Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 12:16 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,362,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No the amazing thing is when atheists demand evidence when they will never accept it or really want it. It's just a game.

No you are incorrect. I have worked in creation of videos of explosions, mostly at high speed photography and explosions up to 2000kg of C4. A single frame in a video can easily be manipulated and you would never know it. The video of the parking lot could have been shot prior to the Ark being opened. The video of the parking lot could easily be disproved is someone else was around at that time and took a photo and their camera was set to the correct time. Personally I do not think a video of a nearly empty parking lot would say much about the attendance overall at the Ark and hence the conclusions of Cupper and others may not be accurate. But your video of the flaming hand is not to be trusted either if it was the only frame that showed that without an impartial and expert examination of the footage. If it has been through a program like AfterEffects all bets are off.

You simply have a different frame of what evidence is and is not than do most people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 12:29 PM

8,792 posts, read 8,215,848 times
So, what is the point of this thing? Is it just a giant zoo displaying two animals at a time? With shopping interspersed?

Old 08-29-2016, 01:31 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,900,685 times
Quote:
Ken has reported numerous times that the attendance numbers are really well and thousands have attended.
Hate to tell you, Jeffy, but dear ol' Ken has been lying through his teeth.

Creationist Ken Ham gets busted lying about his Ark exhibit’s abysmal opening day turnout – DeadState

He use exactly the same picture, showing exactly the same crowd, for two different time periods (pre-opening and post) claiming two different levels of attendance.

Here's a page with a series of videos, most of which are full of empty hallways...

Scenes from Ark Encounter’s Opening Day (Inside the Ark)

And, on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/MrAtheistPants/s...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Old 08-29-2016, 01:38 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,781,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
No you are incorrect. I have worked in creation of videos of explosions, mostly at high speed photography and explosions up to 2000kg of C4. A single frame in a video can easily be manipulated and you would never know it. The video of the parking lot could have been shot prior to the Ark being opened. The video of the parking lot could easily be disproved is someone else was around at that time and took a photo and their camera was set to the correct time. Personally I do not think a video of a nearly empty parking lot would say much about the attendance overall at the Ark and hence the conclusions of Cupper and others may not be accurate. But your video of the flaming hand is not to be trusted either if it was the only frame that showed that without an impartial and expert examination of the footage. If it has been through a program like AfterEffects all bets are off.
As I explained earlier, if the evidence is in doubt, you weigh it with other evidences. Care to explain to me why the director and crew would all conspire to make up lies and fabricate a story that offered zero monetary gain? Film crews are not small. Someone who have spilled the beans that is all a pack of lies.
Most people hoax supernatural videos or pictures for the attention. The director didn't need attention. He already had plenty of notoriety as a famous director of James Bond films. I see absolutely no reason for them to fake the photo.

Unless there is a clear motive, I don't just assume everyone is a liar. Atheists do when it comes to any evidence even remotely suggesting that they are wrong. OTOH, they tend to accept without question any evidence that denigrates Christianity. Notice I said "tend". I'm not being all inclusive here.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:48 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,321,707 times
Quote:
Unless there is a clear motive, I don't just assume everyone is a liar. Atheists do when it comes to any evidence even remotely suggesting that they are wrong. OTOH, they tend to accept without question any evidence that denigrates Christianity. Notice I said "tend". I'm not being all inclusive here.
You have a raging case of confirmation bias, Jeff.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:53 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,781,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Hate to tell you, Jeffy, but dear ol' Ken has been lying through his teeth.

Creationist Ken Ham gets busted lying about his Ark exhibit’s abysmal opening day turnout – DeadState

He use exactly the same picture, showing exactly the same crowd, for two different time periods (pre-opening and post) claiming two different levels of attendance.

Here's a page with a series of videos, most of which are full of empty hallways...

Scenes from Ark Encounter’s Opening Day (Inside the Ark)

And, on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/MrAtheistPants/s...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
How about you show me a source that isn't blatantly anti-Christian and does not have a bias against Ken?

Old 08-29-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
How about you show me a source that isn't blatantly anti-Christian and does not have a bias against Ken?
The Unrealistic Journal hasn't printed an issue recently.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,328,807 times
Maybe Ham can post a video of a flaming hand rising from the ark.

That could up the interest in the Ark Encounter. If it's a flop a lot of people will lose their jobs.... and others will get stuck paying for Ham's boondoggle. Not good.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Maybe Ham can post a video of a flaming hand rising from the ark.

That could up the interest in the Ark Encounter. If it's a flop a lot of people will lose their jobs.... and others will get stuck paying for Ham's boondoggle. No bueno.
Probably make more money as a meth lab.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:12 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,362,216 times
Quote:
As I explained earlier, if the evidence is in doubt, you weigh it with other evidences. Care to explain to me why the director and crew would all conspire to make up lies and fabricate a story that offered zero monetary gain? Film crews are not small. Someone who have spilled the beans that is all a pack of lies.
Most people hoax supernatural videos or pictures for the attention. The director didn't need attention. He already had plenty of notoriety as a famous director of James Bond films. I see absolutely no reason for them to fake the photo.

Thank you for stating tend rather than accuse of all of doing it all the time, it is a big improvement and I thank you for it.

I have no idea who is involved in the film but the director is not the person doing the editing. I simply stated that it was easy to fake a hand in the video frame, I made no judgment on if it was fake or not or if the video of the parking lot is faked or not. A single person by themselves , a person not even on set could fake a frame or so on a video. If it was shot on film not as easy. And as someone who has watched explosions in slow motion all kinds of things happen in them as well we as humans look for patterns even if there are none. Also as far as patterns go once something is notices or stated other people try to fit things into that pattern, it is an honest fault of humans being humans.

Much of what you claim is evidence is simply a person's feelings or beliefs and what you often call denigrating is people simply pointing out to you that something is not evidence. I would be the first to agree that some people put down your and maybe all people's religion same as you put down those with no religion or the "wrong' religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality