Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 05:28 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

Both deal with the pastor who hired a felon convicted of multiple offenses, including raping a 13 year old girl, while holding a razor knife to her throat, and then saying that girl was complicit in her rape, because, "It takes two to tango."

The two threads:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...-year-old.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ming-13-a.html

Now read responses from Christians who defend that. How could you? How could you just ignore what the girl went through, and play the 'forgiveness' card? How can you defend the pastors words that the girl is to blame? How can you defend the pastor saying the rape is no worse than stealing candy?

There are some Christians on here who I respect, even when disagreeing. I have no respect, nor should anyone, for those who come to the rapists and this pastor's defense. How can anyone have that despicable a viewpoint... has your religion have you so indoctrinated?

What was the matter, didn't the victim scream loud enough. Guess she should have been stoned to death, just like the OT says, right?

You are as bad as the ISIS crowd, and I mean that. Same mentality.

Yeah, it makes me angry that people in this day and age still promulgate that type of attitude. I would enjoy having a coffee with many of my adversaries on here, but people who not only excuse but support this pastor's behavior, I don't even want to be in the same room for fear your dirtiness will stay with me. Go back into whatever hole you came from.

If you need to get up to speed, you can read the whole story here:

https://religousnotright.wordpress.c...-two-to-tango/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 05:51 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Both deal with the pastor who hired a felon convicted of multiple offenses, including raping a 13 year old girl, while holding a razor knife to her throat, and then saying that girl was complicit in her rape, because, "It takes two to tango."

The two threads:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...-year-old.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ming-13-a.html

Now read responses from Christians who defend that. How could you? How could you just ignore what the girl went through, and play the 'forgiveness' card? How can you defend the pastors words that the girl is to blame? How can you defend the pastor saying the rape is no worse than stealing candy?

There are some Christians on here who I respect, even when disagreeing. I have no respect, nor should anyone, for those who come to the rapists and this pastor's defense. How can anyone have that despicable a viewpoint... has your religion have you so indoctrinated?

What was the matter, didn't the victim scream loud enough. Guess she should have been stoned to death, just like the OT says, right?

You are as bad as the ISIS crowd, and I mean that. Same mentality.

Yeah, it makes me angry that people in this day and age still promulgate that type of attitude. I would enjoy having a coffee with many of my adversaries on here, but people who not only excuse but support this pastor's behavior, I don't even want to be in the same room for fear your dirtiness will stay with me. Go back into whatever hole you came from.

If you need to get up to speed, you can read the whole story here:

https://religousnotright.wordpress.c...-two-to-tango/

So people CAN NOT change in your world? Do you even have a shred of evidence that this guy is currently a rapist? After all, that's what you are saying he is CURRENTLY. No one is defending the guy's sinful act. It's despicable, but unless you have prove that the guy is still doing the acts, you are cold and unforgiving. I've seen harden criminals get out of prison and become loving faithful Christians. People can change through Christ.

Old 04-18-2016, 05:56 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So people CAN NOT change in your world? Do you even have a shred of evidence that this guy is currently a rapist? After all, that's what you are saying he is CURRENTLY. No one is defending the guy's sinful act. It's despicable, but unless you have prove that the guy is still doing the acts, you are cold and unforgiving. I've seen harden criminals get out of prison and become loving faithful Christians. People can change through Christ.

You don't put someone like that in a position of authority and not warn people. That's the problem! This BS about someone being considered "changed" because the made a commitment to Jesus thing is NOT working. Fine, he served his time. That is sheer insanity to put him in a position to do it again.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Do you even have a shred of evidence that this guy is currently a rapist? After all, that's what you are saying he is CURRENTLY. No one is defending the guy's sinful act. It's despicable, but unless you have prove that the guy is still doing the acts, you are cold and unforgiving.

Be sure to let us know if you'd say to a paroled rapist, "Right on brother! I forgive you and I think it's awesome you're dating my sister."

Old 04-18-2016, 06:21 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Be sure to let us know if you'd say to a paroled rapist, "Right on brother! I forgive you and I think it's awesome you're dating my sister."
Yeah, because it's all about making the rapist feel cozy. Who cares about his victims both past and future.? Here, we trust you around children because you got baptized. Why don't you babysit my kids for me.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:23 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
I have seen pedophiles get out of prison and molest 4-6 more kids before being arrested again..

Do you have pedophiles babysit your kids? Ask you church brethren how many want a pedophile top spend quality time ALONE with their children..then tell us how people"change."

Old 04-18-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
So what are your comments about the pastor saying:
  • It is just like stealing candy
  • The 13 year old victim was complicit in the rape, "It takes two to tango".
Do you have no comments about the pastor's words? Why not?

Old 04-18-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted.
You can BET I will slam those that excuse a pastor blaming the rape victim, a 13 year old rape victim, a 13 year old rape victim who had a razor knife held at her throat.

Every. Single. Time.

Apparently you feel the messenger, me, is the issue, not the pastor who blames the victim. Deal with the facts, the facts that these transgressions happen, and worse still, that many support the actions of the transgressors. Christian morality?

Apparently, at least with way too many that society should be comfortable with.

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-19-2016 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: Quoted post deleted

Old 04-18-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So what are your comments about the pastor saying:
  • It is just like stealing candy
  • The 13 year old victim was complicit in the rape, "It takes two to tango".
Do you have no comments about the pastor's words? Why not?

Why don't you post his full comments instead of the two to tango bit? Of course not because he doesn't look that bad in full context which is this:

"This is a situation if that girl chooses.... It takes two to tango, Ok If that girl chooses to sleep with him, she is just as guilty as he is". Now does that sound like rape to you? Either pastor is talking about someone else or rape never occurred here. It's not rape if a girl chooses to have sex.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted
Well said. It is just absurd to compare Christians on the level of ISIS or even claim that we are even worse yet I hardly hear a peep of anger from atheists towards the evil of ISIS.

Futhermore, I can't imagine why any Christian would put the blame on a rape victim especially if she was held at knife point. But it appears to me that the media here chopped up the pastor's words to force a sensational story.

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-19-2016 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality