Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 10:26 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,951,713 times

Advertisements

There must be something in the teachings of the theology of this pastor and his church that would make them think that this is not only OK, but appropriate. Now, I can't imagine what parts of his theology would lead him to think that way, but it did.

This abuse by church leaders just makes your heart bleed. They can stuff their "moral teachings" that their bible gives them, as obviously it has not given them any humanity tendencies at all. The step-mother who was also arrested presented serious resistance to police in entering the church where the poor boy was kept.

Oh, and the upstanding peddler of christ's message? He's on the run. What a pastor!

He must have been following this part of the bible:
“If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him; for he should make full restitution; if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.” – Exodus 22:1–3
https://www.ghanastar.com/africa-new...s-step-mother/
According to the statement released by the Security Forces, the boy was chained because he repeatedly stole (soup) from his stepmother. The step-mother, Kehinde reported to his father, Taiwo Francis, a Pastor in the church. Francis reportedly chained the boy to a log of wood inside a room within the church premises.
A more detailed story here:

Boy, 9, chained by pastor father speaks:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 03:26 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,840,694 times
I was going to say.."No....surely not". But then ...Africa. Yes, I can believe it. They can still kill or brutalize children because they believe they are witches.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:48 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,578,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I was going to say.."No....surely not". But then ...Africa. Yes, I can believe it. They can still kill or brutalize children because they believe they are witches.

Africa is second to Texas. This story below makes me want to get jeffy to tell the pastor to swallow his vomit. I am glad I am not writing what I want to write.

Megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress would vote for Trump over Jesus: The Bible calls for a ‘strongman’

Old 07-25-2016, 04:18 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,840,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Africa is second to Texas. This story below makes me want to get jeffy to tell the pastor to swallow his vomit. I am glad I am not writing what I want to write.

Megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress would vote for Trump over Jesus: The Bible calls for a ‘strongman’
Look on the bright side - many, many Christians are reasonable people. Even many fundamentalists and Megachurch members and even Republican voters are reasonable enough to look at that Face (1) and think "This is mad. This is impossible. I may not be a fan of democracy...I mean the democrats...or of Hilary Clinton. but I can't vote for this ship of fools."

(1) it reminds me of Gove...I know looks can be deceptive, but sometimes you look at a face and you just know you are looking at a complete idiot.

Oddly Boris the Buffoon and Trump the Chump have the same sort of look. Idiots of the Other kind - they can get away with it for a long time by bluster and blurt, but eventually they get found out.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:32 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,297,975 times
Just gotta beat that devil out of the sinner!
Attached Thumbnails
Makes my heart bleed: Pastor chains 9 year old boy and starves him - for stealing soup-faith_legalism.jpg  

Old 07-25-2016, 08:51 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,951,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Look on the bright side - many, many Christians are reasonable people....
We need to remember this, even though we highlight the abuses religious people perpetuate. What is the saying?
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg.
Unfortunately, there are too many bad people who use their religion as a cover. The worst part, is that there are some who will defend them, based on whatever holy book they subscribe to.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:15 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,107,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
There must be something in the teachings of the theology of this pastor and his church that would make them think that this is not only OK, but appropriate. Now, I can't imagine what parts of his theology would lead him to think that way, but it did.

This abuse by church leaders just makes your heart bleed. They can stuff their "moral teachings" that their bible gives them, as obviously it has not given them any humanity tendencies at all. The step-mother who was also arrested presented serious resistance to police in entering the church where the poor boy was kept.

Oh, and the upstanding peddler of christ's message? He's on the run. What a pastor!

He must have been following this part of the bible:
“If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him; for he should make full restitution; if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.” – Exodus 22:1–3
https://www.ghanastar.com/africa-new...s-step-mother/
According to the statement released by the Security Forces, the boy was chained because he repeatedly stole (soup) from his stepmother. The step-mother, Kehinde reported to his father, Taiwo Francis, a Pastor in the church. Francis reportedly chained the boy to a log of wood inside a room within the church premises.
A more detailed story here:

Boy, 9, chained by pastor father speaks:

So all the godless criminals locked up in the prisons all over the world MUST be inspired by some sort of ideaology in Atheism?

Yes, I definitely agree with you that a pastor would be the last person you'd expect to do such an act but it's NOT the religion that teaches to chain a kid if he steals a cup of soup.

It's the fault of HUMAN!
There could be a lot cruel and savage wolves in a sheep skin who have taken the camoflaugue under the religious designation.
Just because someone is a "pastor" does not automatically mean that he is an angel.
Just because someone has a long beard and he is very loud in shouting "Allah Akbar" before taking an innocent life, means that he is following the religion he claims to represent.

You keep blaming the religion for the heinous acts of some individuals. Please reconsider your thought process.

I have never seen you giving credit to religious teachings when a positive contribution is made.

Here is an example, Christian missionaries build hundreeds of free schools and free hospitals during the British rule of India.

It's over a 100 years now, British Christians have long left; yet these schools and hospitals are still in operation providing services to the general public (regardless of their faith).

Old 07-25-2016, 09:28 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,136,643 times
Y'all must go looking for these stories just to get riled up about something. Abuse happens every day, everywhere, without being connected to any "church leader."

Athiests are so obsessed. LOL

Old 07-25-2016, 09:32 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,578,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So all the godless criminals locked up in the prisons all over the world MUST be inspired by some sort of ideaology in Atheism?

It's over a 100 years now, British Christians have long left; yet these schools and hospitals are still in operation providing services to the general public (regardless of their faith).
OTOH, atheists have never tortured people or burned them at the stake because they believed they were witches or used their beliefs to pass laws that blur the lines of a separation of church and state.

Also, there are countless stories of christian missionaries who mistreated Native American children in the boarding schools.

I don't go out looking for news stories on obscene behavior from any group or race. There is another forum here on CD where posters seem to find great delight in posting every news story that features blacks and muslims in a bad light. No one here is suggesting that this cruel act of chaining up a boy exemplifies Christian behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Athiests are so obsessed. LOL
And Christians are not obsessed with their faith? LOL

Old 07-25-2016, 09:34 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,136,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
No one here is suggesting that this cruel act of chaining up a boy exemplifies Christian behavior.
So why not just post it in the Current Events subforum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality