Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 05:37 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times

Advertisements

purehuman...Thanks for your post. Well I was referring to people with passive-aggressive anger who play very "subtle games" at times. Sometimes they keep their anger "buried" below the "surface." And they can act "innocent" when someone "calls them" on their behavior. Have you noticed this?...Do you think some religious people feel guilty or sinful for having "angry feelings?"...I'm not a traditionally religious person at all. But I guess you could say that Jesus has been somewhat of a role model to me. And He definitely "spoke His mind" when need be. He spoke out about injustices and unfairness and inequities in society during His lifetime. He didn't seem to have any fears about coming across as angry if something upset Him...Yet a lot of Christians today seem to have some fears about anger. Have you noticed this? Thanks for the "exchange."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 06:03 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times
irish_bob...Thanks for your post. Well something may "rile me up" and set-off a reaction in me. (And I might feel angry!)...But I feel that I have a choice when it comes to how I handle my anger. And a choice about whether I want to "hold-on" to my anger or not. How do you feel about it?...Normally I process my anger. I "get it" that I'm "mad." But why am I "upset?" Was my anger really "justified?" Did I "over-react?"... I try to look at other "sides" to the "equation" too. And the "bottom line" is that I don't enjoy "being mad" and I don't want to "stay mad" for long if I can help it!...I don't want to develop "grudges." My Dad held "lifelong grudges" and I know it contributed to his "rage-attacks." And I just don't want to be like my Dad in this respect..Did your Dad have "temper outbursts" too? Did your Dad have a tendency to hold "grudges?"...Anyway enough! Thanks!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:11 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1392832 View Post
Political issues are best addressed in the appropriate forum.
This is not political, it is an attempt to impose the ignorance of bronze age superstitions to a ballot initiative. If politics are involved, it is only being used as a tool to further the hate and intolerance of religious ignorance.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:15 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
The people who send me running for the hills, are those that take such deep pride in saying: I never get angry!

Getting angry, IMO, is as natural as getting thirsty, hungry, wanting to go to the bathroom or blinking your eyes!

Passive agressive types, subconsciously, bring out the anger and violence in others. IMO, these types should all be thrown in prison!

Old 04-27-2012, 12:24 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The people who send me running for the hills, are those that take such deep pride in saying: I never get angry!

Getting angry, IMO, is as natural as getting thirsty, hungry, wanting to go to the bathroom or blinking your eyes!

Passive agressive types, subconsciously, bring out the anger and violence in others. IMO, these types should all be thrown in prison!
Well if the passive aggressive types should be thrown in prison, the absolutist crowd should be thrown under it.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:16 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
anger isnt always a persons own making but i do agree that its better to walk away from angry people
anger IS a hard emotion to controll....

Old 04-27-2012, 07:38 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
anger IS a hard emotion to controll....
True, but it can be, and much easier to control than irrational fear, which gives religion its power over individuals. That too can be controlled, but it takes a lot more effort, which requires that one discard the willful ignorance they cleave to so desperately.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:29 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Seriously, anger is among the most common of emotions. Most people are seriously self-serving and effed up, a lot of religious institutions included.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:07 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
I agree...Asheville Native

Old 04-28-2012, 03:05 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Fear is usually the fundamental source of anger and it is more often than not the root of the problem. When you eventually discover exactly how to overcome this fear you will be taking the first steps to gaining control of your anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality