Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 10:43 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,464,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
But there can be no intersection between homosexuality and God because God doesn't condone homosexuality. How can they preach and teach the Bible knowing they are in direct violation of what God has ordained? Ministers are supposed to be called by God to preach; if they are homosexual then whatever urge they feel to be a minister is not coming from God's will but their own.
You are exactly right. These churches who are condoning this behavior which is in direct violation of God's word will be held more accountable for their actions.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:45 PM

242 posts, read 194,249 times
Quote:
But there can be no intersection between homosexuality and God because God doesn't condone homosexuality. How can they preach and teach the Bible knowing they are in direct violation of what God has ordained? Ministers are supposed to be called by God to preach; if they are homosexual then whatever urge they feel to be a minister is not coming from God's will but their own.
I noted that the post marks an intersection between homosexuality and Christianity as reported by the OP regarding the Presbyterian Church. That's what this thread is about, and that's what I was alluding to.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:58 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,436,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
I noted that the post marks an intersection between homosexuality and Christianity as reported by the OP regarding the Presbyterian Church. That's what this thread is about, and that's what I was alluding to.
Yes, I am quite capable of reading and despite what you were alluding to or what the post you are referring is trying to say there can be no intersection between homosexuality and God. If they want to have homosexual ministers then they are no following the will of God and are no longer a church by God's definition.

There can be no progress on God's word; it does not change; it does not allow room for compromise or negotiation. You either live by it or you don't but you can't live by parts of it and then expect to lead people into His kingdom.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:02 PM

242 posts, read 194,249 times
Quote:
Yes, I am quite capable of reading and despite what you were alluding to or what the post you are referring is trying to say there can be no intersection between homosexuality and God. If they want to have homosexual ministers then they are no following the will of God and are no longer a church by God's definition.

There can be no progress on God's word; it does not change; it does not allow room for compromise or negotiation. You either live by it or you don't but you can't live by parts of it and then expect to lead people into His kingdom.
Whatever, sweetie. Something seems to be bugging you, and I'm not quite sure what that is. I got your original point, and I'm not arguing with you.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:41 AM

20,395 posts, read 20,063,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
I think you have an agenda, doc.
Don't you? Doesn't just about everyone, but the most apethetic, have an agenda? So what?

Old 06-29-2008, 05:48 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,898,982 times
I would like to be a fly on the wall when the first gay pastor reads these classic bible quotes.

[SIZE=2]Lev. 18:22[/SIZE][SIZE=2], "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them" [/SIZE]

Old 06-29-2008, 05:48 AM

20,395 posts, read 20,063,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
We are talking about within Christianity here. Why does this matter to atheists so much anyways?
Because it's one group of people that you can bash to your heart's content and still remain doggedly, rigidly and santimoniously PC.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:31 AM

5,760 posts, read 8,096,443 times
Great example of the need for more conscientious effort to assure separation of church and state. Who gives a flip what some conservative sects say about homosexual marriage. If they don't want to marry gays in their church, that fine. We're talking about the state blocking homosexual marriage. A religious argument that somebody's interpretation is that God is opposed to it doesn't mean spit.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:35 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,464,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Great example of the need for more conscientious effort to assure separation of church and state. Who gives a flip what some conservative sects say about homosexual marriage. If they don't want to marry gays in their church, that fine. We're talking about the state blocking homosexual marriage. A religious argument that somebody's interpretation is that God is opposed to it doesn't mean spit.
I believe the thread was titled "Churches Finally Allowing GAY Ministers!" I don't think there was any mention of the poster talking about the state blocking homosexual marriage.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:29 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,616,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
True. But there are lots of other forums you can post. But you are attracted to these and I believe you are still searching. Just my opinion.
You're entitled to your opinion, which in this case happens to be wrong. If I were really searching, don't you think I'd be checking out the religion forum? Try not to condescend me, I know what I believe & don't believe. I've made it the ripe old age of 37 & I still hold these beliefs so apparently I'm doing something right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality