Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 06:24 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times

Advertisements

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/09/sophie-kasiki-isis-raqqa-child-radicalized

“I have felt so guilty. I have asked myself how I can live with what I have done, taking my son to Syria,” she told the Observer. “I have hated those who manipulated me, exploited my naivety, my weakness, my insecurity. I have hated myself.”

Interesting story about how one woman was sucked into this insanity. There are other stories of people who have made it out. I will try and compile some on this thread.

People think it can't happen to them and that is exactly how it happens that they end up in groups like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 06:31 PM

De-Radicalised Pune Teen Speaks About Her Brainwashing By ISIS
'They Wanted Me To Treat War Victims In Syria'

The 17-year-old girl is a lone child from an affluent family in Pune. "Between April and August 2015, I was waiting for college to resume and whiling time online. I came across the ISIS and my curiosity got the better of me," the girl said.

"I started reading up on why people were supporting ISIS. The information that I found was about the Dos and Don'ts about Islam. But later, as I moved to Facebook, I became a part of the ISIS web group. I shed my western attire and began wearing the burkha," she added.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:36 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/20/op...e-iphone-share
Why have tens of thousands of people from around the world chosen to live under the Islamic State’s draconian rule and fight under its black flag? To understand this phenomenon, we must recognize that the world of radical Islam is not just death and destruction. It also encompasses fashion, music, poetry, dream interpretation. In short, jihadism offers its adherents a rich cultural universe in which they can immerse themselves.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:42 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/02/us...ys.html?smprod

The individuals range from hardened militants to teenage girls, petty criminals and college students,” said Lorenzo Vidino, the director of the university’s program on extremism, which conducted the study. “The diversity is staggering.”

Old 01-17-2016, 06:54 PM

Great video by Steve Hassan talking about mind control and ISIS. It's long so a person would have to be particularly interested in this kind of thing. It starts out with testimony from people who escaped from other mind control groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqkA...tu.be&t=54m56s

Old 01-17-2016, 07:47 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Similar message here as well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8rbHwMXMT8

Old 01-17-2016, 08:16 PM

Thanks for posting that video Z.

The exScientolgist made a point about our educational system. He remarked it was more geared toward obedience and conformity than critical thinking and creativity. Critical thinking could inoculate people against being sucked in. Hassan mentioned something people do called fundamental attribution error. Even just being aware of these little tricks our mind plays on us could help.

In social psychology, the fundamental attribution error, also known as the correspondence bias or attribution effect, is the tendency for people to place an undue emphasis on internal characteristics (personality) to explain someone else's behavior in a given situation rather than considering the situation's external factors. It does not explain interpretations of one's own behavior, where situational factors are more easily recognized and can thus be taken into consideration

Old 01-18-2016, 12:20 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,645,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Similar message here as well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8rbHwMXMT8
There is a lot of difference between this purely political issue [should be dealt within the Political Forum] and that of ISIS which is driven by Religious elements.
All the issues [right or wrong by any party] raised by the person in the video can be debated in the political forum.

People become Muslims for religious reason or are born into it.
In the case of Islam [supposedly claimed to be a religion of peace], the religion has evil laden elements that influenced and inspired the vulnerable evil prone Muslims [Male, women, children] to support and/or commit terrible evils and violence.

Those who join the military do it on a basis of having a career are well informed that justified killing by conventional standard is allowed where necessary. The military do not condoned the other types of evil committed by ISIS, e.g. beheadings, mass rapes, etc.
War is basically immoral but a person is in this particular case has the option not to join the army.

Recruitment by ISIS is not exactly the truth.
The truth is once a person become a Muslim they are duty bound to strive for the cause of Allah with their wealth and their life. Here is one verse amongst many similar from the Quran;

8:74. Those [Muslims] who believed and left their homes [emigrated to Medina] and strove for the cause of Allah, and those [Muslims in Medina] who took them [refugee Muslims] in and helped them these are the believers in truth. For them [true Muslims] is pardon, and a bountiful provision.
Not all Muslims will buy into this call but the zealous devoted Muslims will be driven to participate for the cause of Allah [killing infidels where necessary] and will look for opportunities to do so.
Organization like ISIS, AL Qaeda, Boko Haram and others are merely mousetraps for them to fall into.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:55 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Should be automatic jail for anyone coming back from that place or a deportation out of the country to Saudi Arabia

Old 01-18-2016, 06:04 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
There is a lot of difference between this purely political issue [should be dealt within the Political Forum] and that of ISIS which is driven by Religious elements.
All the issues [right or wrong by any party] raised by the person in the video can be debated in the political forum.

People become Muslims for religious reason or are born into it.
In the case of Islam [supposedly claimed to be a religion of peace], the religion has evil laden elements that influenced and inspired the vulnerable evil prone Muslims [Male, women, children] to support and/or commit terrible evils and violence.

Those who join the military do it on a basis of having a career are well informed that justified killing by conventional standard is allowed where necessary. The military do not condoned the other types of evil committed by ISIS, e.g. beheadings, mass rapes, etc.
War is basically immoral but a person is in this particular case has the option not to join the army.

Recruitment by ISIS is not exactly the truth.
The truth is once a person become a Muslim they are duty bound to strive for the cause of Allah with their wealth and their life. Here is one verse amongst many similar from the Quran;

8:74. Those [Muslims] who believed and left their homes [emigrated to Medina] and strove for the cause of Allah, and those [Muslims in Medina] who took them [refugee Muslims] in and helped them these are the believers in truth. For them [true Muslims] is pardon, and a bountiful provision.
Not all Muslims will buy into this call but the zealous devoted Muslims will be driven to participate for the cause of Allah [killing infidels where necessary] and will look for opportunities to do so.
Organization like ISIS, AL Qaeda, Boko Haram and others are merely mousetraps for them to fall into.

Why are so many of our armed forces convinced they too fight for GOD?

Why is GOD used / mentioned as the driving force for American military success?

The only "difference" is the American military is organized, but just like ISIS, the military relies on RELIGIOUS indoctrination to maintain the self-sacrificial mentality to get our young men and women to die.

The fact is, whenever we allow our fever for GOD, COUNTRY and APPLE pie to cloud our thoughts, people are quick to jump the train to defend the mother-land.

This is exactly why a government RULED by religion is DANGEROUS..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality