and met a girl suffering from cerebral palsy, lovely girl. What a flirt she was.

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v287/82/80/562795586/n562795586_3455797_4173.jpg (broken link)

I can see why she was being flirty with you

My son was dx as probably cp, luckily he didn't have it. It is such a roll of the dice with premies.....

Last edited by camping!; 07-12-2008 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: a
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality