Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 05:49 AM

3 posts, read 3,690 times

Advertisements

On a spiritual level there are no borders between religions.
This video shows it well.

Sankta Homa - The beauty of religion - YouTube

I firmly believe in this and I do not understand how people can miss on such huge similarities between faiths. That should be enough to stop religious war and discriminations.
Lets discuss about this. I am curious about what you people think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 06:44 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,934,471 times
I would say this philosophy has to come from some one completely on the out side of faith altogether.
Men are not worshipping them self when worshiping god.
These structures reflect their devotion to their faith toward god not to them self.
Men whom worship them self, build things for their own pleasure their own homes and investments in selfish pursuit.
There is great diversion in faiths because of the influences that inspire different disciplines not every one is agree on.
Allah is referred to go by Muslim, assuming to be the God of Abraham , but they are not.
God of Abraham does not approve of lies ,and this is the primary contrast.
Allah approves of lies.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:14 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,209,252 times
If you believe that then you don't have a clue what Christianity is about. Christianity is the only one that has God taking the step to redeem fallen man instead of man trying to work to get to him.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:15 AM

20,045 posts, read 13,512,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I would say this philosophy has to come from some one completely on the out side of faith altogether.
Men are not worshipping them self when worshiping god.
Lol ... all gods are the inventions of men and a projection of their hopes, dreams, aspirations, fears and insecurities.
Quote:
Men whom worship them self, build things for their own pleasure their own homes and investments in selfish pursuit.
Or they construct plausible deniability by showboating their piety and self-denial -- or more commonly, just rationalizing their financial constraints as unimportant compared to their "spiritual" exploits.
Quote:
There is great diversion in faiths because of the influences that inspire different disciplines not every one is agree on.
Likely you don't realize how accurate this statement is. I totally agree with you, but not with the implicit exemption you have for your particular religion.
Quote:
Allah is referred to go by Muslim, assuming to be the God of Abraham , but they are not.
God of Abraham does not approve of lies ,and this is the primary contrast. Allah approves of lies.
I've noticed this particular meme catching fire lately. Apparently fundamentalist Christians have recently had it dawn on them that Muslims worship the same god as they do, just under a different name. And now they are desperately trying to distance themselves from that violent tribal war-god they've been worshipping all along!

As to Islam's actual attitude toward lying, this appears to be typical: Lying in Islam

It even spells out the very narrow exceptions about lying, e.g., as a wartime tactic. I'm sure that fundamentalist Muslims regard their very existence as a wartime struggle against the infidel, just as, with different words, "Christian soldiers" sing of "marching unto war with the cross of Jesus going on before". But that is a fundamentalist problem, not a mainstream belief.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:35 PM

..Ok.. I just meant on a SPIRITUAL level...I mean..when we pray..to whichever god(s).. we all do it for the same reason..like you say..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
a projection of their hopes, dreams, aspirations, fears and insecurities.
that we all share and experience! Customs and the way to interpret story obliviously differ across the faiths. But I think no one religion can really accuse an other. Its really time to bury the hatchet over religion conflict all around the world. They are all fascinating in the own way and every worshipping place is magical is magical I reckon.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:42 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,702,559 times
Yes, it is believing in nothing, equally.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:59 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Lightbulb All religions are the same

Basically like this...

Old 11-14-2013, 11:13 PM

ahah...better to worship something else..I hate that Mc Ronald Clown! Lol!

Old 11-17-2013, 03:09 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,275,026 times
I believe that there is but one deity, and its perception is dependent on the cultural baggage of those who believe. This deity, call it God or Godess of the great treee, has many many aspects, and we see and embrase those which our preceptions allow us to. But in the end, every christan prayer, every pagan circle, every tribal ceremony and every other reaching out to the deity is seeking the same deity.

We recieve gifts of wisdom or knowledge if we need them, and for good. But the purpose of 'religion' is to build a cultural base around the spiritual for those who do not know how to reach out without it.

And just because something is part of a religion, some idea like the one that ours are special and its okay to destroy the ones who aren't us, does not mean it is related in any way to this deity or that it is of their light. But it serves to make humans feel they can justify the destruction of other humans.

"God/Godess" is light and truth and peace. It has in the end very very little do with most 'religion' which is something made up by humans. You do not need the props to touch the light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality