Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 07:35 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,760,459 times

Advertisements

Can somebody please point to one event that happened today that God was directly responsible for? Please give the evidence that you have that God was directly responsible for this event. If he / she / it didnt do anything today on our planet, what about yesterday or even last week?

The Bible supports a worldview of a deity who is active. Please give all things that were ruled out as explanations, leaving you with God as the only possibility for the event happening.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:51 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Texan
Quote:
Can somebody please point to one event that happened today that God was directly responsible for?
Let's see.....I meant to cut the lawn this afternoon, but instead I took a nap. When I woke up and looked outside, the lawn had been mowed!

Jesus is the only possible explanation, well, maybe it wasn't Jesus himself running the mower, but one of his middle management types like an angel.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Today I prayed to win the lotto and guess what, my prayers were answered! I won 5 bucks off a scratcher. Wow, mysterious ways I'll tell ya, mysterious ways. I was just wondering if I could afford gum or not, no need to wonder when you have God.

By the way, my God is a 2 headed version with a hoover scooter and cool hair. Just FYI

Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,760,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Today I prayed to win the lotto and guess what, my prayers were answered! I won 5 bucks off a scratcher. Wow, mysterious ways I'll tell ya, mysterious ways. I was just wondering if I could afford gum or not, no need to wonder when you have God.

By the way, my God is a 2 headed version with a hoover scooter and cool hair. Just FYI
Did God whisper in your ear that he arranged for that to happen. Just checking. LOL

Old 11-29-2012, 08:39 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,382,917 times
According to my facebook feed from today, he was apparently responsible for making my sister in law's stove work, my cousin finding a new job, and for one of my friends being in a good mood.
(Yeah, I could delete the people who post all this stuff on facebook, but sometimes it's mildly entertaining.)

Old 11-29-2012, 10:03 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,991 times
I think he changed the channels a lot until Thursday Night Football came on. He placed his bet on the Falcons. According to some players, he is the reason they won, so I call shenanigans.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Did God whisper in your ear that he arranged for that to happen. Just checking. LOL
Lol, actually God went through a the check out lady and had her say "did you want a lotto card today?" It's wonderful how that happens.

Prayzzzz the hoover scooter God, and bless you for asking.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:10 AM

283 posts, read 508,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Maybe it should be moved to spirituality. As an atheist I want to see someone step up to the challenge.

Dude, you're making this a waay too easy question for the Religious zealots out there who believe in God. Allow me to play Devil's Advocate here and give you a sample answer of what you can expect from the True Believers:

"God is responsible for everything you see and did today!! He created the Earth and the sky and all the living things and put the very breath in your lungs that make it possible for you to live in His wonderful Holy World and enjoy His erlasting Grace!!"

See what I mean? LOL

Old 11-30-2012, 12:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickety_Split View Post
Dude, you're making this a waay too easy question for the Religious zealots out there who believe in God. Allow me to play Devil's Advocate here and give you a sample answer of what you can expect from the True Believers:

"God is responsible for everything you see and did today!! He created the Earth and the sky and all the living things and put the very breath in your lungs that make it possible for you to live in His wonderful Holy World and enjoy His erlasting Grace!!"

See what I mean? LOL
Ya, but when something bad happens or a human fails they never put the responsibility on "god" who they claim created EVERYTHING including those flawed huumans...

Old 12-01-2012, 02:31 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Well, the Baptists (Baylor University) beat Kentucky in men's basketball AND the Baylor football team beat OK St. If that's not the hand of God...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality