Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:12 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,798,651 times

Advertisements

Yes I believe the message of Jesus has been distorted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 11:21 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,995,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Again only you know the truth.

Where did Jesus say "Thou shall not murder".

Christian decide to pick and choose what commandments to believe.

Christians in their belief system break at least 3 commandments just by believing in their faith.

Campbell the facts do not lie. In the name of Christ more people have been MURDER than any other belief.
Christians are so worried about abortion but they destroy cities and countries in the name of Jesus.

Their is a reason Christianity requires Blind Faith. It is the only thing in your life that you use this practice. Everything else in your life is done by logic and reason.
Mark 10:19 Jesus said, "DO NOT KILL"

And I do not believe in blind faith, my faith is built on evidence.

People who have murdered other people are Christian in name only. Those who pratice murder do not know Christ, and they will be the same ones when they come before the Lord in the last days, God will tell them to depart from Him, because He never knew them.

I believe all the commandments.

What commandments do Christians break by following their faith?

Old 10-19-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
1 I am not misinformed. Blind faith- is Having faith in something that you do not know to be true or accurate. Christian have blind Faith because their is little evidence to support Man being God. Matter of Fact the Old testament proves that Man can not be God. So one has to blindly believe what the New Testament says is true.

2 Christians Have used war to promote their religion, if you do not remember history than please refer to Spanish inquisition for one example. Spanish Inquisition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3 Jesus did not fulfill the law because the world is no better than the days of Noah. Oh, thats right Christians have the three strikes your out rule. Jesus will come to this earth 3 times before he fulfills all that he is supposed to do. I mean come on anyone that believes that has to have blind faith. Think about it for a second. Put your logical brain on that god gave you. Think, have you seen any man or women ever die and come back to save the world. Deut 4 :15 will help you solve your answer if not isaiah 45:19-22 will too.
It is because Jesus Christ fulfilled the 300 prophecies of the Old Testament that we know that Jesus is God.

The Spanish inquisition was controled by those who claimed to be Christians. Yet Jesus said that if you murder someone you are not one of His, and you will not enter Gods Kingdom.

And the prophecies of the Bible will tell you that Jesus final return could not happen until the Jews first return to Israel from a worldwide exile and they would settle in south Israel first which they now have in (1948), and second they would retake Jerusalem by force. Which they did in (1967). The prophecies of the Bible are occuring and the Bible has told you the truth all along. The prophecies also tells you that Jerusalems East Porch Gate would be seal up until the Prince to come would open it. Jerusalems East Gate is sealed today, and all attempts to open the Gate have failed just as the Bible said they would. You really need to take the time to read the prophecies of the Bible before you write off it's Words of truth.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:06 PM

28 posts, read 44,162 times
Default To campbell134

don't know what earth your living on, but where i am what you describe is exactly what's happening. that's why 100's of 1000's of humans have been killed by Uncle Sam The Psycho Man in the last 60 years.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:13 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,677,343 times
jesus was not a pacifist. nor did he condemn the use of force.
this is in itself is a distortion. i am very much in favor of discrimination against evil.
fighting evil is not unchristian. much evil hides behind the banner of gay and black. those who do this do not represent gay people or black people.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:31 PM

10,228 posts, read 16,351,364 times
This is where I may fail where the New Testament is concerned, because I am NOT the turn-the-other-cheek type. Someone who breaks into my house will get shot in an instant. Our nation has been in wars that I don't support, but war does have its place. How I wish we had focused more on Afghanistan and gotten our hands on Bin Laden. (And, no, I wouldn't forgive this person; if anything, I would probably torture him with my own hands.)

Yes, the things you mentioned are definitely against the pacifist, peacemaking teachings of Christ. It's a very tall order for the rest of us who aren't perfect like Christ was, and it's a continuing struggle. But as I mentioned in another thread, the progress of His teachings have been continual for a looooooong time, and it's really only in recent history that we've developed a more social consciousness that matches what He taught. It has by far NOT been an overnight conversion!

We've had our share of evil in the world ~ Bin Laden is only one of them. We'll be protecting ourselves from them until the last human is gone from the earth. That means "war".

Old 10-20-2008, 07:30 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,588,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Mark 10:19 Jesus said, "DO NOT KILL"

And I do not believe in blind faith, my faith is built on evidence.

People who have murdered other people are Christian in name only. Those who pratice murder do not know Christ, and they will be the same ones when they come before the Lord in the last days, God will tell them to depart from Him, because He never knew them.

I believe all the commandments.

What commandments do Christians break by following their faith?

This was a topic Dietrich Bonhoeffer [a minister during WWII] struggled with greatly as he entered a plot to assassinate Hitler as killing was against the commandments. In that wisdom is that in the human state, sometimes a sin must occur to correct a greater sin.

This is an example of the fine line we walk on where the literal words of the law are not enough. The Sprit of God must move us in the right direction when we cannot stay on that tightrope. We are incapable of obeying the law in its entirety because of our human nature.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquine View Post
don't know what earth your living on, but where i am what you describe is exactly what's happening. that's why 100's of 1000's of humans have been killed by Uncle Sam The Psycho Man in the last 60 years.
So your saying we should of allow Hitler to take over the USA and the rest of the world?

Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
This was a topic Dietrich Bonhoeffer [a minister during WWII] struggled with greatly as he entered a plot to assassinate Hitler as killing was against the commandments. In that wisdom is that in the human state, sometimes a sin must occur to correct a greater sin.

This is an example of the fine line we walk on where the literal words of the law are not enough. The Sprit of God must move us in the right direction when we cannot stay on that tightrope. We are incapable of obeying the law in its entirety because of our human nature.
Killing for a just cause is not a sin. murder is. The Scriptures point this out.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:22 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,022,033 times
Not only has the teaching of the Christ been distorted, they been bastardized in such away that I don't even think that Jesus himself would claim that these were his teachings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality