Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:34 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
moonsavvy, wouldn't it be nice if that were so, that would make this place heaven on earth because everybody would get along, however I don't think that that is what the Creator had in mind, because he created us with free will and we have surely taken advantage of that. Now if we can only learn to respect one another regardless of our different beliefs, then maybe we could learn to get along with each other. We can only hope. osay
Yes this is what I was saying. I think many people think that if we all believe the same thing we will have peace. I don't think that so, same belief's, but conflict will still arise. However the respect of another's belief's is what I believe will bring peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 03:37 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,538 times
Smile Here's another good one.

What if we truly all wanted the same things, for ourselves and each other. I believe in something called the "law of expectancy" Which basically breaks down as if you believe, and I mean truly believe something good is going to happen to you, it will. I have experienced this at work personally, and it is down right uncanny how well it seems to work. The same rule applies to bad things as well. We have all heard the saying "If you go looking for trouble, it will find you" This is true, even if you weren't literally looking for trouble. If you are having a hard time and all you ever do is expect something else bad to happen, nine times out of ten it will. And most just chalk it up to bad luck, but I just see expectancy at work. I know some won't believe a word of this but try it yourselves and see. That good thing that comes might not be exactly what you thought, but I swear it works almost every time! So the point of my writings above is simply that maybe if we all truly believed in something together, it may come to pass. We are creatures of pure energy, and if we all concentrate some of that energy into wanting good things to happen, it most certainly will. I believe we have far more control over this world than at first meets the eye. And if we all just come together and truly want and expect the best for everyone, it would come to pass.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
What if we truly all wanted the same things, for ourselves and each other. I believe in something called the "law of expectancy" Which basically breaks down as if you believe, and I mean truly believe something good is going to happen to you, it will. I have experienced this at work personally, and it is down right uncanny how well it seems to work. The same rule applies to bad things as well. We have all heard the saying "If you go looking for trouble, it will find you" This is true, even if you weren't literally looking for trouble. If you are having a hard time and all you ever do is expect something else bad to happen, nine times out of ten it will. And most just chalk it up to bad luck, but I just see expectancy at work. I know some won't believe a word of this but try it yourselves and see. That good thing that comes might not be exactly what you thought, but I swear it works almost every time! So the point of my writings above is simply that maybe if we all truly believed in something together, it may come to pass. We are creatures of pure energy, and if we all concentrate some of that energy into wanting good things to happen, it most certainly will. I believe we have far more control over this world than at first meets the eye. And if we all just come together and truly want and expect the best for everyone, it would come to pass.
Yes I believe you!! The law of attraction is of equal value, training our minds to believe with the emotion is where the "magic" lies. Some of the oldest laws of nature are still secret to many humans due to ancient government act's of hiding and misleading the masses so that they would remain in power and control. Human's use less than 10% of their minds? We really have no idea how powerful we really are, thoughts create reality. Now that's pretty miraculous! Thanks for the reminder, it's easy to get caught up int the stresses of everyday. Thank you again. Namaste.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:14 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Yes I believe you!! The law of attraction is of equal value, training our minds to believe with the emotion is where the "magic" lies. Some of the oldest laws of nature are still secret to many humans due to ancient government act's of hiding and misleading the masses so that they would remain in power and control. Human's use less than 10% of their minds? We really have no idea how powerful we really are, thoughts create reality. Now that's pretty miraculous! Thanks for the reminder, it's easy to get caught up int the stresses of everyday. Thank you again. Namaste.
Just really glad someone else out there knows what I am talking about. I half expected to get labeled a nut job right off the bat. Thank you for lending some credibility!

Old 06-27-2008, 05:18 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
moonsavvy, wouldn't it be nice if that were so, that would make this place heaven on earth because everybody would get along, however I don't think that that is what the Creator had in mind, because he created us with free will and we have surely taken advantage of that. Now if we can only learn to respect one another regardless of our different beliefs, then maybe we could learn to get along with each other. We can only hope. osay
This is very true dear friend, but in my opinion just hoping is not enough, we have to work towards this ideal starting with ourselves and trying to be as tolerant and respectful of other beliefs as possible, and also be humble and accept that we are human, make mistakes and accept positive criticism from others.

Namaste

Old 06-28-2008, 02:45 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,060 times
A friend of mine had a girlfriend who left him after 6 weeks. When she dumped him he asked her why and she said: Because you are so boring, you are always agreeing with everything I say.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:31 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,343,744 times
There would still be sin. Man is flawed. That is undeniable. Unless you know someone perfect? So even if the entire world believed the same thing, there would still be all of the things that exist in the world today. No matter what belief they held.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:42 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,229,511 times
We all already believe in the same thing namely love.
The thing is that we do not all love in the same way.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
We all already believe in the same thing namely love.
The thing is that we do not all love in the same way.
Oh I like that, thanks.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:35 AM

401 posts, read 685,362 times
My pursuit isn't unity it is finding the truth, because you can be united with a lie. The people in the Heaven's Gate cult were united and they all ended up dead!
There are two main types of truths.
Some beliefs depend on you and you alone for truth, for example. I believe chocolate cheesecake taste divine. Many would disagree with me so it is true for me but not for them.

But some truths are true even if you don't believe them
for example some people don't believe that viruses are real, but even though they believe that illness is imaginary they still get sick, and their beliefs cause them to not go to the doctor and they often die. If they had gotten to the Doctor in time they would have lived. Their wrong belief killed them!

What we need to discover is religion just like dessert, you can have one and I will have another, or is it the kind of truth that can hurt you if you get it wrong?

If it is the second type of truth that can hurt if you get it wrong we need to actively search for the truth, and if we care about others we need to help them discover the truth as well.

I believe we need to respect all people, but we do not need to respect all beliefs, some beliefs like Nazism are clearly wrong and should NEVER be respected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality