Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:57 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,390,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GausJAMS View Post
It's not the "I'm scared of Him fear"
There is no other kind of fear. Fear is fear.

Quote:
- it's more like a reverance and acknowledgement of His position and authority over all things. knowing that it is He who gives life or takes it away (allows it to be taken away).
That's not fear. That's reverence, respect, etc. Fear means being scared.
I can't fear any god. The stories just don't scare me. That's part of why I am a non-believer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 01:22 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,486,430 times
I always try to follow the Word,even though most of my life has been a confusing hell.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:33 AM

246 posts, read 649,880 times
Default Faith had everything to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by GausJAMSDid Jesus then fear God?

So faith has nothing to do with free will?
Or are you really saying that Jesus had absolutely no choice in the matter?
The best thing to do when confused is to seek the Lord, through His Spirit to clarify any unclear areas.

Bu,Of course, (IMO) Faith had everything to do with it. Jesus had a choice, but He being God incarnate, knew His Fathers will and desired to fulfill it - desired to fulfill what His Father had entrusted Him to do, by the Holy Spirit's power through Him. Just like we should seek His will and want to do it. NOt feel obligated or threatened. It should be out of love for God, that we obey and heed His call on our lives.

(But, Jesus was fully God that became Man and we as ordinary humans can never know what that was like.)

Old 05-30-2008, 10:41 AM

Default look it up, dear! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
There is no other kind of fear. Fear is fear.

That's not fear. That's reverence, respect, etc. Fear means being scared.
I can't fear any god. The stories just don't scare me. That's part of why I am a non-believer.
Actually, in the websters expanded dictionary, part of the definition of Fear is, "filial* regard mingled with awe; reverence..." of course, the other art does refer to being scared.

*Filial means pertaining to or becoming a son or a daughter - cool!

I think, that we should be scared if we don't know who we are in Christ or where/with who our destiny and salvation/freedom/safety/security lie. It is a very scary place to be out of the will of God or deny Him. However, it is truly an awesome and humbling pace to know that the Creator, who knows my very inner most being, the good and bad and ugly, still chooses to allow me to live and not die and keep me and actuallybless me, beyond expectation. His Grace is truly sufficient.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:45 AM

Default define confusing :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I always try to follow the Word,even though most of my life has been a confusing hell.
If you really mean confusing (unlcear and jumbled) instead of amazing and unpredictable and a mystery how it's all worked, then can I say...

Confusion is not from God - it comes from the enemy trying to trip you up and delay God's blessings or keep you from knowing His will for your life. Stand against it and claim that you have a mind of Christ.

Everything works together for the good of those who love Him and do His will.

Ask The Holy Spirit to clear things up fo ryou and show you The will of The Father and He will. Ask for Revelation to see and understand how everything has lead up to where you are today, this very moment and ask for direction on where to go from here. You'll be amazed at how much The Lord will show you.

Blessings to you

Old 05-30-2008, 10:55 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,249,752 times
Originally Posted by GausJAMS
Quote:
(But, Jesus was fully God that became Man and we as ordinary humans can never know what that was like.)
I'm sorry but the belief that Jesus = Christ= God is only a dogma to me.
But my question remains: does Jesus fear God?

Quote:
Faith had everything to do with it. Jesus had a choice, but He being God incarnate, knew His Fathers will and desired to fulfill it - desired to fulfill what His Father had entrusted Him to do, by the Holy Spirit's power through Him.
This is illogical, if you are truly omniscient and want to do the right thing you will know the best option available, and thus you only have 1 option (the best option), but only having 1 option is having no option.

When it comes to being me I have no option, because only 1 action defines me the best so trying to be me is actually only having 1 option, the option to be true to myself.
I guess that Jesus only has the choice to be true to himself; to be Jesus or not to be Jesus.
Jesus could say no to God, but this would make him feel a hypocrite.
God never forced Jesus to do anything he did not want to do.
If He did it would be equal to rape, which is not love.
Love only asks and never demands and / or forces.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:15 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,486,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GausJAMS View Post
If you really mean confusing (unlcear and jumbled) instead of amazing and unpredictable and a mystery how it's all worked, then can I say...

Confusion is not from God - it comes from the enemy trying to trip you up and delay God's blessings or keep you from knowing His will for your life. Stand against it and claim that you have a mind of Christ.

Everything works together for the good of those who love Him and do His will.

Ask The Holy Spirit to clear things up fo ryou and show you The will of The Father and He will. Ask for Revelation to see and understand how everything has lead up to where you are today, this very moment and ask for direction on where to go from here. You'll be amazed at how much The Lord will show you.

Blessings to you
Thanks alot.

Nah I've been down the road for quite a few years now and I know what the deal is. Perhaps you had it when you said it's more unpredictable than anything else. Most times things just don't make sense as they should.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:16 AM

T.D - perfect love casts out all fear - the only perfect love we know is The FAther's (who gave His only Son fo us) and Jesus, The Son, who gave His life for us.

No, Jesus didn't fear God - that would be like Fearing Himself. He knew God and loved God and they had perfect unity. But, I believe that He certainly could've chosen to have the Father "save" Him, but His love and unselfishness far surpassed His own fleshly desires.

I'd really like to know - do you really want to hear others opinions, and find answers or are you trying to exalt yourself and your talents of debate?

Why not stop running in circles and over analyzing ever little thing and really open your heart and see what poster are saying - the hear tof the message. In fact, one could pick apart any poster's message, line by line and miss out totally on the message/ the intent. why not just take it as a whole and perhaps find a way to get over one small point that might have been said incorrectly, according to your perceptions, and see the whole. I think just because we know someone disagrees with our viewpoint, then we try to pick apart and take out of context what they are saying overall.

In your post, you stated,"God never forced Jesus to do anything he did not want to do.
If He did it would be equal to rape, which is not love.
Love only asks and never demands and / or forces."

So, then why do you say Jesus had to do what He did? He loved God and loved Us humans. He chose to lay down His life for us and it was all about love. Like a child loves his/her parent and wants to please them (very basically). Or, like a soldier loves His country and His freedoms and is willing to fight and perhaps die to protect them.

But, are we kinda getting OT? Anyway, I've enjoyed conversing. I am so thankful that my mind doesn't work like yours! I think if it did I'd probably drive myself to insanity~ ha!

Last edited by GausJAMS; 05-30-2008 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-30-2008, 12:25 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,249,752 times
Originally Posted by GausJAMS
Quote:
No, Jesus didn't fear God - that would be like Fearing Himself.
But it is possible to fear yourself, or at least to fear your action.

Quote:
T.D - perfect love casts out all fear
Perfect love? Love is love, perfection is an illusion.

Quote:
I think just because we know someone disagrees with our viewpoint, then we try to pick apart and take out of context what they are saying overall.
What you call overanalysing is normal for me. To ask me to stop overanalysing is the same as asking me to be dumb down or be less intelligent.
I'm used to analyse my own thoughtproces, it has become 2nd nature to me.
So my mind is also used to race at 70 mph (relatively speaking).

Quote:
So, then why do you say Jesus had to do what He did?
Because otherwise Jesus would not practice what he preached.
Telling his followers to turn the other cheek but not doing this himself is being a hypocrite. I do not consider Jesus any different from leaders like Martin Luther King JR, Ghandi or the 14th Dalai Lama.
To me Jesus is just a man and not a superman or demigod.

Quote:
But, are we kinda getting OT? Anyway, I've enjoyed conversing. I am so thankful that my mind doesn't work like yours!
To each his own.
I like exchanging ideas, not that we have to agree on them.

Quote:
I think if it did I'd probably drive myself to insanity~ ha!
Been there (not that it was by choice).
It was like going through hell and back.
I would not advise it to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality