Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:03 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,510,916 times

Advertisements

why is no one talking about this movie??
for anyone who is interested in watching, here is the link. i was told it keeps getting taken ff of utube.

Zeitgeist - The Movie (http://zeitgeistmovie.com/main.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 11:02 AM

33,575 posts, read 37,209,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
for anyone who is interested in watching, here is the link. i was told it keeps getting taken ff of utube.

I've seen it....Great if you like conspiracy theories.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:47 AM

790 posts, read 4,022,738 times
Quote:

Kind of mind blowing isn't it?
The beginning was an interesting presentation regarding belief, indoctrination, etc.
And regardless of whether or not it's true (i was totally convinced after seeing the film but then stepped back and questioned), there's no denying that those "powers that be" are naughty, naughty, naughty!!!
I watched it last summer. I think there was alot of buzz about it when it first hit the internet.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:26 PM

285 posts, read 535,918 times
the movie is fine up to the 911 stuff.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:39 PM

you dont believe what they say about 911? i have seen the same things mentioned before about that day. what dont you believe? just want some opinions--these questions are directed to anyone/everyone...
i was watching the movie and in part one i was amused, in part 2, i was crying and in part 3 i was angry. now i just dont know what to believe. i feel like "they" (the politicians, bankers, etc) are just waiting for us to either plead insanity or will just do what they want since most people dont believe this movie.
what do you feel about the amero and the no borders in north america part? call me stupid, but i didnt realize the intention of the european union. i figured it would unify. but the movie shed a different light, that it will promote absolute power...
after i watched the movie i had a fire in me that wanted to yell to the world. but then i stopped because who in the world would believe it? and even if they did, the movie doesnt tell us what we could of should do about it.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:33 AM

1,565 posts, read 4,315,961 times
Quote:
you dont believe what they say about 911? i have seen the same things mentioned before about that day. what dont you believe? just want some opinions--these questions are directed to anyone/everyone...
i was watching the movie and in part one i was amused, in part 2, i was crying and in part 3 i was angry. now i just dont know what to believe. i feel like "they" (the politicians, bankers, etc) are just waiting for us to either plead insanity or will just do what they want since most people dont believe this movie.
what do you feel about the amero and the no borders in north america part? call me stupid, but i didnt realize the intention of the european union. i figured it would unify. but the movie shed a different light, that it will promote absolute power...
after i watched the movie i had a fire in me that wanted to yell to the world. but then i stopped because who in the world would believe it? and even if they did, the movie doesnt tell us what we could of should do about it.
I really don't have much in the way of objections of merging with canada, since economically, politically, and socially, (and also language) we are relatively on the same level, with a few diffrences.

With mexico on the otherhand would drag us down economically fairly significantly, not to mention we'd have all their crime problems.

I think we should just bring back the english empire, minus the king and instead have democracy.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:15 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,447,341 times
imho the first chapter is totally wrong although is based on true information, but it's put in a wrong and misleading way, if anyone is interested you should check this website.

The Sirius Research Group

Articles from the Sirius Research Group (http://siriusresearchgroup.com/articles/index.shtml - broken link)

Precession - What is that?

regarding the other chapters, I believe that some truth is there but not everything, I don't believe our future is so bleak

Old 04-22-2008, 05:04 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,364,595 times
Quote:

I had never seen it, but found it interesting. I will need to go back and look up a lot of the first half data before I discuss it, but if true (Big IF) it would sure shine a bright light on religion as we see it today.
I have heard and read the 911 issue prior to seeing it in the movie. I rejected it than, and still do. Reports on the 911 issues listed extreme temperatures in the central shafts in the building caused by blast furnace like conditions with the burning jet fuel. Steel that melts and forms pools at the base of the shafts show the steel support in the center of the building gave way due to heat not bombs. With the central supports gone, and extreme heat breaking down the concrete the building would fall inward just like it did.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:11 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,999,804 times
I love this, and emailed it to many.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I had never seen it, but found it interesting. I will need to go back and look up a lot of the first half data before I discuss it, but if true (Big IF) it would sure shine a bright light on religion as we see it today.
I have heard and read the 911 issue prior to seeing it in the movie. I rejected it than, and still do. Reports on the 911 issues listed extreme temperatures in the central shafts in the building caused by blast furnace like conditions with the burning jet fuel. Steel that melts and forms pools at the base of the shafts show the steel support in the center of the building gave way due to heat not bombs. With the central supports gone, and extreme heat breaking down the concrete the building would fall inward just like it did.
but didnt the engineers who built the buildings say they were built to withstand even planes? and what about the bombs everyone said they heard from underneath? this movie is not the first time i heard that.
why would the building have free fallen that way if they were hit only from the top? they would have been ruins, but would not have fallen into dust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality