Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 10:24 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,895,650 times

Advertisements

Jeff, look...

Cards on the table time -- whatever your religion, the obvious fact is that the business boom that the Ark Encounter promised hasn't occurred. Business may have increased, yes, but an 'increase' is not a 'boom'.

Ken Ham signed the documents. Ken Ham provided the attendance estimates. Ken Ham (and the city) expected business to take off. And now that it hasn't, Ken Ham is blaming everyone but himself for the failure to deliver.

'It's the athiests that make people stay away', he cries, forgetting that it was he, not atheists or secularists or whatever his bete noir is this time that put pen to paper and made those estimates.

And still, Ken Ham blames the atheists. Because it can't possibly be his attendance estimates that are wrong, so it must be those god-hatin' atheist humanist jerks!

According to Ham, it's not his possibly-overly-optimistic attendance expectations, it's not that people might come purely 'to see the Ark' without staying in town, it's not that attendance was good-but-not-good-enough (which, let's face it, has often been the fate of long-since-closed tourist attractions)...

It's all the atheists' fault.

At this point, most of us don't care if the Ark sinks or swims (as it were). Certainly, I'm not cheering for the Ark Encounter to go bust and put everyone out of work, but if it happens, it happens and there's not a lot I can do.

We just want Ken Ham to have the humility to admit that he might have messed up, instead of trying to scapegoat everyone he hates most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 10:43 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,755,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Jeff, look...

Cards on the table time -- whatever your religion, the obvious fact is that the business boom that the Ark Encounter promised hasn't occurred. Business may have increased, yes, but an 'increase' is not a 'boom'.
You do realize that a "boom" doesn't happen overnight. Infrastructure has to change. This could take years, but all signs show that the increase will only continue. Hotels were even booked up for months. Realistically, what more do you expect for a park that's only been open a little over a year?

Quote:

Ken Ham signed the documents. Ken Ham provided the attendance estimates. Ken Ham (and the city) expected business to take off. And now that it hasn't, Ken Ham is blaming everyone but himself for the failure to deliver.

'It's the athiests that make people stay away', he cries, forgetting that it was he, not atheists or secularists or whatever his bete noir is this time that put pen to paper and made those estimates.

And still, Ken Ham blames the atheists. Because it can't possibly be his attendance estimates that are wrong, so it must be those god-hatin' atheist humanist jerks!
He has a right to blame them since they have been an enemy of the park since day one. If this was a salute to Darwin park, you would be cheering it to high heaven.

Quote:

According to Ham, it's not his possibly-overly-optimistic attendance expectations, it's not that people might come purely 'to see the Ark' without staying in town, it's not that attendance was good-but-not-good-enough (which, let's face it, has often been the fate of long-since-closed tourist attractions)...

It's all the atheists' fault.

Again, how can they stay in town if there are NO HOTELS? Wow, it really is like trying to nail a piece of jello. No matter how concrete the evidence is right in front of your face, you still deny reality. The one hotel in the local town has reported being booked for months. That's not a sign of failure. Here is one local restaurant who said the Ark crowds have doubled their business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uW-bPL2duU

Quote:

At this point, most of us don't care if the Ark sinks or swims (as it were). Certainly, I'm not cheering for the Ark Encounter to go bust and put everyone out of work, but if it happens, it happens and there's not a lot I can do.

We just want Ken Ham to have the humility to admit that he might have messed up, instead of trying to scapegoat everyone he hates most.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't be raising such a big stink about it in these threads.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yes it's very pathetic that there are no reliable figures on actual attendance at Ark Encounter.
Wait all you want...there will be no second coming of your man invented Christ.

As far as finding reliable figures on the actual attendance...good luck finding it.

The fact that you failed to understand not a single one of the news reports about the financial blunders this attraction has generated is your problem not mine. If you can't draw a logical conclusion from the multiple financial blunders that demonstrate that this attraction is not as successful as Ken boasted it would be, then that's on you, not me.
You are the one who claimed boldly that the park has been an epic financial failure. For ONCE JUST ONCE, PROVE IT instead of weaseling out and putting it back on me.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:50 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,278,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You are the one who claimed boldly that the park has been an epic financial failure. For ONCE JUST ONCE, PROVE IT instead of weaseling out and putting it back on me.
Yawning again...

I suggest you spend time on post #6. You'll find what your looking for there.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:24 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,895,650 times
Quote:
You do realize that a "boom" doesn't happen overnight. Infrastructure has to change. This could take years, but all signs show that the increase will only continue. Hotels were even booked up for months. Realistically, what more do you expect for a park that's only been open a little over a year?
I wouldn't expect Walt Disney to blame the Pirates of the Carribean ride's malfunctions on the park's visitors.

Quote:
He has a right to blame them since they have been an enemy of the park since day one. If this was a salute to Darwin park, you would be cheering it to high heaven.
It's not his guests' fault that his estimates fell short.

Quote:
Again, how can they stay in town if there are NO HOTELS? Wow, it really is like trying to nail a piece of jello. No matter how concrete the evidence is right in front of your face, you still deny reality. The one hotel in the local town has reported being booked for months. That's not a sign of failure. Here is one local restaurant who said the Ark crowds have doubled their business.
I have never once said it was a failure. I said that it's not meeting the expectations that Ham set. Confirm or deny.

Quote:
If you didn't care, you wouldn't be raising such a big stink about it in these threads.
Well, you're the one that's starting 'em. I'm not taking the blame for your baiting people.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:42 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,614,119 times
Quote:
You do realize that a "boom" doesn't happen overnight.
Just another case you don't know what words really mean.

Can you show a nonboom boom that takes more than a day to happen?

Durp

Old 10-04-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yawning again...

I suggest you spend time on post #6. You'll find what your looking for there.
Already refuted post #6. My sources which all claim that the park has benefited the area is MORE RECENT. I wouldn't be surprised 5 years from now after the Park has revitalized the area and create an enormous boom, you will still resort to these old biased news articles as proof to the contrary.

Bottom line, Ken has done what he promised. He brought millions of tourists to a dingy little town in the middle of nowhere. It's up to the city and businesses to figure out how to utilize those tourists.

Quote:

Zovath said the one million who have come through the gates is slightly below the one-and-half to two million the Ark Encounter projected. He said that is because it opened a year ago in the middle of tourist season.

“We've got no complaints," he said. "We brought over a million people to Grant County already, and that number just continues to climb."

But is the ark also lifting the local economy?

"In the beginning, we really didn't see a whole lot of influx from the ark traffic,” said Bren Murphy," who owns a coffee shop in downtown Williamstown.

Murphy said after a slow start, she is starting to see new customers and new business owners.

“New purchasers have taken over a lot of the buildings," she said. "There's a lot of rehab going on in the beautiful, eclectic town, so that's a good thing."

Murphy said plans to improve signage should help point more ark visitors to Williamstown.

“We're bringing a million in. Now the local areas need to figure out what to do with them, how to keep them here,” Zovath said.

1 year after opening, Ark Encounter's attendance and impact is g - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Just burns you up to have to see that the Park is succeeding huh? So your only alternative is to deny reality. And I will continue to post evidence to the contrary and exposure how atheists distort the truth.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Just another case you don't know what words really mean.

Can you show a nonboom boom that takes more than a day to happen?

Durp
Branson MO did not become a tourist mecca and economic boom overnight. Now a town of less than 10K population has over 7 million visitors a year.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't expect Walt Disney to blame the Pirates of the Carribean ride's malfunctions on the park's visitors.
And i wouldn't expect anyone with a lick of common sense to claim that Walt Disney park was a complete failure because millions didn't show up on opening day.

Quote:

I have never once said it was a failure. I said that it's not meeting the expectations that Ham set. Confirm or deny.

I've given ample proof that the Park has met expectations. The only reason it fell short of estimated numbers in 2016 is because the park opened after the tourist season.

Quote:

Well, you're the one that's starting 'em. I'm not taking the blame for your baiting people.
And no one is forcing you to read them or reply. You are not going to change my opinion without any concrete evidence.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:33 AM

465 posts, read 236,748 times
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth
The statues and carnival rides only remind me of the pagans in their dwindling days.
"contributed" is not "created"... what a seriously misleading thread title for such a pagan-esque
and money-centered tourist trap grotesquerie. We are truly always living in a world of grotesquerie
and make-believe with these money-grubbing religious lot (be they believing in heavenly syncretic
oligarchies or heavenly mono-dictatorial "tripersonality" fascisms).

Actually, the days of the atheists are numbered, since they're part of the counter-culture for dialectical materialism.

Karl Marx and the dictatorship of the proletariat where the state dissolves as being nothing good but raw capitalism.

The whole tax structure should be finished off as it has hampered faith as it should work to cause serious evaluations.

That event called the flood as in the days of Noah they would care more about how they would fill money's machines.

Those who embark on a constant basis to call Christian government something society does not need only to lacking.

We shall not go back to the daily doses of what atheists have told society, that there is no God, so fill that at vacuums.

There is no national debt since for a number of service personnel who have lost their lives, or hardly kept their limbs.

For just, or unjust wars served abroad, or wherever they may be, such as how many times guns brought into schools.

There is no place in the U.S. Constitution where it states "separation of church and state", those are Jefferson's words.

Taken strictly out of context that prayers be removed so that the protective covering is removed, good-bye atheists.

You are the same as Antifa to how much do you wish to continue with a seance to where hell presents those afterlifes.

Even Egyptian theology teaches there is a real hell where that fire is not quenched in that shadow of God has darkness.

America was taken over by a supposed intellectual class, whose aim was to bury how freedom is God grants the rights.

That God is dead movement died a long time ago when it attempted to prove where God does not exist except He died.

That counter-culture of false social constructs where society must live in fear all the time wondering what's the world.

The same universe God made expands itself well beyond fake borders you have made up all inside of taxes structured.

In just 6 days God made it all which is way more than any of you could ever think of creating so try it some time dead.

Then resurrect yourself out of that grave he will take you to seeing how fanciful it is to put faith on that block chopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality